GUILTY NY - Jeanine Cammarata, 37, teacher, didn’t show up at work, Staten Island, 30 Mar 2019 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ARREST!

Exclusive: Estranged husband of missing Staten Island teacher Jeanine Cammarata in police custody

Days after a first-grade teacher from Staten Island went missing, the father of her two children has been taken into police custody, according to multiple sources.

Michael Cammarata of Queens was held overnight at the 120th Precinct stationhouse in St. George, sources said.

[...]
This case was definitely leaning in this direction..Custody dispute, having to use police precinct for exchange of children, instantly worried friends...."If it walks like a duck, etc."

Ugh - this text makes sense when it's been sent from the other parent, and not by Jeanine :(
(not actual logical rational sense)

'I have the kids,' Cammarata wrote, according to the report. 'I apologize. I have to do this for the children.'

And, I'm sorry, but who takes a rest at their ex-spouses home with his new girlfriend there?
This reeks.

And I'd like to know why the custody exchange didn't happen where it was mentioned - because there was an argument, because one or the other didn't show, or because it was never supposed to (bouncing off of ex's statement that it 'didn't happen so she came here'.

Ugh - this text makes sense when it's been sent from the other parent, and not by Jeanine :(
(not actual logical rational sense)

'I have the kids,' Cammarata wrote, according to the report. 'I apologize. I have to do this for the children.'

And, I'm sorry, but who takes a rest at their ex-spouses home with his new girlfriend there?
This reeks.

Oh, gosh, it takes a whole different turn if you imagine an estranged husband typing those words to a friend. (MOO)

"The estranged husband of a missing Staten Island teacher is in NYPD custody, law enforcement sources told The Post... Michael Cammarata admitted to police that he assaulted Jeanine Cammarata, who hasn’t been seen since Saturday, when police brought him in for questioning about the disappearance, sources said."

https://nypost.com/2019/04/03/missing-staten-island-teachers-estranged-husband-in-custody/

Oh wow.
So... he assaulted her - he and GF gave her a place to rest for a bit, then she went on her merry way? Geez.
Charges won't be far behind, I think.

<snip>

Neighbors of the missing substitute teacher said she had filed an order of protection against her estranged husband after he began sending her “very sexual, very aggressive” text messages and even stalking Cammarata as she drove around Staten Island, said the missing woman’s landlord Jose Perez.

“It started escalating to the point, this is from Jeanine’s mouth, where he was following her, turning off the lights in his car and following her,” said Perez, 48, to the Daily News. "She turned (the texts) into the cops ... But Michael wasn’t following it at first so the cops had to address him again.

Missing NYC teacher’s estranged husband in police custody: law enforcement sources

More details in this article: Missing NYC teacher’s estranged husband in police custody: law enforcement sources

"A Staten Island school teacher missing for the last four days was caught in a bitter divorce and feared for her life — even seeking an order of protection against her estranged husband’s unwanted attention, according to her landlord."

"“She felt uncomfortable and I was like, you better keep track of what’s going on because this thing could escalate very fast," [a friend] said."

Last edited:
Michael Cammarata, Jeanine’s Ex-Husband, in Custody | Heavy.com

Michael Cammarata, Jeanine Cammarata’s ex-husband, in police custody following her March 30 disappearance. The Staten Island Advance was the first to report that Michael was in custody on April 3. According to the NYPD, Jeanine, an elementary school teacher from the Cassidy Place section of Staten Island, was first reported missing on April 2. She was last seen by her boyfriend, Aaron, on March 30.

Michael and Jeanine Cammarata have three children together and were in the midst of a custody battle when she vanished. CBS New York was the first to reportthat Michael was being questioned in relation to his ex-wife’s disappearance. New York 1’s Dean Meminger reports that Michael Cammarata will be charged with assault on Jeanine Cammarata.

[...]

<snip>

Friends of Jeanine Cammarata say that she has been a first-grade teacher at PS 29 in Castleton Corners since October.

A former co-worker at PS 18 in West Brighton recalled altercations between Jeanine and Michael, prior to her relocating to the new school.

“I know that at school, he would show up and he would be childish. Standing in front of the door and harassing her, and she would be crying,” he said.

“I said to him ‘dude, you can’t do that. The woman is teaching.' "

Estranged husband charged in prior assault on missing Staten Island teacher Jeanine Cammarata

Exclusive: Estranged husband of missing Staten Island teacher Jeanine Cammarata in police custody
BLFE66DMOJEJ3D6MXZRZQN5MOU.jpg

2 / 8
Jeanine Cammarata, Michael Cammarata
Days after a first-grade teacher from Staten Island went missing, the father of two of her children has been taken into police custody, according to multiple sources. Michael Cammarata, right, of Queens was held overnight at the 120th Precinct stationhouse in St. George, sources said. While he is under arrest, he is not being charged at this time in connection with the disappearance of Jeanine Cammarata, left, 37, of New Brighton, one law enforcement source said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14
Back