Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #2 *P. Hernandez guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they really different? Other than that big black door on the right, even the lady with the umbrella is the same.

Sorry if someone has allready asked or said something about this allready..I havn't heard anything one way or the other but If this guy is to be believed Does that mean It's just case closed as far as etan goes . I cant imagine they would dig through a garbage pit to try and find remains thats been barried for 30 years.. Have the LE said what they plan to do or not do about the remains ?

Earlier reports from the "digging up the Prince Street basement" days say Othneil Miller gave Etan the dollar bill for helping him clean up his work space.

Yeah, thanks, WF, that's why I was confused. I thought the veterans to the case might know the true story.

Here is the link for the version for Julie giving Etan the $1, fwiw.

What I am wondering, is if this version is true, that Julie gave him the $1, then maybe Etan went into the bodega and PH said he could give him a soda for free in the basement. Just a thought.

Hernandez was just 12 years older than his six-year-old victim in 1979 when he allegedly lured him with soda - Etan's mother had given her son a dollar for the treat - and strangled him.

As Hernandez had been taking supplies in and out of the bodega, the door to the basement was open, Kelly said, and he led him down.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ide-watch-going-medication.html#ixzz1vu1sHzq0

Are they really different? Other than that big black door on the right, even the lady with the umbrella is the same.

You are totally right, I don't know what I was looking at, time for another coffee, lol!

A door must be open in the one pic, it's really weird, because the lady with the umbrella is in the same spot in both pics. Photoshopped maybe, I don't know. :blushing:

Snipped

Pedro Hernandez, 51, was taken to Bellevue for treatment for a "pre-existing condition," an NYPD source said. The source said he needed medication.

Snipped

Kelly refused to discuss Hernandez's medical history, but a source said he had told detectives he was bipolar.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...-accused-killer-rushed-hospital#ixzz1vtvYbKNQ

His "pre-existing condition" could have something to do with his claims to his wife/daughter that he is dying from cancer. (Articles I read this morning suggest his wife/daughter were living in an apartment on the back of a house in New Jersey and that his wife "allowed" him to move in after her told her he was dying of cancer.)

So, here is a picture of where the bus stop is.

Would that be the bodega, that has the picture of Etan on it?

I believe this is correct, but, someone please advise if I am looking at this improperly.

Note: The image is courtesy of Patz Imaging.

Left: the site of the bus stop on West Broadway and Prince Street, 1979. Right: the lost-child poster.
(Photo: Patz Imaging)

etanpatz090511_4_560.jpg

http://nymag.com/news/features/56441/index3.html

This is another image of the bus stop, but, it is not transferrable.

http://afteretan.com/location.html

Note that the 2 pictures are very different. You can see the black railings in this picture, not sure if they are the same ones as the current day store front. I believe they are now on the other side of the building, where the mannequins are. Difficult to decipher.

Actually, if you look closely at the lefthand side of the picture, you'll see a Coca Cola logo on a sign. If that's a picture of the bus stop taken from between the Patz' apartment and the bus stop, I believe THAT would be the bodega.

After seeing that great reference picture that the NY Post put out, that I just posted ^^, I can't believe how short the geographical distance is for everything. Isn't that white building on the corner in the picture, a landmark for Soho? I swear I just seen that building on a Soho Tourism site last night.

This is absolutely devastating, that a boy can't walk that short distance without being stolen and murdered.

I actually believe that LE finally has their man.

Prayers to the Patzes.

Rest in Peace, Etan

:(

Amen. I was at the park with my kids this morning and I realize now that they both played about that far from where I sat at some points while we were there. I can't even imagine having my child go missing forever that close to where I was. How awful.

NY1 Live

reporting arraignment will be held at PH's hospital room at Bellevue

will be brought live by video conference

Thanks to everyone who posted photos of both the bodega and the school bus stop.

Last night I asked if the bus stop was across W. Broadway at the exact corner of the bodega. Based on today's photos, especially the ones taken by Etan's father, I have determined that, the answer to my question is NO. The school bus stop was on the near corner, and the bodega was across W. Broadway.

So, did Etan go across W. Broadway to the bodega first to spend his money, with the idea of coming back across the street to the school bus stop? Did Hernandez see him coming and lure him before he could enter the front door of the bodega?

I just feel so sad for Etan parents. Even if it is true, that this guy did what he said he did, I feel that without his remains being return to his parents there is really no true closer for them. It's just so sad!

Sorry if someone has allready asked or said something about this allready..I havn't heard anything one way or the other but If this guy is to be believed Does that mean It's just case closed as far as etan goes . I cant imagine they would dig through a garbage pit to try and find remains thats been barried for 30 years.. Have the LE said what they plan to do or not do about the remains ?

I also wonder this. After this long of a time I would think there isn't much that they can do to find the remains but I could be wrong on this...I hope I am.

I also wonder this. After this long of a time I would think there isn't much that they can do to find the remains but I could be wrong on this...I hope I am.

Unfortunately, if his body ended up in the trash, there's no hope of finding him. Fresh Kills on Staten Island was the primary landfill for NYC for 50 years. When it closed in 2001, it was 2200 acres and 25 meters taller than the Statue of Liberty. And that was before it was reopened temporarily to accommodate the WTC debris. I shudder to think how many missing persons may actually be in Fresh Kills.

Unfortunately, if his body ended up in the trash, there's no hope of finding him. Fresh Kills on Staten Island was the primary landfill for NYC for 50 years. When it closed in 2001, it was 2200 acres and 25 meters taller than the Statue of Liberty. And that was before it was reopened temporarily to accommodate the WTC debris. I shudder to think how many missing persons may actually be in Fresh Kills.

Can you imagine? Probably a lot of mob victims too.

Have the Patzes made any public statements about this? I apologize if someone already posted about that, but I haven't had much time to read the news and haven't had my TV on yet today either.

Since Fresh Kills is closed now its name is something of an oxymoron; but back when it was in full operation that name was eerily accurate, considering the newly dead bodies it must have harbored.

Here is my list of possible scenarios:

1. Pedro Rodriguez was teased by kids while he worked on the store, spotted one of them on the way to school, lured the kid into the basement, killed him, disposed of him.

2. Pedro Rodriguez randomly decided one morning to kill a kid walking past him while he was on the job. Then he dumped the body.

3. Pedro Rodriguez is a pedophile, saw a cute kid and was compelled to molest and kill the child.

4. Pedro Rodriguez decided to make up a story to ease the troubled hearts of someone he didn't know. Perhaps because he has psychological problems.

5. Pedro Rodriguez has cancer, wants to leave his wife and adult daughter with some money. So he made up a story hoping they can make a buck or two selling their story to the book publishers and talk shows.

That is what I thought. That is what makes this even sadder that he will never come home to his parents.

Here is my list of possible scenarios:

1. Pedro Rodriguez was teased by kids while he worked on the store, spotted one of them on the way to school, lured the kid into the basement, killed him, disposed of him.

2. Pedro Rodriguez randomly decided one morning to kill a kid walking past him while he was on the job. Then he dumped the body.

3. Pedro Rodriguez is a pedophile, saw a cute kid and was compelled to molest and kill the child.

4. Pedro Rodriguez decided to make up a story to ease the troubled hearts of someone he didn't know. Perhaps because he has psychological problems.

5. Pedro Rodriguez has cancer, wants to leave his wife and adult daughter with some money. So he made up a story hoping they can make a buck or two selling their story to the book publishers and talk shows.

Who is Pedro Rodriguez?

Since Fresh Kills is closed now its name is something of an oxymoron; but back when it was in full operation that name was eerily accurate, considering the newly dead bodies it must have harbored.

that is sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member