Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #2 *P. Hernandez guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is just that! LE rules. Not us, not Nancy Grace types. Does LE buckle to press? Public outcry? Yes...Caylee, Zimmermann. Remember how everyone loved Ramos for Etan. Evidence RULES. COURTS Rule. Not blogs, not press, not politicians. We're just back seat drivers here, having a genuine interest in facts-that's why I signed up.

For Patz Suspect, a Life Filled With Tumult and Family Mistrust

Snipped

Pedro Hernandez remained connected — shakily at times — to his family. In the early 1980s, he lived with the sister who the in-law said worried about him around her children. The in-law said he did not appear confused or delusional, just moody. He was always neat and clean, his fingernails well kept, but, the in-law said, “he was very controlling.”

Snipped

Peggy Niedzwiadek said that when she worked with Ms. Vargas in 1987 at an insurance firm, her colleague seemed “very much in love,” but that she had described a relationship Ms. Niedzwiadek found troubling: Mr. Hernandez would allow her to wear only long skirts and dresses and micromanaged her grocery shopping.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/11/nyregion/for-patz-suspect-a-tumultuous-past.html?pagewanted=all

In Puerto Rico, Shock and Anger Over a Murder in SoHo

While Pedro Hernandez told the police that he was often beaten as a child, neighbors disputed that...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/12/nyregion/in-puerto-rico-shock-and-anger-over-patz-murder.html

Interesting. Maybe a private company was hired by whose garbage that was and they took it.

Today's Daily Beast, if there was a strike this guy would have mentioned it. At least it looks like the LE are checking things out.

.... New York detectives may be seeking to interview the three sanitation workers assigned to Manhattan West 2 who had that route at the time. A retired sanitation worker who had an adjoining route says the street where Hernandez allegedly placed the body probably had pickups five days a week, most likely after the street sweeper went through, sometime after 9 a.m. Patz weighed some 50 pounds, and the retired worker suggests that this would not have given one of his comrades pause.

“Just throw it in the truck with no problem,” the retired worker says.

That means Patz’s body could very well have been on its way to a barge on the Hudson River hours before he was reported missing and hours before the area was searched by some 300 cops.......

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...spect-in-the-etan-patz-case-mentally-ill.html

Today's Daily Beast, if there was a strike this guy would have mentioned it. At least it looks like the LE are checking things out.

.... New York detectives may be seeking to interview the three sanitation workers assigned to Manhattan West 2 who had that route at the time. A retired sanitation worker who had an adjoining route says the street where Hernandez allegedly placed the body probably had pickups five days a week, most likely after the street sweeper went through, sometime after 9 a.m. Patz weighed some 50 pounds, and the retired worker suggests that this would not have given one of his comrades pause.

“Just throw it in the truck with no problem,” the retired worker says.

That means Patz’s body could very well have been on its way to a barge on the Hudson River hours before he was reported missing and hours before the area was searched by some 300 cops.......

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...spect-in-the-etan-patz-case-mentally-ill.html

Thats just horrific. His parents were going about their day blissfully ignorent of what was about to happen, whilst their little son was being dumped on a rubbish tip. Perhaps they even passed the rubbish pile on the street whilst he was still there. How purely evil to throw away a child, someone so hugely important to his family, on a rubbish tip. He was not a piece of rubbish, he was one of the centres of his parents' universe. I will never be able to understand the nature of people like this.

I think I read that Etan was to get a soda at lunch but being a kid he decided to get one at the Bodega. The store wasn't open and PH was at the celler and lured him down that way.

Thank you guys for the welcome. Finally a discussion board where one can post with seriously minded people rather than on those 'comment' blogs attached to new reports where the comments are inane, silly and sometimes downright vicious.

I lived in NYC when this happened and I remember, though I wasn't really plugged into the news, buying the newspaper with the hopes that this child would be found and returned home safe and sound. Weeks went into months, months went into years, years went into decades and here we are.

PH is the most likely suspect to me by virtue of the fact that he worked a few steps from the bus stop and that the NYPD didn't question him thoroughly even though he moved away a few weeks after Etan disappeared.

Maybe the bodega guys did say that PH didn't work that day but he should have been interviewed anyway. Possibly the bodega owner was worried about PH working off the books though one can be assured that a seasoned detective looking for a missing 6 year old would hardly be concerned that a teenager was working at a grocery store off the books.

I was wondering if that deli that the detective is seen going into in that video was the one that PH was working in. The guy at the counter seems pretty nervous when the detective walked in.

