VERDICT WATCH NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria Bekiempis

@vicbekiempis

Good morning. Testimony resumes in #GhislaineMaxwell's Manhattan federal court trial. Prosecution said they expect to rest today or early tomorrow. Here is what we heard yesterday from Shawn, ex boyfriend of 3rd accuser who testified. Story via

https://mobile.twitter.com/vicbekiempis/status/1468913130961092616
Shawn's testimony backed much of what Carolyn said about #GhislaineMaxwell and #JeffreyEpstein-how she met them, how she'd routinely go to his house and leave with money, etc. He also said her educational and intellectual level at the time were childlike. Why is that is impt?

https://mobile.twitter.com/vicbekiempis/status/1468913681413115912
Prosecutors have alleged that #GhislaineMaxwell preyed on vulnerable girls. Not only was Carolyn from an unstable household, and had a history of abuse. By describing her intellect as childlike really speaks to claims of manipulation, how she was lured via trickery, etc.

Benjamin Weiser
@BenWeiserNYT

Annie Farmer, the next accuser to testify in the Ghislaine Maxwell trial, will appear under her true name, a lawyer tells the judge

First witness of the day: Tracy Chapell, a senior paralegal at FedEx.

@MartaDhanis
AUSA Comey just asked for a discussion in the robing room. Judge Nathan asks if this is an extended discussion.. Jury is sent away and lawyers and judge now leave to robing room.

@KlasfeldReports

The witness is now being cross examined, and Maxwell's lawyer highlights one listing the name "S. Kellen," part of a clear defense strategy to distance their client and draw Kellen closer.

Note: Often, these establishing pieces of evidence pass by with little notice—before the prosecutors and defense attorneys put the pieces together in summations.
https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1468962669428314116
Prosecutors want the parties to confer with the judge in the robing room. Instead, Judge Nathan sends the jury out for a brief break.

Now, both are happening. The jury has been sent out, and the parties confer with the judge in the robing room.
https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1468965247461429250
Side note: The Ghislaine Maxwell trial has been getting wall-to-wall coverage from news organizations globally, and no one who actually has been here covering the case on the ground can honestly claim otherwise.

Last edited:
@vicbekiempis

so, things just got a lil interesting. #GhislaineMaxwell trial just ended for the day. Per judge: "I’ve been informed there’s an attorney in the case who’s ill and that attorney has to get care." "We have no reason to believe it’s COVID related..."

@kbriquelet
Shocker: the Ghislaine Maxwell trial wrapped up early because an attorney is sick. The only person to testify was a FedEx paralegal on Epstein's shipping invoices, which showed packages sent to the victim named Carolyn.

Fun fact: Before court broke for the day, the FedEx employee testified of Ghislaine Maxwell's shipping invoices. One person Maxwell sent a package to was... billionaire Ron Burkle

Last edited:

Anyone know if court in session tomorrow (Friday)? TIA :)

It appears so:

BBC Dec 9

Judge Nathan expressed confidence that court proceedings would resume in New York on Friday morning.

She added there was no reason to believe the prosecutor's illness was Covid-related.

When the trial resumes, Annie Farmer - the fourth and only named accuser to take the stand - is expected to testify about abuse she suffered at the hands of Epstein at age 16, and Ms Maxwell's alleged role in involving her with the paedophile.

@MartaDhanis
After an abrupt interruption yesterday as “an attorney in this case” fell ill, testimony is expected to resume today per the court and the latest SDNY guidance that we just received this morning.

@kbriquelet

New exhibits in the Maxwell case include FedEx invoices, which appear to support Carolyn’s claims that Epstein sent packages to her home. (She said this included Victoria’s Secret lingerie.) "S. Kellen" arranged this delivery.

FGP1YO0XoAIYayN
Speaking of Victoria’s Secret... Someone affiliated with Epstein's office sent packages to ex Limited Brands chairman Les Wexner and his wife Abigail:
FGP1Y2DX0AINz6p

The records indicate another person affiliated with Epstein's office sent a package to the daughter of his longtime buddy & lawyer Alan Dershowitz.

Here's the entry for the package Ghislaine Maxwell allegedly sent to Ron Burkle, whose name is misspelled.

Bill Clinton took TWO MORE trips with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell | Daily Mail Online

Attachments

• 3767E714-1A27-43E2-B397-CF4AF9ACB9FC.jpeg
    3767E714-1A27-43E2-B397-CF4AF9ACB9FC.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Direct examination of Annie Farmer. It's unformatted so could be easier to read from the link.

