Identified! NY - Fishkill, Dutchess Co, WhtFem 20-30, UP8374, dismembered body in travel trunk, Mar'80 Anne L. Papalardo-Blake

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Current list of missing person exclusions for UP8374 per NamUs:
MP5533 Denise Sheehy 07/07/1970 Queens NY
MP8385 Nadine Timm 11/16/1965 Will IL
(link removed from NamUs)

Very interesting case...you all have done some very good work for her! I hope she gets her name back soon!

Ok how about Jacqueline Lerman she disappeared last seen taking the A train. The A train last stop is Inwood which is before Washington Heights.. . It says she was seen in NJ but does not go into it. But then her stepbrother was the one who mentioned the A train. I don’t know but stats seem the same. Just she went missing a year before.

NY - NY - Jacqueline Lerman, 24, Rockaway Beach, 25 March 1979

Jacqueline Lerman

Date of Last Contact:
March 25, 1979
Missing From: Rockaway Beach, Queens County, New York
Missing Age: 24 Years
Nickname/Alias: Jacqueline Sklaroff
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 3" (63 Inches)
Weight: 125 - 130 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Scar/mark: Scar on middle finger

Houndpounder If you want you can send it in. I only post here. Nobody ever got back to me so I stopped sending them in. I only post on here. So anyone who wants to submit my suggestions are more than welcomed.

MadMcGoo where are you! Ha!
Yeah! I’ll send it in for you. :)

What ever became of Jeanne Marie Scrima – The Charley Project ? Anyone know? This seems like someone who they’d have looked into given the location and dates alone, right? :confused:

Yeah! I’ll send it in for you. :)

What ever became of Jeanne Marie Scrima – The Charley Project ? Anyone know? This seems like someone who they’d have looked into given the location and dates alone, right? :confused:
nothing ever happened with Jeanne Scrima, I sent her in a couple years ago, she is not on the rule out list. Perhaps you would like to send that one in again too ! Please. Thank you .

These cases seem like they definitely linked to Richard Nottingham (Torso Killer) right?

He was caught only 2 months after the discovery of Dutchess Doe (trunk remains). Has only been positively convicted of a few murders but claimed victim count is maybe upwards of 100. Nottingham was known to pick up victims in Times Square and drive them out of the city. Seems likely that he was feeling heat from Jersey crimes and simply drove up into the Hudson valley area to dispose of victim remains instead.

I assume that Troopers have made this connection and are ruling out some of the known Missing Persons because Nottingham’s victim pool during his final frenzy seemed to be mostly Times Square sex workers. He knew that if he targeted these vulnerable women, it would be less likely that they’d be reported missing and he could get away with more with less attention.

I assume official investigators ruled these Does not worth their efforts; if they are in fact sex workers from Cottingham’s spree, there was probably never a missing persons report filed for them. Tragically, the likelihood of no report & obviously no discernible possibility of using dental records/ finger prints to ID means these Does are beyond the scope of a government official’s efforts.

(Sorry if this has already been noted somewhere! I may have skimmed some comments on an insomnia-fueled-true-crime-rabbit-hole spree and my reading comprehension is probably not 100% at 4 AM)https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Cottingham

This would explain a bit about the trunk that was owned by June Leaf. About — June Leaf

From Namus. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Body discovered inside a travel trunk described as follows: Green with black trim and blue lining. 21"wide, 37"long, and 14"deep with brass fittings. various stickers on the outside indicate the trunk travelled from NYC to France in 1958 and returned to NYC in 1960. Original ownership has been verified as June Leaf.

In 1958, June Leaf received a Fulbright Grant which allowed her to study in Paris. Upon her return, she relocated to New York City and shortly thereafter, the Allan Frumkin Gallery exhibited her work in both New York and Chicago.

Since 1960, June Leaf has lived and worked in New York City. In 1970, Leaf and her late husband, the photographer and filmmaker Robert Frank (1924-2019) rebuilt a 19th century fisherman’s hut in Mabou, Nova Scotia where Leaf still maintains a second studio and small forge.

What did June mean with she lost track of the trunk.....What did she do with it? IMO you remember that kind of stuff. Travel to Paris, stickers, very important and exiting time in her life. The travel trunk must have been something that is attached to old memories. I would think she knows when she let go of this memories/the trunk.

Last edited:
This would explain a bit about the trunk that was owned by June Leaf. About — June Leaf

From Namus. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Body discovered inside a travel trunk described as follows: Green with black trim and blue lining. 21"wide, 37"long, and 14"deep with brass fittings. various stickers on the outside indicate the trunk travelled from NYC to France in 1958 and returned to NYC in 1960. Original ownership has been verified as June Leaf.

In 1958, June Leaf received a Fulbright Grant which allowed her to study in Paris. Upon her return, she relocated to New York City and shortly thereafter, the Allan Frumkin Gallery exhibited her work in both New York and Chicago.

Since 1960, June Leaf has lived and worked in New York City. In 1970, Leaf and her late husband, the photographer and filmmaker Robert Frank (1924-2019) rebuilt a 19th century fisherman’s hut in Mabou, Nova Scotia where Leaf still maintains a second studio and small forge.

What did June mean with she lost track of the trunk.....What did she do with it? IMO you remember that kind of stuff. Travel to Paris, stickers, very important and exiting time in her life. The travel trunk must have been something that is attached to old memories. I would think she knows when she let go of this memories/the trunk.
Yeah I kind of find that odd. I mean she could of could moved and left it behind someplace. She could of lent it to a friend and never got it back. She could of plain old threw it out and ended up on the street to The curb with the trash. I don’t get this I lost track of it sounds a bit vague.

Dutchess Doe's NamUs page has been updated at least twice in a couple of days, but I can't see what's been updated.
Still two visible exclusions.

I came across a little more information on this jane doe..

According to the link above someone is speculating the Head found in the Botanical Gardens in the Cement bucket could be associated with this headless and handless body...I find it a bit interesting I wonder if LE has tried to match them also?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/574138652468915616/View attachment 125493
Also, fyi: Botanical Gardens Jane Doe has been identified.

ETA: I was certain BGJD had a WS thread, but I can't find it. Here's her DoeNetwork page, though:
769UFNY

Last edited:
Dutchess Doe's NamUs page has been updated at least twice in a couple of days, but I can't see what's been updated.
Still two visible exclusions.

Also, fyi: Botanical Gardens Jane Doe has been identified.

ETA: I was certain BGJD had a WS thread, but I can't find it. Here's her DoeNetwork page, though:
769UFNY

Omg BGJD has been identified? Omg . I swear this lady has a thread ion here some place. Oh I have so many questions?!

My sympathies to the loved ones of Anne L. Papalardo-Blake

1663960142506.png

I just wanted to point out that the quoted post in this post references a different Jane Doe called Botanical Gardens Jane Doe from 2008, who was identified in 2021 (name withheld), and not Dutchess Doe, now identified as Anne L. Papalardo-Blake.

My sympathies to the loved ones of Anne L. Papalardo-Blake

View attachment 368217

I just wanted to point out that the quoted post in this post references a different Jane Doe called Botanical Gardens Jane Doe from 2008, who was identified in 2021 (name withheld), and not Dutchess Doe, now identified as Anne L. Papalardo-Blake.
Apologies for the confusion!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back