GUILTY NY - Jenni-Lyn Watson, 20, Clay, 19 Nov 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(not sure if this has been posted, I apologize if it has)

.."The remains were found at a spot down a slope behind the shed, some 350 yards north of Wetzel Road, They were about two miles north of Watson’s home."

“It appears whoever put her there attempted to conceal her presence there,” Fitzpatrick said. “It appears she was laid flat and covered up with vegetation.”

Snipped from http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/officials_find_remains_believe.html

I too think that LE gathered enough info from someone to know the likely outcome and the approximate area where she would be found...and would also explain why the family was keeping a low profile...

The remains were found as part of the search routine, not because anyone had pointed authorities to the spot, Fitzpatrick said.

He, his chief assistant, Rick Trunfio, and sheriff’s Lt. Craig Costanzo had been standing Friday about 60 yards from where the remains were found, he said.

“It appears whoever put her there attempted to conceal her presence there,” Fitzpatrick said. “It appears she was laid flat and covered up with vegetation.”

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/officials_find_remains_believe.html

Goes to show you, how you can look "in an area" and yet miss something. It pays to check and recheck when it comes to searching.

Prayers to her family and friends.

I hope they catch the SOB that did this and they are brought to justice.

RIP Jenni Lyn. My condolences go out to her family and friends; she seemed like a great girl from what I've heard about her. I'm very sorry that she wasn't found alive. Hopefully, there will be an arrest soon and justice will be served.

I'm looking at Clay Central Park on Google Maps. LE says her body was found behind a shed covered with vegetation. I'm looking at a Satellite view of the park and there are a lot of buildings but I'm not sure which one is the shed in question. It also doesn't seem like the killer made much of an effort to hide her body. This park has baseball fields, tennis courts, etc so there would plenty of people playing at the park. I'm guessing the killer entered the park at night but there are homes nearby and the YMCA closed at 10 pm that Friday so maybe someone heard or saw something.

LE seems anxious to say that they found her on their own, without help...sensitive perhaps to the criticism on how the searching was handled...but I do think it will come out they at least had good reason to search where they did...

I wonder if she had not had her phone with her...when she would have been found?

RIP Jenni Lyn. My condolences go out to her family and friends; she seemed like a great girl from what I've heard about her. I'm very sorry that she wasn't found alive. Hopefully, there will be an arrest soon and justice will be served.

I'm looking at Clay Central Park on Google Maps. LE says her body was found behind a shed covered with vegetation. I'm looking at a Satellite view of the park and there are a lot of buildings but I'm not sure which one is the shed in question. It also doesn't seem like the killer made much of an effort to hide her body. This park has baseball fields, tennis courts, etc so there would plenty of people playing at the park. I'm guessing the killer entered the park at night but there are homes nearby and the YMCA closed at 10 pm that Friday so maybe someone heard or saw something.

WTMA.com (CLICK HERE) has a location clue: "Her family was notified Saturday afternoon, shortly after the discovery in a town park, in a marshy area behind snow-dusted playing fields."

OT rant:
I wish Google news would drop all those cheesy "repeaters" that have stale news posted more recently than the legitimate sources. (examiner.com, ENewsPress, blogs, etc)

ot rant:
I wish google news would drop all those cheesy "repeaters" that have stale news posted more recently than the legitimate sources. (examiner.com, enewspress, blogs, etc)

LOL. Exactly!

I'm looking at Clay Central Park on Google Maps. LE says her body was found behind a shed covered with vegetation. I'm looking at a Satellite view of the park and there are a lot of buildings but I'm not sure which one is the shed in question.

I have been looking at the Google Earth view of the area also & I couldn't pick out the specific spot either. This location was initially reported as : "...found in a marshy area about 300 yards from Wetzel Road in the Town of Clay, near the North Area YMCA" and later said to be: "...down a slope behind the shed, some 350 yards north of Wetzel Road"

In the middle of the fields ~300 yds back from Wetzel Rd (using the Google Earth measurement tool) are several buildings that could be sheds. They are behind the pair of baseball fields. If she was 50yds back from the sheds, the satellite image looks like it is open field. Perhaps it is presently overgrown.

I wonder if that is an area that locals that have used those fields know that they can drive to. There aren't any roads but perhaps people familiar with the park know that it isn't unusal to drive over the grass to get things to the sheds.

With all the densely wooded space just west of the park, I am surprised someone would have chosen a ball field.

I wonder why the body was pretty much in the open? In parks, you have people walking everywhere. All it would take is for someone to kick a ball behind the shed or someone to go play hide and seek and she would be found. It is winter though so I'm not sure how many people spend time in the park this time of the year. There are plenty of woods nearby that the killer could have buried her in and there's even a big lake nearby. I wouldn't be surprised if the killer lives very close by or spends a lot of time in the park or at that YMCA since I've heard that killers like to put their victim's bodies in a place where they are familiar with.

One article did say there was an attempt to hide the body with brush...with the snow coming in, it is possible she would not have been found until spring if she had not been found today...so maybe the locale was not was not that unlikely of a "hiding" place, considering the weather up there and then duration of snow on the ground in the area once it starts...

I wonder if they have surveillance cameras at the park? Probably to late though, its been over a week now.

The FB site is a mess right now but I remain in awe of what they have accomplished. I have never seen a group pull together so quickly and accomplish so much- especially one comprised largely of strangers. Their goals were to spread the word, stay positive and respect the family's wishes. They have done an amazing job getting flyers printed and distributed. And their success with getting media coverage has been remarkable.

The site also provided a place for the hundreds of people that actually knew Jenni-Lyn to come together for a sense of community and the comfort of feeling like they were doing something

With the size of the group (now over 27,000 members) and the large number of posts, I think they did a great job controlling the riff raff.

One article did say there was an attempt to hide the body with brush...with the snow coming in, it is possible she would not have been found until spring if she had not been found today...so maybe the locale was not was not that unlikely of a "hiding" place, considering the weather up there and then duration of snow on the ground in the area once it starts...

Did it snow anytime from last Friday to today? Was there any prediction of a lot of snow the weekend after she went missing that later turned out to be a fluke? Maybe the killer was expecting that area to be covered in snow a lot sooner? If her body was dumped behind the shed Friday night, then the killer was taking a big risk that no one would come to the park during the week before the snow started. I'm looking at the upcoming week and there are some days where it's supposed to be 45+ degrees so it's not like it's sub-zero temperatures currently.

Perhaps the killer wanted her body to be found? Maybe by a child?

This is sooooo heartbreaking. It sounds like this lovely girl had goals for her life, so much promise. I'm so sorry for her family :-(

The weather report from 8 or so days ago just says flurries and possible showers, no real snow expected...

Sometimes I don't think as much thought goes into these things as we imagine...as far as location, especially if a person has killed in some kind of a rage or impulse...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back