NY - Former President Donald Trump charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Former President Trump’s lawyer on Sunday contradicted Trump’s assertion that the judge who presided over his hush money indictment was acting out of personal bias.

Trump blasted New York Supreme Court justice Juan Merchan in a Friday post on Truth Social.

“The Judge ‘assigned’ to my Witch Hunt Case, a ‘Case’ that has NEVER BEEN CHARGED BEFORE, HATES ME,” Trump wrote.

During an appearance on ABC News’s “This Week,” Trump’s attorney Joe Tacopina told George Stephanopoulos he doesn’t agree with the former president’s claims.

“No, I don’t believe the judge is biased,” Tacopina said.

When Stephanopoulos questioned why Trump made public statements to the contrary, Tacopina doubled down.

“Do I think the judge is biased? Of course not,” he said. “How could I subscribe to that when I’ve had no interactions with this judge that would lead me to believe he’s biased?”

His client is “entitled to his own opinion,” he added. “I’m not his PR person. I’m not his spokesperson.”

According to a new Rolling Stone report, some of Donald Trump’s lawyers have raised concerns about Joe Tacopina, the attorney co-leading the former president’s defense in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office case

Trump was indicted last week by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg over his role in a 2016 payment to Stormy Daniels in exchange for the *advertiser censored* star’s silence on an alleged affair. In the lead-up to the indictment, Trump indicated he was aware charges were looming, and Tacopina made a spate of sometimes contentious media appearances to discuss the case.

Citing a source familiar with the matter and another person close to Trump, Rolling Stone reported that Trump’s other current lawyers had privately described Tacopina as “dumb” and a “loudmouth.” Trump’s attorneys and advisers have warned the former president to be wary of Tacopina and that he can’t trust his loyalty, the sources said. Another source familiar with the matter called him “such a frickin’ idiot,” Rolling Stone reported.

According to a new Rolling Stone report, some of Donald Trump’s lawyers have raised concerns about Joe Tacopina, the attorney co-leading the former president’s defense in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office case

Trump was indicted last week by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg over his role in a 2016 payment to Stormy Daniels in exchange for the *advertiser censored* star’s silence on an alleged affair. In the lead-up to the indictment, Trump indicated he was aware charges were looming, and Tacopina made a spate of sometimes contentious media appearances to discuss the case.

Citing a source familiar with the matter and another person close to Trump, Rolling Stone reported that Trump’s other current lawyers had privately described Tacopina as “dumb” and a “loudmouth.” Trump’s attorneys and advisers have warned the former president to be wary of Tacopina and that he can’t trust his loyalty, the sources said. Another source familiar with the matter called him “such a frickin’ idiot,” Rolling Stone reported.
If Trump is convicted, I think he'll appeal based on "ineffective counsel."

Rand Paul is the latest Republican to accuse Bragg of leading a politically motivated investigation into the 76-year-old former president.

Paul is entitled to his opinion. I don't know why they are expressing their opinions at all. Trump's criminal charges have nothing to do with his politics or party.

I think you might be right. The news is covering the massive security LE is planning in NYC for Tuesday. Incredible.
Why is it so incredible?
IMO, the reaction for most any other former president would almost certainly be the same.
I mean, this WILL be a massive security issue.
High profile, highly charged public opinion (on both sides, no mistake).

Media organizations seek unsealing of Trump indictment and ask to broadcast Tuesday proceedings

The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal are among the outlets making the request.

"And no higher values are served by keeping the indictment under seal. Aside from the fact that a former U.S. president is not a flight risk, maintaining the indictment under seal, despite the public disclosure of its existence, only fuels speculation as to its contents. Full disclosure of the indictment will enhance both the general public's and the parties' right to an accurate public understanding of the charges," the request said. "As such, former President Trump's indictment should be unsealed without delay."

If the judge does not grant the media outlets' unsealing request, it is expected that the indictment will be made public when Trump appears in court Tuesday.

The news organizations are asking for a "limited number of photographers, videographers, and radio journalists to be present at the arraignment”

Why is it so incredible?
IMO, the reaction for most any other former president would almost certainly be the same.

