GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He took his girlfriend shopping with the victims credit card? :eek: Now that's cold. Those red-soled shoes take on a whole new meaning to me now. Moo.

Because those red soles mean $$$$

Louboutins can sell from $495 and up with pairs costing up to $6,000. The base price for a custom-made pair of Louboutin is $4,000. If the style already exists, it is standard price tag plus 30%.

Christian Louboutin - Wikipedia

<modsnip>

We know very little about Tyrese. We don't really know exactly why he did this, how he felt, what Fahim said to him, etc. I'm not defending him or saying Fahim got what was coming to him - far from it, but IMO Tyrese is not a diabolical serial killer. He was incredibly disorganised and delusional and I think a mental health defense is appropriate. I'd rather he be locked away in treatment for 30 years than in prison for 10 and then released because by then he will be in a gang and have that Rikers education to go on.

I think she may have been the motivator, unknowingly or not. Consider this - Tyrese has built up this persona of being a successful upscale tech ceo PA, he has made high profile friends and now he has a girlfriend. Fahim cut him off, forces him to repay the money, and now Tyrese's reputation and relationships are compromised. He has to continue keeping up appearances for this girl of being rich and successful. He rents the loft, he buys stuff for her - he couldn't keep doing that without access to the credit card.

Meanwhile, Tyrese has virtually no public social media presence, which is bizarre for someone in his position (I'd expect 5000 friends, more or the same instagram connections than Fahim, etc if he was really hustling) - that sounds like someone with bipolar, antisocial or schizophrenia to me - the American Psycho comparison doesn't work because Tyrese has no outward or reported behaviors of a charming sociopath.

Anyway the original point of my post is to watch how much you project onto victims and perps. Research the facts to help form your profile, don't play a movie in your mind.
<modsnip> The police officer referenced American Psycho because dismemberment factored into that film. Don't read any farther into it than that. It's a movie reference, not a psychiatric diagnosis.

<modsnip>

This perp is a person who bought an electric saw and cleaning supplies, went to this person's apartment with a taser and the saw, stabbed the victim, and methodically hacked him apart the next day, then ran when he was about to be interrupted. And this was after being caught by the victim for stealing money. The prosecuting attorney has the tidiest damn case alive for putting this person behind bars for life based on pre-meditated murder charges. There is zero evidence this perp committed a crime while unaware of what they were doing. Accusations that bipolar disorder or schizophrenia would drive this kid to murder and that it could be used as a defense plea just adds further stigma to those who do have those disorders and are leading perfectly functional lives not involving murder.

If you want to say this kid has a mental health concern, it's possible he could have psychopathy (born with it, genetic). But nobody here has enough information to make distinctions. Be careful what language you throw around. Bipolar disorder and schizophrenia are not to blame for a grisly pre-meditated murder motivated by greed and anger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because those red soles mean $$$$

Louboutins can sell from $495 and up with pairs costing up to $6,000. The base price for a custom-made pair of Louboutin is $4,000. If the style already exists, it is standard price tag plus 30%.

Christian Louboutin - Wikipedia
Sorry for saying this, but now those red-bottomed shoes remind me of a person who has walked through a bloody crime scene. imo.

New York Post

Re: the air&B, the shopping of luxury items for the girlfriend....
The girlfriend's birthday was 2 days after the killing...could the need to impress the girlfriend, the need to keep up appearances with her, be part of TH's motivation to do what he did?
You don't know what desperation goes through a killer, especially when they don't have a record of previous violence (as far as we know).
Reminds me of the Casey Anthony debacle where she was partying it up hours after she (in my opinion) murdered poor little Caylee. Some people are genuinely frightening. TH is one of them. imo

TyreseHaspil selling items

tyresehaspil's Feedback | Grailed

Meet the Posher Other | Meet Your Posher Tyrese | Poshmark

Vacation rental last year

Splacer

His "work" website. Warning - some adult content in video (dirty dancing)

Work | Tyrese Haspil

what a weird site. What does an Iggy Azalea music video have to do with his line of work? So confused.

It is possible that his desire to impress this girl made him hate the fact he had to repay that money he had stolen. He could have given the repayment plan a thought at first when he was glad he wasn’t reported to the police. This would explain why he was selling some LV items on Tradesy. He probably started to resent FS if he felt like he deserved that money he had taken.

Regarding the girl, I know we don’t know anything about her. I also don’t want to be too cynical in thinking because she could have been clueless about everything. I just hope LE question her well before ruling out any involvement of hers.

I see lots of talk about those red bottoms- I actually own a pair of Louboutins that I bought in my early 20s because I associated them with success back then ( lol ) and they are the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I own. Everyone knows this about CL shoes but still many girls dream of them simply because they are designer shoes. This girl is young and he might have bragged about his tech job to her. What if this was a new fling he was trying to impress and didn’t want her to see his humble apartment that he rents with a roommate . After all, TH’s place in Brooklyn isn’t that far to merit a 5 day birthday staycation.

TyreseHaspil selling items

tyresehaspil's Feedback | Grailed

Meet the Posher Other | Meet Your Posher Tyrese | Poshmark

Vacation rental last year

Splacer

His "work" website. Warning - some adult content in video (dirty dancing)

Work | Tyrese Haspil

Notice the date and the type of event in the review. Same girl and same birthday or coincidence?

Splacer

The space was wonderful, to say the least! Mona really helped make our event easy and stress-free!
19th July 2019 \ Birthday Gathering \ 25 guests

woah he went all out for this party!! I wonder what those “25 guests” think of him now.

Also, since he paid for the Airbnb and all on FS’s dime, could this mean he knew FS would not be alive by the time this party happened ? How far in advance did he invite the guests ?

The review was for a birthday party in July 2019. The Airbnb was July of this year.....not sure if the birthday last year was for the same girl?

I haven't. I'm hoping they release the elevator video.

Me too. They probably won't release it as it's from the building's virtual security video. The building owners might have a liability in the case. The other condo owners safety could be compromised as to how easy it was for an intruder to gain entry.

Me too. They probably won't release it as it's from the building's virtual security video. The building owners might have a liability in the case. The other condo owners safety could be compromised as to how easy it was for an intruder to gain entry.

I didn't think of that. You are absolutely right.

The first, local news reports on this said cousin. Then it was changed to sister

Early reporting of Fahim’s sister finding him has changed to his cousin finding him.

Article dated 14 July

The NYPD went to the seventh-floor condo after the victim’s sister called 911. She came calling Tuesday because she hadn’t seen her brother in a day, then discovered his dismembered corpse, an NYPD spokesman said.

Detectives took his sister to the 7th Precinct stationhouse Tuesday night, and ushered her away from reporters.

NYC cops find decapitated, limbless man in million-dollar condo; electric saw found next to torso

MOD NOTE -

PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS OR DEBATE SPECIFIC PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS AT THIS TIME. THERE IS NO INDICATION FROM MSM OR LE THAT THE SUSPECT HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ONE. WHILE YOU MAY SPECULATE THAT HE MIGHT SUFFER FROM A MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE IN GENERAL, YOU MAY NOT SUGGEST A SPECIFIC DISORDER. WITHOUT SUBSTANTIATION, THAT WILL ONLY PROMPT DEBATE OF SUCH CONDITIONS, WHICH WILL DERAIL THIS THREAD. THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT THE CRIME, NOT THE SUSPECT’S POTENTIAL DIAGNOSIS. THAT MAY BECOME PART OF THIS STORY AT SOME POINT, BUT NOT AT THIS TIME. UNTIL THEN, DISCUSSION ABOUT BIPOLAR DISORDER, SCHIZOPHRENIA, AND OTHER SPECIFIC CATEGORIES OF THE MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES ARE OFF THE TABLE.

Thank you for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly as members of Websleuths.

CocoChanel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back