Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #2 *P. Hernandez guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow Etan will have been missing for 33 years.

I so hope they found some type of evidence in their search or have something else they can use against this person, other than just his statement. No parents should not know what happened to their babies.

I hope this guy doesn't turn out to be some attention-seeking nutcase. He says he cut up the remains. I hope they can verify his story with some physical evidence.

I have very cautious optimism with this latest development. As stated in the articles, LE is questioning him and considering his confession with "a healthy dose of skepticism." However, I SO want there to be answers for Etan's parents. They deserve some truth after all of this time!!

RT @BreakingNews: Suspect in Etan Patz case, in custody, says he strangled boy, put body in box, according to confession to police

RT @BreakingNews: Suspect in Etan Patz case, in custody, says he strangled boy, put body in box, according to confession to police

:waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

This article says something different
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._in_patz_disappearance_eEcUgDAqlekvwMV0B4QMyJ

The man in custody told investigators that he lured the boy with candy, stabbed him, cut up his remains and put them in plastic bags, a law enforcement source told The Post.

Which one is true? I hate it when media starts trying to get the upper hand and tries to get the "scoop" first. They start either making things up or assuming or accepting information that is just plain untrue. :banghead:

If he did do this, I hope he tells them were they can find Etan Patz

I have very cautious optimism with this latest development. As stated in the articles, LE is questioning him and considering his confession with "a healthy dose of skepticism." However, I SO want there to be answers for Etan's parents. They deserve some truth after all of this time!!

BBM: Apparently, so does the FBI

"FBI sources close to the investigation are treating this development with a heavy dose of skepticism. They're not convinced about the veracity and truthfulness of these claims," according to FOX News.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18612470/person-questioned-in-etan-patz-case

Just waking up. This is an unexpected development. Hate to be cynical about the possibility that this is a solution to a case I've followed for so long but - "heavy dose of skepticism" describes my reaction too. But that may only be because I have my suspect(s) - as, I would guess, does every follower of the case as well as NYPD and the FBI.

CAMDEN — The New York Police Department apparently solved the 33-year-old disappearance of young Etan Patz when they arrested a Camden area man who admitted Wednesday to strangling the boy, but gave no reason why, according to a high-ranking law enforcement source.

New York City investigators tracked Pedro Hernandez to Maple Shade in Burlington County, and he confessed to kidnapping and strangling Etan Patz during an interview yesterday, according to the source, who spoke to The Star-Ledger on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case with the media.
---
the rest here:

Etan Patz was strangled to death after being kidnapped, N.J. man confesses (Star-Ledger, nj.com)

Knowing how much attention this arrest would garner...do you think they would have released any information without something to back some part of this guys "confession" ? I just hope that they know some kind of something that the media doesn't, and it isn't just oh ok this guy said he did it, let arrest him and close the case :(

Knowing how much attention this arrest would garner...do you think they would have released any information without something to back some part of this guys "confession" ? I just hope that they know some kind of something that the media doesn't, and it isn't just oh ok this guy said he did it, let arrest him and close the case :(
I don't think they'll do that.

When I first scanned our thread I imagined that this guy was the prime mover in confessing to the crime - and that, therefore, it was more than likely a ploy to gain attention.

It's interesting therefore to note that "New York City investigators tracked Pedro Hernandez to Maple Shade in Burlington County" (link Star-Ledger link in my post above), which definitely sounds like he came on their radar and not they on his.

I'm skeptical, too. What was the motive? That will determine whether I believe the guy.

This is probably old news? But just got it in my CNN alert email so thought I should share just in case:

Investigators in New York have a man in custody who has implicated himself in the 1979 disappearance of 6-year-old Etan Patz, Commissioner Ray Kelly of the New York Police Department said Thursday.

Authorities plan to divulge more details Thursday, Kelly said in a statement.

Patz's disappearance received national attention and helped trigger a national movement that focuses on missing children.

I'm skeptical, too. What was the motive? That will determine whether I believe the guy.
Agreed; but motive right now is the least of what they're trying to establish. LE will have - I hope to God - held back crucial information, stuff that we, even 33 years later (almost to the day; Etan disappeared on 25 May 1979), haven't been privy to. If this person can fill in the blanks, he'll be charged.

What a long time it's been. As I posted earlier, I remember this case almost from the day it began, reading about it in SoHo Weekly News and the Village Voice. I do hope this person is telling the truth. While I have doubts, I'm not going to say "I'm not holding my breath" regarding his possible involvement. I in fact am holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member