NY - Gov Spitzer tells staff he's linked to prostitution ring

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Your tax dollars at work?:eek:

Good question. Where DID he get the money?

Did anyone notice the date he met "Kristen" was 13 Feb? His "meeting" ended a few minutes after midnight on 14 Feb, Valentine's Day. He did not spend the night. I wonder if he left early to send flowers to his wife.

Gosh. I feel sorry for her and his daughters; their ages are approximately 19, 18, 16, old enough to understand and be totally embarrassed.

Here's the question I have. Why do these wives stand there next to the husband in these press conferences? I'm sorry,but I'd say,"You're on your own buddy." How humiliating!

I agree 100%. There is ABSOLUTELY no way I would stand up there and "support" these men. They do not deserve that honor.

I agree 100%. There is ABSOLUTELY no way I would stand up there and "support" these men. They do not deserve that honor.

I watched her more than him at the news conference. I felt he was just reading. I didn't see the remorse - just another statement by a politician. My heart just bled for her. She was obviously very hurt and humiliated.

I'm with you. Isn't it time women stood up to these guys and left them? I don't think I could be with a cheater like him on that platform, let alone hold his hand, the same hand that probably intimately touched another woman and violated his marriage vows.

Why should she have to stand up there and be humiliated while he talks of being with prostitutes?

She looked very sad and stunned up there. Very sad for his girls, too. Some men just don't know what they have until it's too late....

This is kind of a sidebar to the story as a whole, but I've written something for Radar Magazine's website about the Emperors Club web presence. When the site started up in 2004 it was patently obvious as to what it was.

"A Look at the Emperors Club."

I personally felt just awful for that man's family. And you know, I think this is only going to get worse.

Steve

This is kind of a sidebar to the story as a whole, but I've written something for Radar Magazine's website about the Emperors Club web presence. When the site started up in 2004 it was patently obvious as to what it was.

"A Look at the Emperors Club."

I personally felt just awful for that man's family. And you know, I think this is only going to get worse.

Steve
More revelations as to other members of government? Or just for Spitzer, Steve? Just curious. Not many can afford the prices they charged for their services.

Good question. Where DID he get the money?

He comes from a wealthy family. The Spitzers live on 5th Avenue in a family owned building. He had a successful career prior to becoming governor, plus his wife is a successful attorney.

I'm wondering what "Kristen" is thinking and feeling right about now. Maybe she doesn't care...maybe it was all about the $$$ for her, no matter the family lives of the men she's prostituting herself with.

I hope the escapade was worth it for Mr Spitzer. :bang:

"Not many can afford the prices they charged for their services."

Exactly. Other politicos, I am almost certain, will be drawn into this ugly situation. No idea who, but this could end up being bigger than the DC Madam thing by a long shot. I don't have any inside skinny yet, but I'm looking. And you know, if you read the affidavit related to the case, you get the impression that Client 9, (Gov. Spitzer) was kind of an old hand at the cloak & dagger side of setting up this sort of assignation. Hope for his sake he doesn't claim it was a one-time thing. No one will buy it.

Steve

Steve

Good article Steve.
His family-- I couldn't do what his wife did this morning. She stood there beside her husband, in front of all those cameras, knowing that millions would know what her husband did. The stand by your man thing doesn't apply to this type of 'affair', imo.
There is no way I'd be able to stand by my husband publicly when he'd been involved with prostitutes.
Like you said, this will only get worse.

It appears that all he will be charged with - if at all - is a misdemeanor. Of course, his political career is ruined, or the assumption is that it is ruined. It appears, as a lawyer, he would not be disbarred. Crazy, huh?

I hope his wife, Silda, files for divorce. She's an attorney, has money. She doesn't need this creep in her life. How could she trust him again? I sure wouldn't. I really feel sorry for her and the three daughters. How can he even look in the eyese of these young women? How can these young women face going to school tomorrow?

New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer is expected to submit his resignation to the New York General Assembly Monday night after allegations surfaced earlier in the day that he is "Client 9," named in a federal prostitution case. (more at link)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336493,00.html
This must have been Fox's best guess in trying to scoop the other network - it's FAUX NOOZE all over again.

He comes from a wealthy family. The Spitzers live on 5th Avenue in a family owned building. He had a successful career prior to becoming governor, plus his wife is a successful attorney.

I'm wondering what "Kristen" is thinking and feeling right about now. Maybe she doesn't care...maybe it was all about the $$$ for her, no matter the family lives of the men she's prostituting herself with.

I hope the escapade was worth it for Mr Spitzer. :bang:
Kristen is deep in negotiations with the National Enguirer, Globe, TMZ, People, and a few other publications.

"Not many can afford the prices they charged for their services."

Exactly. Other politicos, I am almost certain, will be drawn into this ugly situation. No idea who, but this could end up being bigger than the DC Madam thing by a long shot. I don't have any inside skinny yet, but I'm looking. And you know, if you read the affidavit related to the case, you get the impression that Client 9, (Gov. Spitzer) was kind of an old hand at the cloak & dagger side of setting up this sort of assignation. Hope for his sake he doesn't claim it was a one-time thing. No one will buy it.

Steve
You could very well be right. This could end up being bigger than the DC Madam thing.

From the affadavit: I liked the potential prostitute who emailed her regrets saying her friend had just done her first job and only made $500 for an hour (EC takes 50%). The friend performed sex twice during the hour, without even the consideration of being offered dinner first! That was a deal-breaker, she just couldn't consent to being a straight up ho. Talk about high standards!

From the affadavit: I liked the potential prostitute who emailed her regrets saying her friend had just done her first job and only made $500 for an hour. The friend performed sex twice during the hour, without even the consideration of being offered dinner first! That was a deal-breaker, she just couldn't consent to being a straight up ho. Talk about high standards!

That about killed me when I read it!:bang:

WJAL reported that at the end of the night, Spitzer's bill for being with "Kristen" came to $2,721.41.
Ya know, I know accounting, but how do you break sexual favors down into cents? bizarre...

WJAL reported that at the end of the night, Spitzer's bill for being with "Kristen" came to $2,721.41.
Ya know, I know accounting, but how do you break sexual favors down into cents? bizarre...

Or dollars. Old ruse used to hide large, rounded numbers only seen in negotiations. The extraneous dollars and cents are supposed to mask the $2500 and $200 "tip".

c6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back