Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #2 *P. Hernandez guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What other previous suspects could have done this crime? I have only just joined this thread.

DAY 17 OF DELIBERATIONS 7TH OF MAY 2015

Update part one (Apologies for the delay in posting I've been ill (Lots of hospital appointments)and am going in for my 11th surgery in the next few weeks)

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 11m 11 minutes ago

About an hour left in #deliberations today. If no peep from jury will be back for day EIGHTEEN #EtanPatz #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 7m 7 minutes ago

One attorney in this case said her previous record for longest deliberations: "about a week." #EtanPatz case? Day 17. #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 54m 54 minutes ago

#court back in session. NO NOTES during #lunch #verdictwatch #EtanPatz #17days #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 2h 2 hours ago

"Maybe there's been some movement." -defense lawyer for #pedrohernandez on jury. #EtanPatz #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 2h 2 hours ago

This is the lunch menu jurors have had to choose from for 16 days (day one was afternoon session) http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/civic-deli/menu … #EtanPatz #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 3h 3 hours ago

Jurors have ordered lunch from the usual spot: Civic deli. #EtanPatz #verdictwatch #day17 #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 3h 3 hours ago

All quiet at 111 Centre. #verdictwatch #EtanPatz #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 4h 4 hours ago

heard from #etanpatzjury twice this week. Monday 10:38am - asking for printer. Tuesday 12:20pm - said deadlocked. Nothing since. #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 4h 4 hours ago

One hour in today, and no activity from jury. Attorneys wondering if perhaps they aren't deadlocked anymore. #EtanPatz #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 5h 5 hours ago

Jurors seem upbeat, several smiling as they entered delib room. No hint of anguish or rancor. #EtanPatz #verdictwatch #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 5h 5 hours ago

#DELIBERATIONS have resumed in the #EtanPatz case. Day SEVENTEEN. Longest in recent #NYC history. #nbc4ny

DAY 17 OF DELIBERATIONS 7TH OF MAY 2015

NO VERDICT - DAY 18 TOMORROW 8TH OF MAY 2015

Update part two

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 20m 20 minutes ago

It's official. NO VERDICT on day 17. Jury will be back again tomorrow. #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 20s 21 seconds ago
Light-hearted moment: #judge just gave a @SNICKERS bar to each side - one for the prosecution and one for defense. #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 2m 2 minutes ago
Judge is back on the bench. The usual sign he's about to send jurors home for the night. #EtanPatz #verdictwatch #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 8m 8 minutes ago
first hung note Apr 29, jurors listened 2 two days of readback, deliberated one day and then said hung again. Since? 17 hours delib #nbc4ny

Andrew Siff @andrewsiff4NY · 7m 7 minutes ago
"This is the hardest working jury i think in the history of the state of New York." - attorney Michael Bachner on #EtanPatz case #nbc4ny

Judge Says He Will Declare Mistrial in Etan Patz Murder Case

A judge says he will declare a mistrial in the Etan Patz murder case after the 12-person jury, deliberating for an eighteenth day, sent him a note for the third time saying they could not agree on whether 54-year-old Pedro Hernandez killed the 6-year-old child in 1979.

The jury of five men and women said Friday they were unable to reach a unanimous decision in the SoHo case, which helped galvanize the national missing-children's movement, after re-hearing trial summations last week.

The defense moved for an immediate mistrial, as it did the first two times the jurors said they were deadlocked. This time, Wiley planned to grant the motion.

The Manhattan district attorney's office had no immediate comment on whether it would retry the case against Hernandez.

Any guess as to what the split was? Is this one of those 11 to convict, 1 to acquit situations?

Retrial date for EP case set for next month: June 10th

NY1 Live

Stan Patz:

Extremely frustrating waiting 36 yrs for justice

Up until 2012, he believed Jose Ramos was the suspect, but

met with Cyrus Vance [Manhattan DA] and watched the trial everyday in the courtroom and

believes Pedro H is guilty without a doubt

NY1 Live

Thank you for all so much for your updates my mum collapsed today so apologies I couldn't follow the trial as normal.

I'm not surprised by the result. Etan's family continue to be in my prayers. I'm not sure a re-trial will have a different outcome as this is a very, very difficult case. Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Stan Patz, after watching confessions over & over again, very disturbed

Etan was trusting, very sweet young boy and that's what allowed this to happen--to take him down to the basement

Father said, he did Not want to think about what the motivation was

Stan Patz wants PH to pay for this; confessions were chilling; PH gave it up many times--willingly; his [SP] ordeal is not over

SP: this is not about Jose Ramos

NY1 backtracking now on June 10th retrial date

The date is a Control Date if Pros decides on retrial

Stan Patz: He [Pedro H] was conscience stricken due to his deeds, and has been haunted ever since that day

Stan Patz: I think we have closure now; we [the family] are unanimous, we all came to the same conclusion-Pedro H did it; confident that it will be retried; wants to hear what the split is

Father pointing out some of the media's bias in reporting on PH

Father would ask him to confess, but he's done that so many times now...to police, to his psychiatrists, to family, friends etc

And he knew things that no one else knew: told cops exactly what did within reason

Pedro's story was compelling; he was at the right place at the right now; he was impulsive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper