NY NY - Hatice Corbacioglu, 33, 28 July 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree! Her dad seemed so heartbroken when he spoke about her, especially at the end . . . it nearly brought tears to my eyes. :(

I know :( I feel so horrible for this poor family. Going all this time without any idea of what happened to their loved one. I cannot imagine the pain of enduring this. I really can't help but to wonder if that Reza guy really did stage his own death though. According to what was said on the episode, it seems like the guy just may be capable of something like that.

I really can't help but to wonder if that Reza guy really did stage his own death though. According to what was said on the episode, it seems like the guy just may be capable of something like that.

I agree! The family seemed so doubtful and very assured of his ability to do such a thing. However, the female investigator (her name escapes me at the moment!) seemed quite convinced that it was indeed him who made the leap from that building!

Does anyone have any theories as to where Coza may have disposed of Hatice's body, if you are of the belief that she was murdered by Riza Cosa? Somewhere related to one of his past work sites, as with his ex-wife, Winsome? Or somewhere completely different?

I hope that you can be brought back to your loving family some day, Hatice.

bpS8q.png

I feel so awful for Hatice's family! They are in so much pain :(. I just watched their case on ID. I am annoyed that for the sake of the family, the US didn't open a case. I think they should have and am surprised they didn't. I can tell what happened to her but the US dropped the ball imo.

I just watched this too. So sad. I would have made lots of noise if I was the family in order to have her case also opened in the US. What a hypocrite he was, questioning her faithfulness while he himself was married!

I just watched this too. So sad. I would have made lots of noise if I was the family in order to have her case also opened in the US. What a hypocrite he was, questioning her faithfulness while he himself was married!

I watched on the weekend too. I thought the bit about her family not believing it was actually him who killed himself was interesting.

This is such a frustrating case for so many reasons! I feel certain that the fiancé killed her, but I just wish her remains would be found so her family can finally have some closure. Where are you sweet Hatice?

Bumping for Hatice. I just rewatched your episode Hatice, I am so sorry that your fate remains unknown. I hope you are found and peace given to your family.

Watched the replay on ID last night. Odd the wife was located but I see no updates on Hatice . I can see where the family is suspicious . The body in Turkey looks like a mummy not a 40 yoa guy .

TT

Watched the replay as well. Seems like he had a long time before anyone knew she was missing to dispose of her body. Odds are he killed her and killed himself. And of course the wife too. Was it ever proven that he killed the wife, Winsome? Does she have a thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone who watched Disappeared think that the photo of the dead guy in Turkey looks like that of a person who is much older than Riza could be?

Bumping for Hatice. I just finished watching her Disappeared episode. What a tragic and difficult situation her family must be going through. I hope they receive some answers soon.

Bumping and wondering if there is proof, besides the car found at the airport, that Hatice actually left Toronto?
Is there any proof that the b.f. is deceased?
If the alleged perp really murdered not one but two people, ( and he supposedly cared for them ) does that make alleged perp a serial killer, and if so, could he have other unknown victims?
imo, speculation.
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2010/05/25/14088271.html
storage.canoe.com.jpg

Bumping for Hatice. Just saw the Disappeared episode on ID this morning. My heart goes out to her family.

corbacioglu_hatice_1.jpg corbacioglu_hatice_2.jpg

http://www.nampn.org/cases/corbacioglu_hatice.html
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: June 13, 2009 from Toronto, Ontario
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: n/a
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Long black shoulder length hair.
Small scar on left cheek.
Clothing: White pants, a white dress shirt and black high heel shoes.

Details of Disappearance
Hatice Corbacioglu was last seen on Saturday, June 13, 2009 in the Bloor Street West/Margueretta Street area.
Corbacioglu hasn't been seen or heard from since, and she hasn't contacted her family, returned to Canada or
entered Turkey. There also hasn't been any activity on her cell phone, bank records or Facebook account in that
time. She drove to New York from her family's home in Toronto in June 2009 to be with the man she loved for a few
days. He was a fellow Turkish immigrant named Riza Cosa. She intended to marry him. She became a missing person
just about the time he left the U.S. for his native Turkey. Cosa's wife, Angela Perez, suddenly vanished as well.
Perez's body has been found in a bag dead from blunt force trauma. Riza Cosa got in touch with the family telling
them Hatice went to Turkey, and she came back from Turkey, but they had an argument, and she took the car. Her car
was found in a parking lot at Kennedy Airport on November 25th, nearly four months after Risa Cosa flew to Turkey.
Riza Cosa, 29, killed himself. A note found near his body reportedly blames financial troubles and talks of making
the mistake of loving a girl from Canada.

Was the suspect's death confirmed?
Would it not be easy in Turkey to fake his own death by switching identity with someone else?
Could the alleged perp have committed any other crimes ?
imo.

http://www.canada.com/story_print.html?id=8b0940c3-c876-4d6c-9187-426b1a8de337&sponsor=

May 22, 2010

A man wanted for questioning in the slaying of his wife in New York and the disappearance of his Canadian mistress may have killed himself in his native Turkey.

Turkish media reports say Riza Cosa jumped to his death from a 10-storey building. Detectives in Toronto and Long Island, said Friday they are still trying to verify the information.

Was the suspect's death confirmed?
Would it not be easy in Turkey to fake his own death by switching identity with someone else?
Could the alleged perp have committed any other crimes ?
imo.

http://www.canada.com/story_print.h... ? DL Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems that in 2010 Turkey was sure of the identity and others waiting confirmation, imo.
Wonder if confirmation has since been received?

May 26 2010
Toronto police are waiting for Interpol to confirm Turkish reports that Riza Cosa, 29, jumped from the ninth floor of a building in Sivas last week. An international search for Cosa began after his wife, Winsome Angela Perez, 45, was found stuffed in a bag in a New York steel factory where he had worked
Hasan Yilmaz, editor of Canadaturk newspaper, a Toronto Turkish language publication, says Turkish authorities confirmed an autopsy was performed and Cosa was buried in his family’s plot in Sivas. He also said there are (unconfirmed) reports in Turkish papers that Corbacioglu was seen in the country.

Toronto police have doubts she ever left New York.
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...to_womans_boyfriend_kills_self_in_turkey.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back