As far as PH not being able to do what he allegedly did without someone seeing him, in NYC back then people, for the most part, walked fast and with blinders on and somebody took that little boy even if PH didn't and nobody has come forth to say that they saw anybody else with Etan so why would they see PH doing what he did, if he did it?

Obviously the NYPD were looking for a seasoned child molester and Ramos fit that bill. Yesterday I watched the 2004 interview with Mr. Patz where he talked about Ramos. If it does pan out with PH then I imagine that Mr. Patz will tell Ramos that he was sorry? Imagine?

the photo map above seems to point out that the bus stop was across Prince Street when I think it was been determined that it was a few steps from the bodega. Otherwise PH had to walk across the street to the bus stop to 'lure' Ethan with the promise of a soda.

Of course the fact that Etan's mom gave him a dollar for a soda is too much of a coincidence since PH mentions a soda or maybe he read that she did which would spark the thoughts that he didn't do it and the 'soda' bit was because he read about the dollar for the soda like the rest of us did.

I still go with the theory that the store was not yet open and the boy maybe tried the door only to be lured by PH who was at the basement. We'll soon find out though the last few days have been quiet.

the photo map above seems to point out that the bus stop was across Prince Street when I think it was been determined that it was a few steps from the bodega. Otherwise PH had to walk across the street to the bus stop to 'lure' Ethan with the promise of a soda.

Of course the fact that Etan's mom gave him a dollar for a soda is too much of a coincidence since PH mentions a soda or maybe he read that she did which would spark the thoughts that he didn't do it and the 'soda' bit was because he read about the dollar for the soda like the rest of us did.

I still go with the theory that the store was not yet open and the boy maybe tried the door only to be lured by PH who was at the basement. We'll soon find out though the last few days have been quiet.

BBM

That's a good theory. I wonder what their hours were.

I just can't imagine a bodega not being open well before 8am. If they waited until that late they'd miss the morning commuters as well as the high school kids and the moms taking the younger ones to the bus stop. I know people go to work earlier in the AM now than they did in the 70s but obviously school still started early.

The only way I can see the bodega being closed is if something had gone wrong, like a power outage or a pipe breaking, but that would have meant extra people there scrambling to fix it. But there's no evidence it was anything other than a normal morning at that bodega.

I agree, my idea is probably wrong, though sometimes stores are not open when they're supposed to be.

I thought of that idea since I assumed that the alleged crime took place when PH was alone and since he was the stock boy then the store was closed. Of course we have all gone into a store to have the kid who helps out take our transactions.

Also, even in NYC the sight of a little boy going down to a basement from the street would look very suspicious while him going into the store wouldn't.

So did PH lock the door when he took the poor kid down to the basement. It's haunting to think that that baby's life ended at the hands of his person, especially in such a cold blooded manner.

Also, earlier in the thread many have questioned how he got the box or bag to where he says that he dumped it and he may have done it with a handtruck. Anybody who lives/lived in NYC or any other big city won't bat an eye at a teenaged boy with a handtruck.

If I'm not mistaken Thompson Street runs the same way as Sullivan and Mac Dougal, through the village and then over Houston Street and as it goes down towards Canal it gets a bit more desolate. I think that's it though I may be mixing it up with Thomas Street.

I can only hope that this confession brings some sort of relief to Etan's family, but I still wonder if it is the whole truth...

So the court time is in Oct now. Does anybody get the possible idea that maybe PH had help in disposing the body but he doesn't want to involve the other person? Imagine the backtracking that the NYPD has to do. Hopefully it consists of finding as many people who worked at the bodega and the family that he stayed with in NYC and interviewing the hades out of them.

Has anyone heard anything more about the clothing and matchbox car found among the belongings of Mr. Hernandez? I know that there is lots of speculation on both sides, but I'm wondering if any DNA evidence or information from the parents has come forward.

Since PH has a son and daughter who might have kids, the toy and clothes might belong to them.

Also, I read that between 1979 to the present PH moved an outrageous number of times so backtracking to find evidence may be almost as much, but not quite, as daunting as finding the child's body.

Also, there is a chance that what I speculate is totally wrong and what they have is evidence. Good question though.

I wonder if we will have to wait till Oct. for any updates?

Ok I have a hypothetical scenario. Say a much older relative disclosed that during their childhood they did something that possibly caused harm to another. But walked away before finding outcome - or summoning help. The quasi - confession was made to a small child. The incident occurred decades before the child being told about the incident was even born. Relative relocates sometime after incident. Does not return - even though it is native state. Not for family reunions - family member funerals or ever. Just coincidence or something else ?

Just read that NYPD is outside that eyeglass place ready to do more investigative work on the basement. I don't envy the poor owner of that store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina