Found Deceased NY - Halle Schmidt, 21, Copake, 2 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Evidently no arrests for murder. Correct. That's not to say that there were no arrests for anything else, for example, a drug-related crime, where the suspect in both the cases were the same, but where there wasn't - yet - enough evidence to press charges in the murder, or whatever, case.

Also, how could her "wandering" possibly be a reasonable cause of death in Columbia County the first weekend of September? It's not like she was found in the wilderness in December. This was a temperate night -- a summer night! That statement is outrageous to me.

Also, how could her "wandering" possibly be a reasonable cause of death in Columbia County the first weekend of September? It's not like she was found in the wilderness in December. This was a temperate night -- a summer night! That statement is outrageous to me.
Me too. The spot she was found was not somewhere she stumbled upon, curled into, and died.

Although she was seen on cctv a day I think beforehand, long after hours in Hudson, spotted walking through Scali's parking lot. A long way, though, from where she was found. I have heard she did not have transportation. In that sense she might be said to have been one who wandered.

Evidently no arrests for murder. Correct. That's not to say that there were no arrests for anything else, for example, a drug-related crime, where the suspect in both the cases were the same, but where there wasn't - yet - enough evidence to press charges in the murder, or whatever, case.
Yes, and last I checked the Columbia County jail's online records site was inoperable. It would help if LE were plain-spoken.

No more #RUMOR stuff though last I heard a possible key player had disappeared. Evidently still gone. #RUMOR

Do we have any new information on this party Halle supposedly attended Friday night that there may or may not be video from (the one talked about in the Register-Star on September 7th)? Do we know where it was (or if it really even happened)? Do we know what went on with this stabbing (if it actually occurred)?

Do we have any new information on this party Halle supposedly attended Friday night that there may or may not be video from (the one talked about in the Register-Star on September 7th)? Do we know where it was (or if it really even happened)? Do we know what went on with this stabbing (if it actually occurred)?
Except the last item, these are unofficial.

Halle Schmidt attended a party at Joslen Motor Lodge in Greenport (Hudson) the night of Saturday 03 September, though since the party took place in the lot at rear of the establishment no cameras can verify her attendance. #RUMOR

There are no independent reports that I know of which reference the knife fight, other than what Halle Schmidt's mother referred to in media.

Apparently, the last time it can be physically verified that Halle Schmidt was seen alive was on the night of Friday 02 September or early the next morning when she was taped by a camera at Scali's at the corner of Green Street in Greenport (Hudson), on foot.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/halle...facebook-photos-family-body-identified-drugs/

I suppose we're -- what? Waiting on the toxicology report?

Until then, perhaps it's worth noting, in the sense of a sort of creepy foreshadowing, if nothing else, that the last two complete words Hallie Schmidt wrote and posted on her Facebook pages, on 31 August, three days before the date given as that of her death in her obituary, were these: "I'm dead" (....).

I suppose we're -- what? Waiting on the toxicology report?

Until then, perhaps it's worth noting, in the sense of a sort of creepy foreshadowing, if nothing else, that the last two complete words Hallie Schmidt wrote and posted on her Facebook pages, on 31 August, three days before the date given as that of her death in her obituary, were these: "I'm dead" (....).
I don't see that post. Has it been deleted. The last one showing for me is 8/27.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I don't see that post. Has it been deleted. The last one showing for me is 8/27.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Still up on mine. Interestingly, the two words are atop a picture in which violence is a sort of motif.

And on the 27th, one of the posts eschews further use of any drug other than "bud." Beneath it is another post featuring the word "dead."

Neither usage is in a strictly denotative sense. Still, given a future as that which in fact did shortly take place, the word choice is chilling.

Still up on mine. Interestingly, the two words are atop a picture in which violence is a sort of motif.

And on the 27th, one of the posts....
I should note here that the post referred to in on 09.27.

Halle Schmidt Timeline

02 September: Allegedly seen on Green Street in Hudson.

03 September: Seen on video during early morning hours walking at the intersection of routes 66 and 23B, Hudson.

03-04 September: Reported to have attended a late night party at Joslen Motor Lodge, Hudson; no video confirmation

04 September: Family members report her missing to Columbia County Sheriff's Department

07 September: Sheriff's Department informs community Halle Schmidt is a missing person

10 September: Body found in rural wooded region near Old Post Road, Kinderhook.

10 September: Body identified by family member as Halle Schmidt, 21.

10 September: Vigil held in Hudson draws large crowd.

11 September: Autopsy performed at St. Peter's Hospital, Albany.

13 September: Police identify (as "Molly") and interview a possible witness of interest in the case.

Looks like the memorial was held for Halle today in Copake. I find this quote from her stepfather, Ron Love, interesting: "At this point in time in the investigation, we haven't gotten any real solid answers...They're not really telling us anything".

