NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Your grandson is especially wonderful and handsome, just the best, cariis. Well done April and Oliver! 👏

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

4/17 Evening Update

Calf continues to grow stronger! We experienced a 1-1 1/2 lb weight gain over night. He is quite spunky and independent; perhaps he takes after his father. He also has his inquisitive and friendly moments of engaging keepers with the genuine nature of his mother. We are smitten.

April has recovered great from the birth and has quite the appetite! She did have a minor misstep this afternoon that lead her to favor her one leg; but that has already improved. It's hard dancing around a little one!
Dr Tim was on site for calf and mom check ups and we have no reason for concern and are happy with progress.

Oliver is quite interested in the calf; much more than we anticipated. Perhaps a good sign for eventual introductions and shared space times.

The team is holding up well! We have a another busy day ahead of us tomorrow. We appreciate your support and are so happy to be sharing these moments.

18010189_961473117288901_7363219427284406788_n.jpg

April's hooves should be trimmed to the same shape as CARIIS's grandson's. Instead it looks like she's walking on round disks. They need to spend some of that money on a pedicure.

They imo just did lots of stuff.

Carried on about how when it was time they were going to lay down hay for my gson to cushion the drop fail

Then the let him struggle around more in sand. Your tires get more traction on grass than at the beach and them him , all wet, flop all over the loose sand.

Which translates to April ate a ton of sand that day.

Then they just pick up a couple shovels of placenta doo doo urine blood umbilical cords my gsons first bowel or urination events.

The night before birth all of us amateurs knew that it was happening - we were up late - I never saw anyone come in- that night just to check her out.

Then they introduce a toy that apparently killed a giraffe somewhere else or something

Then they don't have a scale

They have been snarky before - I found today's thing about how it's too much of a hassle when the public is concerned about April's leg but for 3 months you all are caring on about how your goal is to raise the worlds awareness of giraffes.

Instead of being rude to people, who obviously have taken to this experience and just as animal lovers were trying to make sure it was noted

they come back with we may just pull the plug thanx for the money

There should be some trade off. SHe is in captivity. I am confident we all are fully aware that if she is out in the wild and hurt her leg it would just have to be that .

There is a doctor on your payroll. Just saying yeh we notice she is pain and favoring it don't worry about and we won't either.

I don't know would an ace bandage provide some relief?

She old, She has my gson in a tiny cage. She has just given birth. You guys stressed her out twice already, for pictures. The beautiful lady accidently falls cause her leg it could be catastrophic.

I don't know would rubber matts until her knee more solid help?

Steroids. I don't know but she is one tall lady and a fall is not gonna be like if one of our doggies fell down. It's a long fall. She not exactly a lightweight lady either! A fall all things considered is something they should be concerned about.

It's bad enough that they don't seem to care that she is hurting but this could be a safely issue.

He rubbed me wrong the very first time I saw him

rant completed

When were the three of them in there together
My gson is already taller than the doc so there !!

18010978_961237897312423_3193447793972059754_n.jpg

ok april and my greatest gson ever

you guys are driving us bonkers

April up gson down

gson up April down

gson and April up

gson missing April there

4/17 Evening Update

Calf continues to grow stronger! We experienced a 1-1 1/2 lb weight gain over night. He is quite spunky and independent; perhaps he takes after his father. He also has his inquisitive and friendly moments of engaging keepers with the genuine nature of his mother. We are smitten.

April has recovered great from the birth and has quite the appetite! She did have a minor misstep this afternoon that lead her to favor her one leg; but that has already improved. It's hard dancing around a little one!
Dr Tim was on site for calf and mom check ups and we have no reason for concern and are happy with progress.

Oliver is quite interested in the calf; much more than we anticipated. Perhaps a good sign for eventual introductions and shared space times.

The team is holding up well! We have a another busy day ahead of us tomorrow. We appreciate your support and are so happy to be sharing these moments.

Hummm

Quite a tone change. My vote JOrdon wrote the earlier one. Toys or us people wrote this.

Its 142

Back up if ya can its the first time I have seen April take actual giraffe sleep pose!

The little guy aka CARIIS grandson (my nephew) is awake and in the dark corner opposite to where Aprils water is.
Directly below the camera is why he isn't seen much.

4/17 Evening Update

BBM

IMO, he takes after his granddad. :D

The pictures of the little guy aka CARIIS's grandson are absolutely beautiful.
(Not to leave out mom April (and baby) and her big baby). :loveyou:

April has finally laid down. Glad she is taking weight off of her sore joint.

