Recovered/Located NY - Halo Branton, 10 months, Hillhurst Park, Schenectady, 10 Mar 2024 *deceased after found*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’d had a spark of hope that she’d been found rather quickly (in comparison to most of these cases). How do we ever hope when we open these threads after so many years? I’m sickened. Prayers for this sweet baby.
MOO

An abducted baby that prompted an Amber Alert on Sunday morning has died, investigators said.

Halo Branton, who was just shy of 11-months-old, was found in the area of the General Electric campus in Schenectady, police said. She was taken to Ellis Hospital and pronounced dead.

Branton was abducted at 12th Street and Campbell Avenue around 9:15 Saturday evening, investigators said. They had worried she was in imminent danger.

NewsChannel 13 will keep you updated on WNYT.com and our later newscasts

Was she really abducted?
I don't really understand what happened here either. One earlier article said she was abducted from her cot. So from home? (Initially I thought she was abducted from a park) Then an article about a lady dressed in black carrying a "blanket" with a possible baby wrapped up. Then this search in a park and found in a shed? Who is this woman dressed in black? Poor little baby Halo....I'm so sick of these poor defenseless children coming to harm.

I live in the neighborhood Halo was taken from. We had rain and a little snow overnight. If Halo was in Hillhurst Park or neighboring GE campus overnight, I hope someone was trying to keep her warm. Hillhurst Park is right between where she was taken from and where she was found.
Any idea whether a crying child would likely have been heard on that GE campus? Is there shift work or overnight activity of any type that would make it likely that a crying child would have been heard? So sad that this child's name turned out to be prophetic.

Any idea whether a crying child would likely have been heard on that GE campus? Is there shift work or overnight activity of any type that would make it likely that a crying child would have been heard? So sad that this child's name turned out to be prophetic.

The campus is quite large and most of the manufacturing has left the campus. I don't think there are any houses near enough to hear, either.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpond1972
Back