Identified! NY - Harlem, BlkMale 1609UMNY, 20-30, USMC Tattoo, Jun'97 Leroy Bernard Matthews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have posted his pic and tattoo on message boards for First Force Recon. The guys on the board were in the Marines when this man would have been in. None of them recognized him. They all indicated that there were only 1 or 2 african american males in Force Recon during this time, and he wasn't one of them.

This is the case that got me really interested in researching UIDs, so I always have my eye out for MPs that match him. Someday we will give him a name.

It seems that this man suffered a wound to his upper left shoulder, near the "F" in the word "Force". I wonder what x-rays showed.

Force Recon is a very select unit of the Marine Corps. Requirements for selection include being in the top physical condition category, expert rifleman, high scores in training, etc.

It is unlikely that someone who was NOT USMC Force Recon would get such a tattoo.

It seems that this man suffered a wound to his upper left shoulder, near the "F" in the word "Force". I wonder what x-rays showed.

Force Recon is a very select unit of the Marine Corps. Requirements for selection include being in the top physical condition category, expert rifleman, high scores in training, etc.

It is unlikely that someone who was NOT USMC Force Recon would get such a tattoo.

I assumed the wound was from electrocution. The ME will not give out any info.

I'm haven't heard from my contact with the US Marine Corps in about 2 months. He hasn't responded to any of my emails and he was very quick to reply before. I'm not sure whats going on. I hope all is OK with him. The last I heard they were still looking through records trying to find a match. Hopefully they have found out who he is and are in the process of notifying family.

I sent an email to the Arkansas crime lab with Robert as a possible match to John Doe even though there are some differences. I will let you know if I hear back...

I emailed the ACIC again with Robert Webb as a possible match. I never heard anything the 1st time...

http://www.acic.org/missing/search.php?DETAIL=6&date_missing=&city_last_seen=&height=&weight=&age=&sex=&race=&hair=&eyes=&name=&case_type=&cmd=&limit=

Tomorrow, June 23rd will be 15 years since this man was found deceased. Its been way too long!

I am still trying to get some attention on Facebook for this man.

https://www.facebook.com/NYCJohnDoeFoundJune1997

Anyone have any new ideas on how to get his photo out to the public?

Can You Identify Me? has agreed to create a profile for him and I am also talking to a reporter who may be able to do an article but I will keep you posted..

I am still trying to get some attention on Facebook for this man.

https://www.facebook.com/NYCJohnDoeFoundJune1997

Anyone have any new ideas on how to get his photo out to the public?

Can You Identify Me? has agreed to create a profile for him and I am also talking to a reporter who may be able to do an article but I will keep you posted..

Have you put it on Pinterest or Twitter?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

I posted the flyer on the page.

Thanks for doing that! I tried messaging a couple of different USMC FB pages to see if they would share his page and if ask if they might recognize him but no one has responded to me at all.

Someone somewhere has to recognize him!

I created a twitter Page but I'm not really sure what I'm doing with twitter so if someone can help that would be great.

This is the link to the page...
https://twitter.com/JohnDoeHelpIDMe

I just added him to Pinterest.

I feel that this man can be identified. Another Marine, missing for 44 years has recently been found and identified. He will be buried with full military honors this Saturday.

I think it wouldn't hurt to submit him. Every time I see his picture it reminds me of this uid.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966