David Bartlett, Columbia County Sheriff, said today that law enforcement had been waiting for a few legal issues to be resolved before they announced cause of death in Halle's case, but that as of now they are, and that a press release would be going out early next week!

Looks like the memorial was held for Halle today in Copake. I find this quote from her stepfather, Ron Love, interesting: "At this point in time in the investigation, we haven't gotten any real solid answers...They're not really telling us anything".

Wow. 4Ever Young and representing the 518, I guess. Sad.

As for the "legal issues" Bartlett refers to above, what might those be?

I guess I could speculate about what those might be, but have no actual answer to that question. I do have some theories. What are yours?

I guess I could speculate about what those might be, but have no actual answer to that question. I do have some theories. What are yours?
Mine would be based, I guess, on the #RUMOR that a possible player in her death disappeared soon after and thus has not been questioned. This is strictly hearsay from those in the community familiar with the Joslen Motor Lodge. I have not been able to trace this rumor on social media. The person in question might enjoy protection from questioning due to family influence in the county. (surmise based on #RUMOR).

The OD'd and was dumped theory still makes the most sense. Who provided the drugs and who drove the car?

Then again, if one has read her FB page (from which a post was lately removed), Halle was free with her opinions and that can be a danger.

What do you think happened?

As for why the police have been slow to release information to the public, I have two ideas:

1) They didn't want to release the cause of death, or any other details, until the memorial service was over, out of respect for family and friends.
2) Keeping information secret would aid in their investigation. Releasing details would give information to the suspect(s), would intimidate potential witnesses, would reveal too much about what the police knew.

As for the cause of death, the overdose theory makes the most sense, although from what I can gather, Halle didn't use heroin, but instead a lot Xanax, weed, and alcohol. I guess when I think about overdoses, I usually automatically assume it's heroin. I know you can overdose on a lot of other things other than heroin, and that just because in the past Halle didn't do heroin, doesn't mean that she didn't start. I know some people very close to her did. So, maybe an overdose. Maybe some of that awful fentanyl-laced heroin that's killing a lot of people. Who knows.

I also think that the "she knew too much" theory makes sense. From what I can see, Halle hung out with some pretty sketchy characters. Drug dealers, gang members, etc. Though she often defended them, it is possible that she happened upon some information that certain parties might not want her to know. Or that her loyalty was questioned.

Another theory I have is that she left that party at Joslen Motor Lodge that she may or may not have been at on Saturday night, wandered a bit, and was murdered by a random who happened upon her, a crime of opportunity.

This video was originally posted on October 10, 2015, but was reposted on September 15, 2015. (It's Halle.):
[video=youtube;ODK2zpre9iU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODK2zpre9iU[/video]

As for why the police have been slow to release information to the public, I have two ideas:

1) They didn't want to release the cause of death, or any other details, until the memorial service was over, out of respect for family and friends.
2) Keeping information secret would aid in their investigation. Releasing details would give information to the suspect(s), would intimidate potential witnesses, would reveal too much about what the police knew.

As for the cause of death, the overdose theory makes the most sense, although from what I can gather, Halle didn't use heroin, but instead a lot Xanax, weed, and alcohol. I guess when I think about overdoses, I usually automatically assume it's heroin. I know you can overdose on a lot of other things other than heroin, and that just because in the past Halle didn't do heroin, doesn't mean that she didn't start. I know some people very close to her did. So, maybe an overdose. Maybe some of that awful fentanyl-laced heroin that's killing a lot of people. Who knows.

I also think that the "she knew too much" theory makes sense. From what I can see, Halle hung out with some pretty sketchy characters. Drug dealers, gang members, etc. Though she often defended them, it is possible that she happened upon some information that certain parties might not want her to know. Or that her loyalty was questioned.

Another theory I have is that she left that party at Joslen Motor Lodge that she may or may not have been at on Saturday night, wandered a bit, and was murdered by a random who happened upon her, a crime of opportunity.

Good find on the video.

I have from fairly reliable sources (albeit #RUMOR) that she was at the JML gathering.

One of her last posts on FB concerned heroin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephenWiltshire
Back