VERDICT WATCH NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so dirty after listening to all of this.
If only to be a fly on the wall with the jurors.
It's difficult for me to imagine that GM could walk away from this.
We are at a disadvantage not hearing about the tenor in the courtroom, any gauging of the juries demeanor, reactions to certain testimony.
By all accounts GM has been quite arrogant along with her family members, seemingly confident for a verdict of not guilty.
From what I have garnered she has a power house of seasoned attorneys and the prosecutors are young and inexperienced and out of their league.
Hard to know how this will play out.
What are y'all thinking?
MOO.

PS for the person that asked about seeing anything on the news, it was actually on my LOCAL news tonight, FWIW.

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

Out of court after proceedings adjourn.

The government rests.

The defense’s motion for a judgment of acquittal on all counts is DENIED.

Defense case begins next week on Thursday.
Just curious as to why the defense doesn't start presenting their case until next Thurs? It seems rather inconsiderate of the jury who have put their lives on hold to serve on this jury.

If GM was pregnant at one time, but not known to have ever had a child, then perhaps she miscarried. If this happened, then it could have been due to some condition which she had, or to her age. This might tie in with their request to VG to have a child for them.

I think Ghislaine will walk. Not enough testimony against her versus Epstein. Shame the big witnesses did not testify. They will know their reasons.
She may well walk, although I do hope not. However if she does, she will still be punished - her "good name", such as it was, is gone for ever; she will almost certainly have no friends; even though some of her family appear to support her, they are not young, and she will eventually be very alone; her husband (if indeed that is what he is) once said that this GM is not the GM he knew, and will quite probably dump her. But I still find it hard to feel any sympathy for her.

Just curious as to why the defense doesn't start presenting their case until next Thurs? It seems rather inconsiderate of the jury who have put their lives on hold to serve on this jury.
I questioned the same @LaborDayRN . When the prosecution stated earlier this week that their case was ending earlier, the defense (paraphrasing) said something like getting witnesses there earlier was not an easy task and didn’t seem happy. Now the narrative is that the defense case is postponed to Thursday due to a conflict in the judge’s scheduling… which doesn’t make sense since this trial was slated for 5-6 weeks.

Prosecution Saved Strongest Testimony for Last in Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

The prosecution has rested in the sex-trafficking case against Ghislaine Maxwell, accused of procuring underage girls for sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. The state’s last witnesses on Friday were Annie Farmer — the only victim to testify using her full name — followed by her high school boyfriend, and ending with her mother. The defense will present its case starting on Thursday, Dec. 16, following a break due to the judge’s scheduling conflicts. Attorneys estimated it will take two to four days.

More at link…good article and worth a read

She may well walk, although I do hope not. However if she does, she will still be punished - her "good name", such as it was, is gone for ever; she will almost certainly have no friends; even though some of her family appear to support her, they are not young, and she will eventually be very alone; her husband (if indeed that is what he is) once said that this GM is not the GM he knew, and will quite probably dump her. But I still find it hard to feel any sympathy for her.
Speaking of her husband…was it ever mentioned that he was in court during her trial?

I can't imagine being 14 or 16 and having met these enormously rich people who want to fly me around in private planes, meeting very famous people (men!) in exotic locations, massive mansions, big parties.

These women seem to have been chosen because they were seemingly without family or friends to tell them this was not acceptable and prohibit them from leaving home.

It's so incredibly premeditated, predatory, and ruthless. Each story gets repeated with one girl after another.

I believe she will be found guilty. I do sincerely hope she gets a 20+ year prison term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot