NY NY - Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, Greenwich, 13 Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Washington County District Attorney Tony Jordan said his office has been reviewing the evidence police amassed, which was turned over to his office last spring, shortly before Bell’s death.

He said police have been following up on some “open items” at the direction of prosecutors as they continue to try to discover what happened to Jaliek and review the evidence for a possible prosecution.

Cases for murder or first-degree kidnapping, equal to second-degree murder in state Penal Law, can be brought without discovery of a missing person’s remains. But Jordan said a much stronger case can be made when a body is found.

“We have to make sure everything is covered, because we only get one shot at it (a prosecution),” he said.
Behind the scenes, Jaliek investigation quietly continues

Did we have another thread on him? I could have sworn I commented on it a while back. Poor little guy, I hope that his adopted father didn't kill him, but I think that is where this is leading.
I'm later here, but is there another thread?

Jumping in, responding to your post, even though I'm late, late, late doing so!

Thank you for providing the link. It is good to hear how those who administer polygraphs respond to and make adjustments for physical impairments of those they are questioning. I had to laugh outloud, however, when I read the second response to the question being asked: the answerer admonished the questioner for previously asking her question on an "anti" polygraph website, telling her (and I'm paraphrasing here) that she should have known what the answer would be before she asked, since the "anti" website was biased against polygraphs. LOL! He fails to acknowledge that she has asked her question this time around on a website that is "pro" polygraph biased!

One of my very dear friends is a police officer. He has informed me that he would NEVER submit to a polygraph and he would NEVER advise anyone to submit to one. In his opinion, they are highly subjective, and if a determination has been made beforehand that the person being polygraphed is guilty, the results will show guilt. Even if the prior determination later turns out to be wrong. There's a reason these tests cannot be used as evidence!

I'm not saying the adoptive father was not involved in this child's disappearance----I'm just saying that I would have refused the polygraph, too, and I didn't do anything to Jaliek.

In Statement Analysis Training, we learn that Polygraphs should have a near perfect reading. The issue is when questions aren't asked correctly. (IE questions that can be parroted or mimicked, which is an easy way to skew results)

We are reading it entirely from opposite viewpoints. He DOES say "which I don't" but he connects it to "my relationship with my wife" which to me says: None of this is anything I would do or could do on my own. On my own, I wouldn't have the strength or compassion or patience to raise these kids, but the loving relationship with my wife enables me to do this.

I could really say the same thing about my family. Alone, I could not do what I can easily do with the help of my husband. Together, we add up to more than two, somehow! Maybe I am overlaying my own strong marriage onto his statement about the relationship with his wife.

I don't like what I've read of Mr. Kerr, and I am also highly, highly suspicious that he has harmed Jaliek......but I don't see this conversation or his refusal to submit to a lie detector test as pointing to any kind of proof that he hurt the child.

I disagree with your view. When a child in missing, parents have a difficult time, even when presented evidence, admitting or believe their child is gone. Jaliek was adopted yes, but he went missing November 1 2007, and by December 10, Stephen Kerr was saying he believed Jaliek wasn't with us anymore.

When someone is under investigation for their child missing, they typically want to prove they didn't do it and scream it as loud as possible, not explain how good of a family member they are, or dodge media coverage to help, when one of their children is missing. That is a common sign of Deception. Ask yourself, Stephen Kerrs adopted child is missing, so why would he try and convince you he's a good parent, although he's barely putting forth an effort to find him, and already considers him deceased. Stephen Kerr is Deceptive, in my opinion.

After reading that website, it does seem fairly clear that the adopted father did have huge red flags above his head and could very well have everything to do with Jay going missing. The living conditions alone tell me that this man didn't care about the overall welfare of his family. (How did this man afford trips to Romania?!)

The note, I would agree, could be from an assignment such as the one described. I wish someone had taken the time to read it.

If Jay was just running away and he knew the respite home was a safe place where he enjoyed being...why wouldn't he just go there?

If they are moving to where the tip concentrated the search, they need to search again with the help of Equusearch.

Social services need to sit on this family and insure the wellbeing of the other children.

Stephen Kerrs father was a Diplomat in Romania, could be how he flew out there.