AUSA: "The government calls Annie Farmer."

Judge Nathan: "Annie Farmer may come forward."
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
1h
The witness states and spells her name.

The judge gives a limiting instruction to the jury, saying that her allegations about "physical contact" between Ghislaine Maxwell and Jeffrey Epstein in New Mexico were not illegal.

She was 16 at the time there.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
1h
Prosecutor: “Can you see anyone in this courtroom who has ever given you a massage?”

Farmer identifies Maxwell in the courtroom.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
1h
Asked about her career, Farmer replies.

Describing her family's financial situation growing up, she says: "Money was tight. It had often been a stressor since my parents were divorced."
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
1h
She describes her siblings, including Maria Farmer.

Their profile in the New York Times: "The Sisters Who First Tried to Take Down Jeffrey Epstein."
nytimes.com
The Sisters Who First Tried to Take Down Jeffrey Epstein (Published 2019)
Nine years before any police investigation, Maria and Annie Farmer reported the troubling behavior of Jeffrey Epstein and his companion, Ghislaine Maxwell. No one would act.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
1h
Annie Farmer says Jeffrey Epstein purchased a ticket for her to go to New York.

She says that she was excited to see her sister, and as she moves onto Epstein, defense makes a hearsay objection.

Sustained.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
1h
Annie Farmer says she met Epstein in New York but not Maxwell.

(Note: Corrected a typo.)
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
1h
The government introduces a photograph of herself from around the time she met Jeffrey Epstein.

She says she was 16 years old in the photograph.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
1h
Q: Where did you meet Epstein?
A: At his home.

"It was a very grand home. I was staying with my sister in her apartment."
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
1h
Flashback to Ghislaine Maxwell's bail hearing in July 2020:
Quote Tweet
nina pullano
@NinaPullano
· 1h
Annie Farmer is on the stand. At a 2020 bail hearing, she called Maxwell a “sexual predator.”

“She has never showed any remorse for her heinous crimes or the devastating, lasting affects her actions caused.”
>Story via @jruss_jruss & @KlasfeldReports
https://courthousenews.com/ghislaine-maxwell-denied-bail-on-sex-trafficking-charges/
Show this thread

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
34m
They saw the movie "Primal Fear," she says.

"He right away tried to hold my hand and caress and hold my foot and my arm," Annie Farmer says, referring to Epstein.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
31m
Annie Farmer says Ghislaine Maxwell "sat and held one of [Epstein's] feet" and instructed her to massage the other.

"I just watched what she was doing and she instructed me."

"And so I did what she told me."
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
31m
"I felt very uncomfortable," Annie Farmer says of the massage. "I wanted to stop, and I was hoping it’d be over quickly."
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
30m
Q: Did Maxwell give you a massage?
A: Yes, she did.

Annie Farmer says she set up a table in the room where she was staying.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
29m
Q: What were you wearing during the massage?
A: Nothing.

Asked why, she responds: "She told me to get undressed."

Asked to clarify who, Farmer says Maxwell.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
28m
Q: What happened once you were laying on your back?

Annie Farmer says Maxwell "pulled the sheet down," "exposed her breasts," and touched her breasts.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
28m
Annie Farmer recalled having a "sense" that Epstein might be able to see her during the massage.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
25m
She recalled Epstein coming into the room and saying that he wanted to cuddle.

Q: Did you want to cuddle with Epstein?
A: No.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
24m
Annie Farmer describes moving home to Phoenix.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
23m
Asked if she wrote in her journal about her trip to New Mexico, Annie Farmer says no.

She says she didn't want to think about it.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
22m
Asked why she kept the boots, Annie Farmer says at first she shoved them in the back of her closet.

Agents then asked if she had them, she says.

Then, she says she found them and she wore the boots.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
14m
Asked what she told her mother after the trip, Annie Farmer said: "I told my mom I was not raped and I didn't want to talk about it."

Late summer of 1996.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
11m
Q: Did you tell the FBI that Maxwell had given you a massage?
A: Yes.

Asked why Annie Farmer said she wanted to "reclaim" the boots by wearing them again, she says: "It was a dark memory and I had felt so taken advantage of by them both."
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
9m
Annie Farmer said she struggled to step forward because it was a "shameful" memory but she found that she wanted "accountability" and "these people being stopped."
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
Asked if she has any financial stake in the outcome of this trial, the witness replies: "I do not."

Cross examination will begin.

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1469318262777331724

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members