Found Deceased NY - Halle Schmidt, 21, Copake, 2 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is the first I've heard about this recorded conversation between "another aunt" of Halle's and Ronilla Marshall. Who is this Ronilla Marshall? And who is the other aunt? And what was the conversation? Did anyone get a chance to listen to it while it was on Facebook?

This is the first I've heard about this recorded conversation between "another aunt" of Halle's and Ronilla Marshall. Who is this Ronilla Marshall? And who is the other aunt? And what was the conversation? Did anyone get a chance to listen to it while it was on Facebook?
Didn't get the chance, but scroll down on FB here.

Nice of them to screenshot it with her name and picture and then put it on a public fb group.

She is the nurse whom they contacted asking what to do with Halles body. She told them to bring her to the hospital and they said she was already dead, he had too many drugs on him to bring her anywhere. The aunt has been present during this whole investigation including video interviews. We've had the recording for well over a month and police wouldn't listen to it. They wanted to original copy handed over. I've listened to the recording, as did the register and many others but it crashed after too many people tried listening. It was later removed because Halles brother hadn't heard it yet. I'm the other aunt mentioned, and have also posted prior.

Her name was posted on the group after she began harassing the family and turned around making accusations when she realized she may have to speak to police.

I am so sorry for your loss. Halle deserves justice from everyone who had a part in this. What charges have been brought against Molly? I'm always very supportive of LE, but the ball has been definitely been dropped on this one. How do you not know that the parent of a witness is with the DEA? Do you think the nurse is fearful of those in her group or charges being pressed because she withheld information?

She is the nurse whom they contacted asking what to do with Halles body. She told them to bring her to the hospital and they said she was already dead, he had too many drugs on him to bring her anywhere. The aunt has been present during this whole investigation including video interviews. We've had the recording for well over a month and police wouldn't listen to it. They wanted to original copy handed over. I've listened to the recording, as did the register and many others but it crashed after too many people tried listening. It was later removed because Halles brother hadn't heard it yet. I'm the other aunt mentioned, and have also posted prior.

Her name was posted on the group after she began harassing the family and turned around making accusations when she realized she may have to speak to police.

I am so sorry for your loss. Halle deserves justice from everyone who had a part in this. What charges have been brought against Molly? I'm always very supportive of LE, but the ball has been definitely been dropped on this one. How do you not know that the parent of a witness is with the DEA? Do you think the nurse is fearful of those in her group or charges being pressed because she withheld information?

No charges against Molly at all, they made it clear shortly after interviewing her that she wouldn't be charged. Her father and the investigator personally know each other, so to go as far as saying he didn't know who he was when he came to get her is outright false. After speaking to the nurse myself, she's quite rude to be honest. I don't think she wanted to speak to police, but Halles family wanted it looked into. She had no idea it was recorded, the family only put it out because she told LE a completely different story. Investigators only spoke to her on the phone, they said they couldn't make her come in and 'she didn't seem like she wanted to talk'. There won't be charged there either. Investigators told her mother no further charges would be made.

Hoping her mom will release it. Her son hasn't seen/heard a lot of the darker details. He's having a hard time with it all, which is why the recording came down. She doesn't want him to see it second hand and he's not ready to really discuss it yet.

Hoping her mom will release it. Her son hasn't seen/heard a lot of the darker details. He's having a hard time with it all, which is why the recording came down. She doesn't want him to see it second hand and he's not ready to really discuss it yet.

That's really sad. Hard to know quite what to do.

Though it's essential to keeping the case going, before it grows completely cold.

So -- a quandry.

I think there's still attainable justice to be had.

There should be! There are two others involved that still haven't been brought in for an interview. We already gave their names to investigators awhile ago, the nurse also named them in the recording. Waiting to see what happens with that, although we don't have much faith in it at this point.

I'm often wrong but do have a good feeling about at least their being forced to
sufficiently investigate this case, and disclose their findings. (Though, as I've said, LE
here seems on a podunk par with, say, their screechingly bad counterparts in Oklahoma.)

Fingers crossed and prayers said. I want justice for the family, and I want it now.

Looking quite forlorn, the Hope for Halle sign's still up in a front yard of Pumpkin Hollow Road.

But it's there. #justice

Although a year has passed, we are still actively searching for answers. It’s been awhile so I wanted to post an update on where we are at and hoping maybe someone on here can help us figure out further steps we can take. I’ll try to make this as short as possible!

As far as the OD goes, there was NO heroin detected in her system. The first autopsy said OD and listed no other injuries. The final autopsy showed no heroin in her system and reported ‘many teeth missing’. One of them was found by her mother at the site where she was found. The only ‘evidence’ of an overdose was word of mouth from Cotman himself when he revealed where she was. The sheriffs reported this with no further evidence and that in itself greatly slowed down the search and investigation. They have since removed all posts saying it was an OD, if anyone has these screen shots from their page please email them to ae_moore@yahoo.com. We know Halle did not use heroin, and have said it from get go.