From what I recall I believe that the adoptive parents were told that they were not going to be allowed to desolve the adoption for some reason. I think that is why the adoptive father and Jalik stayed at the grandfather's home that night while the grandfather was away. I believe that when they found out that they couldn't desolve the adoption the adoptive father cooked up this story about Jalik running away but in reality he is no longer with us.

I believe that Jalik and another child in the home were having problems and that is why he had been at the respite home and then on to the grandfather's home with the adoptive father. The adoptive parents didn't want him in the home with the other kids. Keeping Jalik away from the other children was the excuse for staying at the grandfather's home. Worked out well for the adoptive father because no one else was anywhere around.

How pitiful for the adoptive mother to press charges against her mother for going into their home! That grandmother loves Jalik and it has caused problems between her and her daughter. I don't think they even speak to each other. It's to bad that they weren't allowed to desolve the adoption. It probably would have prevented this child's death. Why leave him with people who couldn't stand him :banghead:

Did anyone live in New York at the time, who can confirm Adoptions can't be undone? That doesn't sound plausible to me, unless it was more of a timeframe. Meaning it couldn't have done undone right that second. I don't see them telling a family who doesn't want a kid, they have to keep that kid long term. I grew up in care, and that just doesn't sound right.

I'm just going by what has been reported about the desolution of the adoption. I worked with two teenagers who had been adopted out of foster care and the adoptive parents had the adoptions disolved when the kids were in their teens. They said they just couldn't handle them. I didn't know that parents could do such a thing and that it was pretty sad to do to kids they had had since they were little. I also understood that they just couldn't deal with the problems that never seemed to end though. I guess it's a good thing that bio parents can't do something like that when our kids are in their teens...lol. I might have been tempted a time or two...just kidding.

I wish the adoptive father would just say what happened that night. From what I have read he could get pretty abusive with Jalik. I don't know anything about the wife. I know that there were people who would have willingly taken Jalik and it's a shame that isn't what happened for him.

I grew up in care, and this is best option for the kids. To be able to dissolve if needed. Some kids, me included, are and were incredibly difficult to bond with. When you have people break your trust over and over, it gets foggy to see things other than good or bad. I don't see how they couldn't have dissolved it. I think this is being misrepresented in the media. It most likely was that the adoption couldn't be dissolved right then and there, that it's a process. I believe what was most likely told is that SK and JM couldn't dissolved the adoption immediately.

I don't understand why he wasn't in counseling either. Both of the adoptive "parents" were. I especially don't understand why the judge didn't mandate them to take him to counseling when they tried to un-do the adoption???

I grew up in a group home, not foster care. When I was young, i didn't think I had issues. Without a proper structure, my blame was always external. So I consistently denied psychological help, and workers didn't push it in the manner people think. It wasn't let's evaluate and figure it out, the traditional response in care, is therapeutic homes, or things of that nature, its usually the same set of people diagnosing. Kids at least in Canada, and from what I experienced, aren't given a dedicated medical or mental health professional. Child and Youth Workers only have limited experience, which is why the turnover rate's are so high. A good friend of mine was in school to work in care. He had the opportunity to listen to my stories and get a peak of what it's like. One day a young female resident he was working with, was cutting herself in the bathroom, and he had to kick the door down. He gets in and shes in the bathtub bleeding, in nothing but underwear. She runs out the front door, so he has to chase her. People see this young girl covered in blood, in nothing but her underwear, and some guy chasing behind her. After that experience he quit, and he will never work near child welfare again. Point being, 4 years of books and 6 months of placement doesn't prepare people for what happens in those places. It's bloody, its brutal, it's dehumanizing to most people involved. The female resident was most likely prescribed more or different medication, and written off as a trouble child. Living in care isn't what people are told, and there is a lack of proper training in supporting these kids. It's living within a disconnected community program. From my experience, it's usually psychiatric help provided to kids. Luckily I took myself of all medication at 12, prior to going into care.

how could he have hidden him so well?

It looks like there are large forests and rural areas around there. And with Kerr's phone record showing he not only lied about his location, but he was north (from what I remember) of where he was supposed to go. Which is further than he would have had to go. He was coming from the south. That leaves a large area that Jaliek could have been left at,

I don't know about specifically New York but not all states allow adoption disruptions. In some places adoptive parents who want to opt out of parenting have the same options that are available to biological parents and nothing more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back