NY - Ivana Trump, 73, dies of 'blunt impact injuries', NYC, 14 July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Stairs can be a huge hazard or even a death sentence for older folks. I am not surprised she was afraid of falling down the stairs - it's a common, and not unwarranted, fear. For safety reasons, I feel that it's better for older people and couples to live without stairs if they can manage. My dad is approaching his 60s and is thin and frail, and I worry about what could happen if he fell.

I agree. I, and others I know, also found blunt injuries to the torso as being a tad strange for a stair fall. To me it'd be arms, legs, butt, & head. All the extremities. I'm not seeing torso listed under severe injuries. Something just seems off although even the most suspicious things in life can be totally natural.

I Goog'ed for stair fall injuries and found this:

The type of injuries that can be sustained by a fall down the stairs is seemingly endless. Lower body injuries are the most common, followed by wounds to the head and neck. According to a 2017 study published in The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, sprains and strains make up about one-third of stair-related fall injuries. Here’s a look at some of the most common injuries resulting from a stair fall.

Minor Injuries:
  • Sprains – Joint injuries resulting from ligaments stretching or tearing in your knee or ankle.
  • Strains – Discomfort in in your arm, leg, back or neck muscles to due to stretching or tearing.
  • Bruises – A commonly bruised area is the buttocks which often take the brunt of a stair fall.
  • Minor Cuts and Scrapes – These can occur from contact with the stair treads or railing while falling.
Severe Injuries:
  • Deep Lacerations – Some more serious cuts may require stitches or other treatment
  • Fractures – Common candidates for broken bones include the foot, ankle, shoulder, scapula or hip.
  • Head Injuries – Serious falls can result in a concussion, skull fracture or other traumatic brain injury.
  • Herniated or slipped disk - A condition where the soft center of the rubbery disc between the neck or back bones pushes through a crack in the tougher exterior casing, which can result in pain and numbness. If you experience neck or back pain after falling down stairs, seek medical attention.
  • Internal bleeding - Blood vessels inside the body can be torn or crushed by the impact of a fall.
This is a blog that "Keep current on stair codes, industry standards, safety, and best practices." - Common Injuries from Falling Down Stairs & How to Prevent Falls

Also:

Among the biggest risks associated with falling down the stairs are:
  • head injuries, including concussions
  • back and spinal cord injuries
  • hip fractures and other broken bones
  • neck injuries
  • cuts and bruises
When I was in high school, a friend’s mom fell down the stairs in their garage and landed on some kinda metal pipe or tool. It went thru her eye and killed her instantly. Another girl from my hometown slipped and fell in the shower and hit her head on the tile floor. Her sister came home and found her dead with the shower still running. :(

Freak accidents like these scare the living crap out of me!

Roughly 20% of older adults who fracture a hip (typically fall on stairs, bathroom, etc.) are dead within a year. I’ve seen studies putting that figure as low as 15% and as high as 55%, depending on patient population. Anecdotally, I’d put it 25-35%. Falling is a very reasonable fear. I’ll post one such study below.

Last edited:
I watched the videos and the photos. I don't think that Melania shot daggers at anyone (per the Daily Mail), I think she was respectful and they were all clearly grieving. Love her or hate her, Ivana was a dynamic woman. Sad day for the Trump family.

I do wonder if she was suffering from depression. Although, I also wonder why she was "hunched over" while walking around the city. What health problems was she suffering from to cause that ? Wouldn't her children have been concerned and gotten her more help ? Honestly, I know nothing about this family, but.... I dont' think a 73 y/o person should be living in a four story townhouse. They should be in a one story anything else. JMO So sad.

If she had lumbar spinal stenosis as I have, she very well could have been hunched over, as I am. She may also have had spinal osteoarthritis as I do, which can be too extensive to address surgically. With some ailments you reach the end of the road as far as what medical professionals can do for you, no matter how much money you have. I’m sure her kids were very concerned, but when you have a stubborn parent, as I did, your hands are tied. I remember insisting that my Mom get a walker. She hung clothes on it! Ivana had the right to determine her own medical care, as well as the risks she was willing to take...like using the staircase.

It’s very hard to have a stubborn parent, so I hope I don’t turn into my mother! I’ve used a walker for about two years as I’m a fall risk. I hate it, but it is what it is and beats falling. I completely agree with you that we need to be sensible about stairs. But I also understand her reluctance to move. However, making adaptations to her home in order to age in place would have been wise, as would using the elevator. It’s tough getting old and so many hang onto every shred of dignity and independence with a tight grip. I’m really sorry about Ivana and feel for her family and friends. :(

B7C3F46C-42F4-4AC6-9779-60A7D191348E.jpeg

It is very sad that Ivana has passed away. There will never be another woman like her. I have read many comments from people who knew or met her over the years and they have all said how friendly and kind she was. Ivana was a huge dog lover and she had several dogs during her life who she spoiled and loved very much. The photo I have posted is of Ivana and her dog Tiger in 2019. It was very sad to see him being carried out of her home after it had been announced she had died. Sincere condolences to Ivana’s loved ones. May Ivana Rest In Peace.

In death, as in life, her famous former husband loomed over Ivana Trump’s story.

On Wednesday afternoon, when a funeral was held for Ms. Trump at an Upper East Side Catholic church, former President Donald J. Trump, along with his current wife, Melania, was there, seated in the front row, across from their three children: Ivanka, Eric and Donald Jr.

The Trump Organization had handled the funeral arrangements, and the coffin had a gold hue. The Secret Service stood by.

Outside the church, St. Vincent Ferrer, photographers and about 100 gawkers stood behind barricades. Perhaps the only sign anyone held up said: “PRAYERS AND CONDOLENCES TRUMP FAMILY. GOD BLESS AND PROTECT YOU.”...

View attachment 355228

It is very sad that Ivana has passed away. There will never be another woman like her. I have read many comments from people who knew or met her over the years and they have all said how friendly and kind she was. Ivana was a huge dog lover and she had several dogs during her life who she spoiled and loved very much. The photo I have posted is of Ivana and her dog Tiger in 2019. It was very sad to see him being carried out of her home after it had been announced she had died. Sincere condolences to Ivana’s loved ones. May Ivana Rest In Peace.

Oh gosh I hope Tiger is able to transition with one of the family members or friends that he was fond of. He was living his best life, no doubt, and the change combined with his grieving is going to be a sad adjustment.

This doesn't surprise me. I have seen a lot of wealthy, older women in Las Vegas, wearing crazy shoes. At some point, just wear comfy, safe "Mom/Grandma" shoes. Put away the heels at 60. Just my opinion.

Not sure what shoes she was wearing...but believe me, no one over age 30 needs to wear Manolo Blahnik sandals.
I couldn’t wear them at 30!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back