NY - Five men gang rape 18 yo woman in Brooklyn playground, January 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My point is to draw attention to the MANY inconsistencies in this story!

Oh and she wasn't just adopted at 2, he lost custody of her.

There are inconsistencies in every story (especially such a complex one). And victims don't have to be perfect as far as I can tell. Although it seems like many people expect them to be.

http://pix11.com/2016/01/12/fifth-teen-arrested-in-brooklyn-park-gang-rape-nypd/

Fifth teen arrested in Brooklyn park gang rape: NYPD

http://abc7ny.com/news/fifth-suspec...pe-of-teen-in-brownsville-playground/1155650/
Updated 6 mins ago
BROWNSVILLE, Brooklyn (WABC) --
A fifth suspect is now in custody in the gang rape of an 18-year-old woman in a Brooklyn playground.

The 17-year-old was taken into custody Tuesday morning. He is being questioned and no charges were immediately filed.

Four other teenagers were arrested and charged as adults in the case early Tuesday morning.

The NYPD has identified the suspects as Denzel Murray, 14, Shaquell Cooper and Ethan Phillips, both 15, and Onandi Brown, 17.

All are charged with rape, forcible compulsion, criminal sex act, and sexual abuse.
rbbm

Re the shocker in the first sentence - which I'm not repeating here unless it gets confirmed - I don't know why but I'm not surprised. Sickened but not surprised.

My mind was kind of going there as soon as I read the earlier reports of beer-drinking.

ugg, unnamed police source and ugly allegations supposedly made by the perps. Think I will follow the lead of the police commish and watch to see what develops. In my mind, perps lie. It's what they do.

Re the shocker in the first sentence - which I'm not repeating here unless it gets confirmed - I don't know why but I'm not surprised. Sickened but not surprised.

And just when I thought it couldn't get more disgusting, it does. Yuck..

I'm very happy that the men in that community want to take charge and stop this kind of crap. There may be hope for the US after all, despite our PsTB.

ugg, unnamed police source and ugly allegations supposedly made by the perps. Think I will follow the lead of the police commish and watch to see what develops. In my mind, perps lie. It's what they do.
I agree, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them recorded the attack on a cellphone. Jmo

ciao

I agree, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them recorded the attack on a cellphone. Jmo

ciao

Wouldn't surprise me either. Police should definitely look at their cell phones and social media.

I have a feeling the "significant assault" may have taken place before those boys were ever there.

Video Is Said to Show Moments Before a Suspected Gang Rape in Brooklyn

A smartphone video that its owner and defense lawyers said showed a brief verbal encounter before a suspected gang rape at a Brooklyn playground emerged on Tuesday, another development in an increasingly complex inquiry that has roiled the city.

Detectives, meanwhile, were investigating claims that the woman was having sex with her father when the five suspects encountered them at Osborn Playground around 9 p.m. on Thursday.

Regardless, the authorities said, it had no bearing on their view of her as a victim. It “does not mean she was not a victim of a pretty horrific attack,” a law enforcement official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss a continuing investigation, said. “What appeared to have happened is that the father may have put her in that compromised position.”

Shaquell Cooper’s bail was set at $50,000, Mr. Brown’s at $25,000, and Ethan Phillip’s and Mr. Murray’s at $10,000 each.

An assistant district attorney, Lisa Nugent, had requested bail of $500,000 for each of the defendants based on “the very serious nature of these charges.”

The smartphone video that emerged on Tuesday was brief and cryptic and showed only the woman, who could only be heard mumbling at times. Whether it might help the defense or the prosecution was unclear.

Billy Sullivan, 24, said the video, less than 30 seconds long, was recorded Thursday at Osborn Playground by his younger brother, Ethan Phillip, 15, one of the five suspects. He said it portrays a fresh snippet of dialogue that would help the argument that any sex was consensual.

This thing has so many twists and turns, it’s ridiculous, but at the end of the day we just want to make sure we do right and make sure those who committed this crime go to jail,” said Herbert.

Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said he believes the victim’s story is credible, WCBS 880’s Ginny Kosola reported.

“Everything she said seemed credible and the father’s narrative was exactly the same,” Boyce said.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/01/12/brooklyn-rape-teens-charged/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111
Back