NY - Gov Spitzer tells staff he's linked to prostitution ring

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He hasn't resigned yet. As some of you may know, I work for the NYS Assembly. Talk about shocked!!!! I am sick to my stomach!

My apologies. Shep had said he came in and resigned and that was the end of it. I should have known better then to listen to Shep!:crazy:

It never ceases to amaze me how these men will risk everything for a moment of pleasure (ok maybe 2 moments).Haven't they figured it out that,unlike in the old days,the press is going to jump on these stories. There is no surpressing this kinda stuff. Hope he wasn't using my tax money!!!
I feel so bad for his wife and kids.
I'm glad he's resigning. He is a crappy govenor.

I just don't get it. You have to question,not just his morals obviously,but his judgement. He HAD to know,with the way all politicians are dogged by the press,that this would eventually come out,especially since he has helped indict prostitution rings in the past. He's not a stupid man...I just don't get it!

Wellllll, I guess our ole foot tapping senator is olde news now. Those guys donut have rings I guess.

A ring ?, guess it gets its name from the old saw that says 'what goes around comes around'.

Wonder how big and round and fully packed the RING is?

Great sorrow for his family.

O

Hey, there also is a thread in the PP. I lived in NY until recently. He campaigned on the slogan that he lived at the corner of Integrity and Honesty Lane or something ridiculous like that. He also was the Controller for NY for years, I think. I wonder if he used government resources for his dalliances...

So he must have gotten lost on the way home? :waitasec: took a wrong turn down Prostitute Drive and landed in Deep Doo Doo Avenue.

I just don't get it. You have to question,not just his morals obviously,but his judgement. He HAD to know,with the way all politicians are dogged by the press,that this would eventually come out,especially since he has helped indict prostitution rings in the past. He's not a stupid man...I just don't get it!
You know what, Capps? I think that it is all about power and ego!

You know what, Capps? I think that it is all about power and ego!

I suppose so jannuncutt...but that's the part I don't understand,he has been in politics for awhile,and seen some powerful people brought down because of just these type of things,how could he possibly think he was immune. Maybe he is stupid.And I liked him.

I am thrilled that David Paterson will be Governor as soon as Spitzer resigns. Spitzer's arrogance is truly unreal. IMO, he should have resigned as soon as his actions against Joseph Bruno were revealed. Spitzer was a walking time bomb - my only surprise is that he didn't receive his comeuppance sooner. Good riddance!

Let's see now. SAT was 1590. LSAT was a perfect score. Harvard Law School grad, NY Attorney General, prosecuted the Gambinos, NY Governor.

Gee. The woman that Client #9 chose as a "companion" surely must have been worth all this.

He should be subject to prosecution - probably will get a slap on the wrist. BUT, shouldn't he also be disbarred?

Heard on the local Albany news that the papers have already been signed(resignation papers),and are on their way from NY to Albany.

Here's the question I have. Why do these wives stand there next to the husband in these press conferences? I'm sorry,but I'd say,"You're on your own buddy." How humiliating!

Someone was reading the legal document w/the details about his evening with "Kristen" on Feb 13th (nice, right before V-day) and they said he wanted to do something that she might not consider safe. Maybe he just meant condomless?

That was either read on MSNBC or Fox, but it's part of the legal documents.

ETA: It happens to be on page 30 of the document at the smoking gun link posted above. Here's a link though:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0306082emperor6.html

Mrs. Spitzer, get thee to a doctor pronto.

Here's the question I have. Why do these wives stand there next to the husband in these press conferences? I'm sorry,but I'd say,"You're on your own buddy." How humiliating!

I was wondering that myself, hockeymom. What lesson is she teaching her children? Maybe I'm just mean!

Hey, there also is a thread in the PP. I lived in NY until recently. He campaigned on the slogan that he lived at the corner of Integrity and Honesty Lane or something ridiculous like that. He also was the Controller for NY for years, I think. I wonder if he used government resources for his dalliances...

Oh my are you serious????
What a hypocritical idiot!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag