NY – Ex POTUS Donald Trump, sued by E. Jean Carroll, DT found liable re sexual assault, $5M award, countersuit dismissed, appeal rejected, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Magical Thinking ! I love it ! :D They've coined a 'brand' new term for 'The Emperor Who Wears No Clothes', he's magically suspicious ! IMO and JMO.

“Trump’s motion is nothing more than his latest effort to obfuscate the import of the jury’s verdict by engaging in his own particular Trump-branded form of magical thinking,” attorney Roberta Kaplan wrote in a scathing, 27-page legal brief. “Once again, Trump has the nerve to claim public vindication from the jury in this case when, in fact, the jury determined that he penetrated Carroll’s vagina with his fingers without her consent and then defamed her last year.”

Lawyers for Donald Trump asked a judge on Friday to sign off on an agreement with E. Jean Carroll’s attorneys to transfer $5.5 million to a court-controlled account in a step toward satisfying the judgment from the defamation lawsuit.

The agreement is Trump’s first step toward paying Carroll after a jury awarded her $5 million in damages after finding Trump sexually abused and defamed Carroll. Courts often require 111% of an award while a judgment is on appeal.

As part of the agreement, which requires approval from the judge and could be modified, Carroll would not have access to the funds until after all appeals, including potentially to the US Supreme Court, are satisfied.

Trump’s attorneys said they currently have the $5.5 million set aside in a trust account. The judge has not yet ruled on the proposal.

Trump’s attorneys have asked the judge for a new trial and have appealed the judgment.

Lawyers for Donald Trump asked a judge on Friday to sign off on an agreement with E. Jean Carroll’s attorneys to transfer $5.5 million to a court-controlled account in a step toward satisfying the judgment from the defamation lawsuit.

The agreement is Trump’s first step toward paying Carroll after a jury awarded her $5 million in damages after finding Trump sexually abused and defamed Carroll. Courts often require 111% of an award while a judgment is on appeal.

As part of the agreement, which requires approval from the judge and could be modified, Carroll would not have access to the funds until after all appeals, including potentially to the US Supreme Court, are satisfied.

Trump’s attorneys said they currently have the $5.5 million set aside in a trust account. The judge has not yet ruled on the proposal.

Trump’s attorneys have asked the judge for a new trial and have appealed the judgment.
Comment from George Conway...

That letterhead is ridiculous IMO hahaha

What do you mean? I'm looking at the letterhead from the letter submitted by Tacopina Siegel and don't see anything out of order. Should I be looking somewhere else?

What do you mean? I'm looking at the letterhead from the letter submitted by Tacopina Siegel and don't see anything out of order. Should I be looking somewhere else?

The bright green heavy sans serif font looks both cheap and cheerful/frivolous, which is an interesting look for trial lawyers in the legal field and the gravity of court proceedings in general.

It fits the defendant's circus-like atmosphere though, imo.

The bright green heavy sans serif font looks both cheap and cheerful/frivolous, which is an interesting look for trial lawyers in the legal field and the gravity of court proceedings in general.

It fits the defendant's circus-like atmosphere though, imo.

P.S. That font (color, style) would be more appropriate for Four Seasons Landscaping vs. a legal firm.

Jmvho.

She absolutely lied. The same exact story was on an episode of law and order right down to the department store years ago . She is a nut job. Also billionaires don’t shop, they use buyers.

Sorry Lisamarie, jury says you are wrong. Juries base their decision on evidence that has been tried in court.

She absolutely lied. The same exact story was on an episode of law and order right down to the department store years ago . She is a nut job. Also billionaires don’t shop, they use buyers.
Lisamaria ...

You do know that it is actually Law & Order that is famous for getting it's stories out of the headlines and gossip columns right? She was influential in the 90s when he assaulted her and she told friends way back the what had happened. I've no doubt the celebrity columnists heard about it long before the episode was made.

Last edited:

Trump melts down on Truth Social after DOJ says it will no longer shield him in E. Jean Carroll case​

Trump spouted off on Truth Social early Wednesday, bemoaning the DOJ and the judge, asserting that his comments about Carrol were true and claiming the defamation case was another leg of the "political Witch Hunt" against him.

"The DOJ will not defend me in the E. Jean Carroll civil case, which is all part of the political Witch Hunt, lawyered up by a political operative who I just beat in another case, financed by a big political funder, and 'judged' by a Clinton appointee who truly hates 'TRUMP,'" he wrote in the first of three posts. "The statements that I made about Carroll are all true. I didn't Rape her (I won that at trial) and other than for this case, I have NO IDEA WHO SHE IS, WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE, OR ANYTHING ABOUT HER…."
Gosh and golly gee whillikers, it must be soooo weird for him!

To be found guilty of something in a court of law that he never set foot in.

Regarding reprehensible and illegal things he did to someone he has no idea who they are, what they look like, or anything about them.

We must be talking about an episode of Twilight Zone here, cue Rod Serling...

"Just imagine, for a moment, if you will, the strange story of a man who suffered a case of selective amnesia, and in a bizarre twist of fate, was held responsible for things he claims he doesn't remember doing to a person he claims he doesn't know and has never even met....." ;)

IMO

Last edited:
Gosh and golly gee whillikers, it must be soooo weird for him!

To be found guilty of something in a court of law that he never set foot in.

Regarding reprehensible and illegal things he did to someone he has no idea who they are, what they look like, or anything about them.

We must be talking about an episode of Twilight Zone here, cue Rod Serling...

"Just imagine, for a moment, if you will, the strange story of a man who suffered a case of selective amnesia, and in a bizarre twist of fate, was held responsible for things he claims he doesn't remember doing to a person he claims he doesn't know and has never even met....." ;)

IMO
Getting to be the story of his life!

...We must be talking about an episode of Twilight Zone here, cue Rod Serling...

IMO

Trump PAC foots bill for private investigator in Manhattan criminal case, E. Jean Carroll trial​

As Donald Trump's New York legal troubles began to mount this spring, his lawyers and political action committee sought the help of Sean Crowley, a local private eye.

Save America, a PAC founded by the former president, paid $152,285.50 to Crowley's firm in April and May, according to federal campaign filings. He was paid for work related to Trump's Manhattan court cases.

It is unclear what that work entailed.

Crowley, a former New York police captain, declined to discuss his work when contacted by CBS News.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back