I don’t think security would be an issue with any previous president in my long lifetime. Not only has there been no reason to indict any other President except Nixon, but I can’t imagine that any other former president (even Nixon) would call for demonstrations at his arraignment and use incendiary language about the DA. So yes, this situation highly unusual.
JMO

Last edited:

Former President Trump’s lawyer on Sunday contradicted Trump’s assertion that the judge who presided over his hush money indictment was acting out of personal bias.

Trump blasted New York Supreme Court justice Juan Merchan in a Friday post on Truth Social.

“The Judge ‘assigned’ to my Witch Hunt Case, a ‘Case’ that has NEVER BEEN CHARGED BEFORE, HATES ME,” Trump wrote.

During an appearance on ABC News’s “This Week,” Trump’s attorney Joe Tacopina told George Stephanopoulos he doesn’t agree with the former president’s claims.

“No, I don’t believe the judge is biased,” Tacopina said.

When Stephanopoulos questioned why Trump made public statements to the contrary, Tacopina doubled down.

“Do I think the judge is biased? Of course not,” he said. “How could I subscribe to that when I’ve had no interactions with this judge that would lead me to believe he’s biased?”

His client is “entitled to his own opinion,” he added. “I’m not his PR person. I’m not his spokesperson.”
I've said this here before and I'll say it again. We need an eyeroll reaction.

He "HATES ME!" :rolleyes: Sounds like a 2-year-old. SMH

Last edited:
Why is it so incredible?
Threats of violence already happening.

New York City has been on edge since the ex-president announced last month that he expected to be indicted, with local authorities receiving unfounded bomb threats and a pro-Trump woman arrested for flashing a knife at passersby outside Manhattan courts.

Meanwhile, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg has been bombarded with racist emails and death threats, the Daily News reported.

I don’t think security would be an issue with any previous president in my long lifetime. I can’t imagine that any other former president would call for demonstrations at his arraignment and use incendiary language about the DA. So yes, this situation highly unusual.
JMO
If he felt he was being unfairly centered out?
I'm not saying Trump is actually being unfairly targetted ( he may be, I have no idea, I don't trust any of them, they're all corrupt), but if any high profile politician with significant support felt they were being treated as such, I do suspect they'd do the same exact thing.

This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

jmo

Why is it so incredible?
I respectfully disagree, this is different because of the call by the defendant to protest.
In hundreds of years of elections we never had a riot in the Capital, or anywhere else, by supporters of the candidate who lost.

Threats of violence already happening.

New York City has been on edge since the ex-president announced last month that he expected to be indicted, with local authorities receiving unfounded bomb threats and a pro-Trump woman arrested for flashing a knife at passersby outside Manhattan courts.

Meanwhile, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg has been bombarded with racist emails and death threats, the Daily News reported.

Yes, exactly as many suspected.
Some anger filled things will come from his supporters who truly loathe the other side.
Others will come from bad actors who do this crap to stir the pot.

Again, this doesn't come as any surprise. Politics is a seriously ugly business these days. On all sides.

If he felt he was being unfairly centered out?
I'm not saying Trump is actually being unfairly targetted ( he may be, I have no idea, I don't trust any of them, they're all corrupt), but if any high profile politician with significant support felt they were being treated as such, I do suspect they'd do the same exact thing.

This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

jmo

Just to clarify, I didn’t say or imply I’m surprised. Trump is being Trump. But in the past there was respect for the legal process by ones who had sworn to uphold the constitution, and there was dignified decorum. Trump has turned all that on its ear, to the delight of his supporters, so this is an incredible departure from the norms we are used to.
JMO

I respectfully disagree, this is different because of the call by the defendant to protest.
In hundreds of years of elections we never had a riot in the Capital, or anywhere else, by supporters of the candidate who lost.
Sadly I have to agree. In hundreds of years American society has never been where it is now.
Things are vastly different than they were in decades past.

Just to clarify, I didn’t say or imply I’m surprised. Trump is being Trump. But in the past there was respect for the legal process by ones who had sworn to uphold the constitution, and there was dignified decorum. Trump has turned all that on its ear, to the delight of his supporters, so this is an incredible departure from the norms we are used to.
JMO
I honestly don't even think most of this has anything to do with Trump, per se.
He may be a sort of catalyst or the match held to the flame but, I think A LOT of this is the result of the last 3 years.

Folks are angry, and it's all spilling out in really awful ways. He seems to know which buttons to push to keep it going.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member