GUILTY NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fasten your seatbelts folks.
I predict this case is about to get crazier than it already is.
Let us remember that the Perp in question holds lots and lots of very sensitive information about some powerful men.

Let's see what happens from here.....

Amateur opinion and speculation

I think now the REAL negotiations begin.

I believe GM knew she was going to lose this case, so her real effort is going to be negotiating information on other perps for a reduction in sentence. I think she has been thinking about this all along and we should expect to see other people involved.

@MarlonEttinger

The thing I'm happiest about is that the jury believed Carolyn. She was count 6, and represents the longest possible jail sentence for Maxwell. Every victim suffered a lot, but a lot of them managed to succeed and thrive despite that. Carolyn was really beat up by life though.

Her cross examination was brutal. She was in tears by the end of it and left the room crying.

Carolyn was really hurting, and the defense went really hard to discredit her, because her testimony was so damning. She dropped out of school in 7th grade, she struggled with drug addiction, she struggled with schizophrenia.

It was devastating hearing that an active fear from her schizophrenic delusion was her children would be taken from her and trafficked themselves. I heard the fear in her voice when she talked about this fear on prompting from the defense. Carolyn was put through the wringer.

I was terrified they wouldn't when they asked for 5 testimonies, including from memory "expert" Elizabeth Loftus earlier in the day. The idea a jury wouldn't believe her, would dispose of her, a poor girl from West Palm Beach, once again, hurt. But the jury believed her.

IN MY OPINION this is ripe for appeal. And we haven't even seen the sentencing yet. I'm afraid no one should get their expectations up. This will I expect continue to drag on for a long time, and in the end...

IN MY OPINION this is ripe for appeal. And we haven't even seen the sentencing yet. I'm afraid no one should get their expectations up. This will I expect continue to drag on for a long time, and in the end...

I hope you are wrong, although I read in the Daily Mail that her family says they intend to appeal. Ms Maxwell needs to find grounds for an appeal, and stay inside until it's heard. Just because they don't like the situation, it doesn't mean they can change it.

I hope you are wrong, although I read in the Daily Mail that her family says they intend to appeal. Ms Maxwell needs to find grounds for an appeal, and stay inside until it's heard. Just because they don't like the situation, it doesn't mean they can change it.

My prediction has always been and remains;

And this is MY OWN OPINION;

that should this first line of defence - denial - fail,
her appeal strategy will be to suddenly admit all these things happened but that she is also a victim of Epstein.

Okay so this might be sort of random but...

I've seen speculation that GM might be found dead in prison by "suicide" just like JE was. (Full disclosure: I never believed JE killed himself. But that's off topic.)

From what I've seen, I have to believe GM is shrewd enough to have set up a kill switch.

In other words, if she's found dead in her cell, a packet of incriminating evidence will be sent out instantly to all major news outlets and syndicates.

My prediction has always been and remains;

And this is MY OWN OPINION;

that should this first line of defence - denial - fail,
her appeal strategy will be to suddenly admit all these things happened but that she is also a victim of Epstein.
Allegedly being a victim herself is something she would have needed to raise at trial. She can't raise a new factual defense on appeal.

Allegedly being a victim herself is something she would have needed to raise at trial. She can't raise a new factual defense on appeal.

Ok, please correct me if am wrong;

HYPOTHETICALLY...

Could she appeal on the grounds that she had bad advice from council to not raise it at trial?

What about on the grounds that not all evidence was introduced at trial?

I did some research on sentence reduction for cooperating with the government. From what I see there are two avenues: one is before sentencing (Rule 5k1.1 of the Sentencing Guidelines) and one is after sentencing (Rule 35(b) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure). Both avenues require the government to file a motion with the court.