IMO, sand is the best surface for walking/standing. I've had back problems for the past 30 years, with nerve pain going down my legs esp. on one side. Years ago, I was at a park talking to a friend while her young son played on the playground equipment. The surface the playground equipment was on was sand. We stood there at least 30 min and I remember thinking how wonderfully odd it was that I wasn't in pain. To this day, I cannot remember another time I've stood or walked that long without being in mega-pain.

So, I think April could not be on a more therapeutic surface for her injured leg (MOO). I hope we are able to see improvement before they remove the cam.

April has finally laid down. Glad she is taking weight off of her sore joint.

IMO, sand is the best surface for walking/standing. I've had back problems for the past 30 years, with nerve pain going down my legs esp. on one side. Years ago, I was at a park talking to a friend while her young son played on the playground equipment. The surface the playground equipment was on was sand. We stood there at least 30 min and I remember thinking how wonderfully odd it was that I wasn't in pain. To this day, I cannot remember another time I've stood or walked that long without being in mega-pain.

So, I think April could not be on a more therapeutic surface for her injured leg (MOO). I hope we are able to see improvement before they remove the cam.

I thought they put down wood shavings, but what do I know.

My sciatica (left side and down left leg) has been bothering me the worst it ever has this past few months and we are going to Tampa, FL 12 June-15th and there will be sand all over, but it's not the beach that's got me going there. Maybe I'll get a quick chance to check it out but I really pray I will be sciatica free that week. I doubt it due to the 7 hour car ride from hell. LOL Oh I want to fly so bad but the last time I flew my ankles swelled up so bad I couldn't walk, I had cankles for the first time ever and that was Reno, so no planes. I'm sure I would be most comfy by train but all sleep cars were booked. Oh well, at least now I know about sand, thanks to Indy Anna. :loveyou:

I no do sun cause I'm scared to death of wrinkles and looking old. Isn't that some stoopid *advertiser censored*? lol I'm insane.

I will get myself a sand box and y'all can come over and I'll provide the wine. We can do sand stuff like sand castles and mud pies. I bet CARIIS will come by and
step on our glorious castles and we can pelt him with the mud pies, right in the kisser.:lol:

I take it your name is due to the state, maybe? I lived in South Bend on the campus of Notre Dame circa 1988. I loved living there and I really miss the Midwest.
Me mum lived in Terre Haute for 10 years.
Cincinnati was my first Midwest love. How I miss it so. :sigh:

Wow, I'm really all over the place manic this morning. I'm sorry.

4/17 Evening Update

This was also on the report from aap:

Naming is still under way - some top votes in no particular order; Patches, Unity , Peter, Apollo, Harpur.

I am not sure I like any of those choices.

Naming is still under way - some top votes in no particular order; Patches, Unity , Peter, Apollo, Harpur.

Actually I don't mind Apollo, a little bit of April and a little bit of Oliver:yes:

I thought they put down wood shavings, but what do I know.

My sciatica (left side and down left leg) has been bothering me the worst it ever has this past few months and we are going to Tampa, FL 12 June-15th and there will be sand all over, but it's not the beach that's got me going there. Maybe I'll get a quick chance to check it out but I really pray I will be sciatica free that week. I doubt it due to the 7 hour car ride from hell. LOL Oh I want to fly so bad but the last time I flew my ankles swelled up so bad I couldn't walk, I had cankles for the first time ever and that was Reno, so no planes. I'm sure I would be most comfy by train but all sleep cars were booked. Oh well, at least now I know about sand, thanks to Indy Anna. :loveyou:

I no do sun cause I'm scared to death of wrinkles and looking old. Isn't that some stoopid *advertiser censored*? lol I'm insane.

I will get myself a sand box and y'all can come over and I'll provide the wine. We can do sand stuff like sand castles and mud pies. I bet CARIIS will come by and
step on our glorious castles and we can pelt him with the mud pies, right in the kisser.:lol:

I take it your name is due to the state, maybe? I lived in South Bend on the campus of Notre Dame circa 1988. I loved living there and I really miss the Midwest.
Me mum lived in Terre Haute for 10 years.
Cincinnati was my first Midwest love. How I miss it so. :sigh:

Wow, I'm really all over the place manic this morning. I'm sorry.

I thought the zoo said the floor is rubber and they put sand on top but the pictures seem to show wood chips. I will refer back to my decrepit eyeballs as a disclaimer to this post.

Actually I don't mind Apollo, a little bit of April and a little bit of Oliver:yes:

I think Apollo would be fine and does makes sense! So I vote for Apollo and it follows the vowel thing.

I think Apollo would be fine and does makes sense! So I vote for Apollo and it follows the vowel thing.

I was thinking maybe Omar. But, you're right.....Apollo does make sense and it honor's both parents.

Apollo is lovely, but the rest of those choices are absolutely dreadful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back