Cotmans car was detained, however they never ran forensics or looked it over. They know she was transported in the vehicle, there should be some report of evidence gathered. The only information we’ve received on this is that the car is Albany.

We are trying to obtain the surveillance video from Joslen Motel. Her mother was told the images were too grainy to see them leave at 6am when it was light out, yet we’ve all seen the 10pm footage of Molly Arnett and Rasheed Cotman at Joslen while dark. Originally they insisted Molly was Halle even when her mother said it wasn’t. If there were two women on the footage we believe they would know Molly wasn’t Halle. No report of hair or fingerprints of hers at joslen. The person staying in the room next door heard no partying or struggle of any kind. Sheriffs say she died at the Motel, coroner says Kinderhook. If anyone has any information on how to get this footage we would really appreciate the help.

Molly Arnett will not be charged because ‘she was too messed up’. We have messages from her asking people for rides and to hang out an hour after Halle went missing and at 8am after they left her in Kinderhook. The nurse that they called that night and that the family spoke to has since passed away, so we have nothing left to follow up on there.

We are also looking into a call made to police at 2:38am that night outside of the Garden Apartments by the high school. Someone reported a woman screaming and being put into a car. 5 hours later police responded. Any info on that would also be helpful.

The sheriffs were given permission to access Halles Facebook to review messages of Corman threatening to kill her days before. They memorialized her account WITHOUT permission so we no longer have access to these messages. We’ve tried contacting Facebook with no results. We feel this was not their place to do and was irresponsible during an investigation.

Rasheem is up for parole on January 18th 2018. We are hoping to gather as much info as possible to prevent his release being as this all happened while he was on parole.

Thank you to those who shared information throughout this ordeal. The more information the better and we appreciate the help!

Although a year has passed, we are still actively searching for answers. It’s been awhile so I wanted to post an update on where we are at and hoping maybe someone on here can help us figure out further steps we can take.
---
Thank you to those who shared information throughout this ordeal. The more information the better and we appreciate the help!
snip

Thanks for the thorough and heart-felt update.

It frustrates me so much, and I'm just some guy a few houses down from where Halle lived; I can imagine what family and friends must feel.

WSers, if you're reading this, please pass it along and share it with others.

This case deserves never to be forgotten until justice is done.

Has the family ever considered publishing the autopsy report here or elsewhere (with sensitive information redacted)?

Although a year has passed, we are still actively searching for answers. It’s been awhile so I wanted to post an update on where we are at and hoping maybe someone on here can help us figure out further steps we can take. I’ll try to make this as short as possible!

As far as the OD goes, there was NO heroin detected in her system. The first autopsy said OD and listed no other injuries. The final autopsy showed no heroin in her system and reported ‘many teeth missing’. One of them was found by her mother at the site where she was found. The only ‘evidence’ of an overdose was word of mouth from Cotman himself when he revealed where she was. The sheriffs reported this with no further evidence and that in itself greatly slowed down the search and investigation. They have since removed all posts saying it was an OD, if anyone has these screen shots from their page please email them to ae_moore@yahoo.com. We know Halle did not use heroin, and have said it from get go.

Cotmans car was detained, however they never ran forensics or looked it over. They know she was transported in the vehicle, there should be some report of evidence gathered. The only information we’ve received on this is that the car is Albany.

We are trying to obtain the surveillance video from Joslen Motel. Her mother was told the images were too grainy to see them leave at 6am when it was light out, yet we’ve all seen the 10pm footage of Molly Arnett and Rasheed Cotman at Joslen while dark. Originally they insisted Molly was Halle even when her mother said it wasn’t. If there were two women on the footage we believe they would know Molly wasn’t Halle. No report of hair or fingerprints of hers at joslen. The person staying in the room next door heard no partying or struggle of any kind. Sheriffs say she died at the Motel, coroner says Kinderhook. If anyone has any information on how to get this footage we would really appreciate the help.

Molly Arnett will not be charged because ‘she was too messed up’. We have messages from her asking people for rides and to hang out an hour after Halle went missing and at 8am after they left her in Kinderhook. The nurse that they called that night and that the family spoke to has since passed away, so we have nothing left to follow up on there.

We are also looking into a call made to police at 2:38am that night outside of the Garden Apartments by the high school. Someone reported a woman screaming and being put into a car. 5 hours later police responded. Any info on that would also be helpful.

The sheriffs were given permission to access Halles Facebook to review messages of Corman threatening to kill her days before. They memorialized her account WITHOUT permission so we no longer have access to these messages. We’ve tried contacting Facebook with no results. We feel this was not their place to do and was irresponsible during an investigation.

Rasheem is up for parole on January 18th 2018. We are hoping to gather as much info as possible to prevent his release being as this all happened while he was on parole.

Half the population in that area of NY is so backwards that my Albany cousins said wild rumors of the body being sliced to pieces abound.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back