NY NY - Irondequoit, WhtFem 14-23, 122UFNY, skeletal in shallow grave, front teeth overlap, Jul'88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping Irondequoit Jane Doe's thread with some great news from Bode Technology and Gene By Gene!

Bode Technology and Gene By Gene Receive New York State Department of Health Approval to Perform Forensic Genetic Genealogy
For the first time, these (forensic genealogy) services are approved by the New York Department of Health and available to law enforcement, attorneys and innocence networks.
(...)
“Bode has a long history of providing forensic support in New York and we are excited to be able to offer forensic genealogy to help solve cold cases throughout the state,” said Mike Cariola, President and CEO of Bode Technology. “Most of our forensic genealogy cases include challenging evidence and require our advanced DNA sampling and extraction methods.”

Anyone have thoughts on Mary Badaracco? She's not on the rule-out list. **edited to add I just noticed the teeth wouldn't match. I found her teeth info on DoeNetwork.

Last edited:
Anyone have thoughts on Mary Badaracco? She's not on the rule-out list. **edited to add I just noticed the teeth wouldn't match. I found her teeth info on DoeNetwork.

Mary had upper and lower dental plates.
The Doe Network: Case File 547DFCT

UID - Dentals: Available. Significant dental restorations using gold foil at 7, 8, 9, 10. Front teeth overlapped.
122UFNY

Irondequoit Jane Doe was discovered 33 years ago today.

With forensic genealogy finally on the roll in New York state, I'm certain this will be the last year IJD will remain a Jane Doe, and next year's "anniversary" will see us refer to her by her own, true name. It's long overdue.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Current exclusions (new exclusion bbm):

MP11936 - Barbara Aleksivich
03/10/1973
Steuben, NY

MP2386 – Lynn Bandringa
29/05/1967
San Bernardino CA

Ingrid Bauer

MP7081 – Bonita Bickwit
27/07/1973
Sullivan NY

MP5860 – Marie Blee
21/11/1979
Routt CO

MP20107 – Mary Bostwick
18/07/1972
Tioga NY

MP19076 – Sandra Breed
22/05/1964
Madison NY

MP7828 – Niki Britten
16/07/1969
Linn OR

MP10968 – Linda Britton
11/06/1963
Guernsey OH

MP3070 – Judith Brown
06/04/1977
Queens NY

MP11582 – Barbara Bruno
01/08/1980
Monroe NY

MP7592 – Rosemary Buck
11/08/1973
Onondaga NY

MP4532 – Cynthia Constantine
11/07/1969
Suffolk NY

MP33036
Cornelia Enright
24/04/1969
Schenectady NY

MP5665 – Charlotte Heimann
30/10/1981
Monroe NY

MP5669 – Lynn Luray
17/08/1964
Los Angeles CA

MP7574 – Sylvia Lwowski
06/09/1975
Richmond NY

MP7266
Judy Martins
24/05/1978

MP4646 – Robyn Pettinato
05/07/1975
Flathead MT

MP26000 – Mary Robinson
10/06/1976
Monroe NY

MP5533 – Denise Sheehy
07/07/1970
Queens NY

MP20265 Valerie Smith
04/03/1981
Queens NY

MP3259 – Sheryl Tillinghast
24/09/1973
Dutchess NY

MP4608 – Rebecca Triska
19/09/1958
Beaver PA

MP2876 – Mary Wesolowski
18/08/1971
Warren NY

MP6975 - Lynne Schulze
10/12/1971
Addison, VT

MP2885 - Leichia Reilly
31/01/1985
Erie, NY

Irondequoit Jane Doe was discovered 33 years ago today.

With forensic genealogy finally on the roll in New York state, I'm certain this will be the last year IJD will remain a Jane Doe, and next year's "anniversary" will see us refer to her by her own, true name. It's long overdue.
I stayed up all night researching. I just want to see what others have said before I hypothesize. I have ideas and feelings about it after an exhaustive night of searching. Its my first time on this site, so I am trying to figure out how far the investigation has gotten.can someone clue me in? Im green but determined.

The NCMEC's Facebook page, Help ID Me, posted about Irondequoit Jane Doe today, but the comments are always the same as you'd expect :rolleyes: No real updates, but I'm certain she'll be identified in the near future. Of all the UIDs in Monroe county, IJD's NamUs is the one that's updated most frequently, and dr. Zerby seems quite determined on identifying her. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

The NCMEC's Facebook page, Help ID Me, posted about Irondequoit Jane Doe today, but the comments are always the same as you'd expect :rolleyes: No real updates, but I'm certain she'll be identified in the near future. Of all the UIDs in Monroe county, IJD's NamUs is the one that's updated most frequently, and dr. Zerby seems quite determined on identifying her. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I am thinking she is going to be identified here soon too, her NamUs profile has been modified again today. They didn't add any new rule outs.

I just looked thru this thread to see if Erica Franolich was ever thought of as a possible match to this Jane Doe. In 2015, it was mentioned - she still isn't on the rule out list, so I don't know if Erica was ever ruled out. I saw this one picture of Erica on her Charley Project profile and thought is looked similar to this Jane Doe.

Here is Erica's NamUs page. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Here Charley Project Profile Erica Jayne Franolich – The Charley Project
franolich_erica6.jpg
Thumbnail

What do you think? I know they say the Jane Doe could have been deceased for up to 30 years prior, but I would have hoped by now these two would have been compared by law enforcement.

I just looked thru this thread to see if Erica Franolich was ever thought of as a possible match to this Jane Doe. In 2015, it was mentioned - she still isn't on the rule out list, so I don't know if Erica was ever ruled out. I saw this one picture of Erica on her Charley Project profile and thought is looked similar to this Jane Doe.

Here is Erica's NamUs page. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Here Charley Project Profile Erica Jayne Franolich – The Charley Project
franolich_erica6.jpg
Thumbnail

What do you think? I know they say the Jane Doe could have been deceased for up to 30 years prior, but I would have hoped by now these two would have been compared by law enforcement.
I'm no expert, but from the looks of it, their dentals look different; Erica seems a little too "bucktoothed" to be IJD. But if you feel strongly about it, I say just submit her. It wouldn't hurt!

And two updates in a matter of a few weeks? This is exciting! I'm going to be very emotional when she's identified at last and probably take some time off WS :')

Last edited:
I am thinking she is going to be identified here soon too, her NamUs profile has been modified again today. They didn't add any new rule outs.
Looks like

MP2921
Barbara Cotton
04/11/1981
Williams
ND

was added, but not made visible right away.

Looks like

MP2921
Barbara Cotton
04/11/1981
Williams
ND

was added, but not made visible right away.

If you aren't familiar, there's an incredible podcast about Barbara Cotton from Dakota Spotlight called 'A Better Search for Barbara'! James is an absolute gem of a host, and person, as he's been an invaluable mentor as I started my own local true crime podcast. But check out Dakota Spotlight, and his previous seasons!

I am so curious who our Jane Doe is. Hope we have our answer soon!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
learningtolive616
Back