Apparently a 5k motion usually occurs in the context of a plea agreement, but a guilty plea is not mandatory. In a 5k motion the government asks the court to depart downward from the sentencing guidelines based on substantial assistance by the defendant in investigating or prosecuting a crime. A Rule 35 motion allows the government to make a motion to reduce a sentence after a sentence has been imposed based on the convicting person providing substantial assistance to the government. Rule 35. Correcting or Reducing a Sentence. Here again, a guilty plea is apparently not a requirement.

Fell free to correct if you think this is wrong. JMO.

Why don't you think she will survive long enough to name names? What will happen? What insurance policies will protect her? Serious questions. I am interested after following this sex cult for years and years.

I think she will survive perfectly well if she keeps her mouth shut and doesn't attempt to name names in exchange for a lighter sentence.
By insurance I mean if it was me,I would make it known that there were transcripts in multiple safe places with trusted people that would be released straight to the media and L.E in the event of my untimely death. I would have it stated publicly that I was in no way suicidal and that I had undergone a medical and was not suffering from any conditions detrimental to my health.
Maxwell and Epstein had friends in very high places with very low reach and I think we all know they could get to her in a flash should they believe she will talk. All just MOO

Ok, please correct me if am wrong;

HYPOTHETICALLY...

Could she appeal on the grounds that she had bad advice from council to not raise it at trial?

What about on the grounds that not all evidence was introduced at trial?
Ineffective assistance of counsel can be the basis for an appeal, but it's a really tough row to hoe and apparently she had well respected counsel representing her. I believe that in order to successfully appeal on the evidence point she would need to show that she tried to introduce it at trial but that it was improperly disallowed and that it would have made a difference in the outcome. JMO.

Last edited:
Damn this is such such a great group....smartest folks I know are on WS. I have been reading these comments and reveling ! I think GM may have a "kill switch" also but she has a lot of info to barter. Prince Randy Andy isn't the only big name in the books.

@MarlonEttinger

The thing I'm happiest about is that the jury believed Carolyn. She was count 6, and represents the longest possible jail sentence for Maxwell. Every victim suffered a lot, but a lot of them managed to succeed and thrive despite that. Carolyn was really beat up by life though.

Her cross examination was brutal. She was in tears by the end of it and left the room crying.

Carolyn was really hurting, and the defense went really hard to discredit her, because her testimony was so damning. She dropped out of school in 7th grade, she struggled with drug addiction, she struggled with schizophrenia.

It was devastating hearing that an active fear from her schizophrenic delusion was her children would be taken from her and trafficked themselves. I heard the fear in her voice when she talked about this fear on prompting from the defense. Carolyn was put through the wringer.

I was terrified they wouldn't when they asked for 5 testimonies, including from memory "expert" Elizabeth Loftus earlier in the day. The idea a jury wouldn't believe her, would dispose of her, a poor girl from West Palm Beach, once again, hurt. But the jury believed her.
Thank you for posting this @sds71 . This is what this trial was all about, Carolyn and all the endless victims out there. This brave woman put herself out there and this jury got it…in return allowing Ghislaine to receive the harshest of sentences (when sentenced).

I, like many wish we were able to watch this trial, unfortunately no cameras allowed in federal court. We were left to decipher what went on at trial from the written commentary and tweets….I found it all so incomplete, having to PU bits and pieces from several to get more information and still left wondering what wasn’t reported. What we definitely didn’t have was to hear the emotion from the witnesses and how they came across…to hear how the attorneys came across in their direct and cross….and of course how the defendant reacted to all of it. Written words lack all of this.

I hope Carolyn and the other brave witnesses who testified wake up this morning to a brighter day, and can only hope that this will be a start to a healing process for them.

moo

After the plea deal that JE got in Florida it’s no telling what will happen.

I’m not convinced she will serve what she should.

Jmo

JE was sentenced under state guidelines. Not federal. And I don't think GM really "knows" dirt on anyone. She is so self serving, she would have already disclosed it. She would have thrown anyone under the bus in a heartbeat.

GM did what JE wanted, to keep in his "circle". No matter how depraved. As long as she was useful, she was kept around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125