GUILTY NY - Jenni-Lyn Watson, 20, Clay, 19 Nov 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her friends have done a lot of grassroots Internet marketing - it's been rather impressive. Mainstream media's starting to pick up on it.

But what's strange is that there's very little information. In fact, next to none confirmed or leaked. Some rumors here or there, but that's it. That's very unique, I think.

I am really surprised that there hasn't been more media on this missing person's case. Is Jenni-Lyn's family (especially her parent's) working with the media to get the story out?

An idea if the family needs guidance with finding resources and help to work with the media, etc., might be a good family advocate and/or a publicist that specializes in missing persons. Just a thought.

I was reading the facebook page made for Jenni Lyn and her friends are all contacting the media. I've seen that national media outlets like CBS, AOL, the Wall Street Journal, and Nancy Grace have all reported this story. There is going to have to be more information released soon however if the national media is going to continue covering this case.

I'm always curious why/how some missing cases get national attention immediately and some just fall through the cracks. I haven't seen much on this case at all.

I hope this beautiful young woman is found quickly and is safe.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/search_to_continue_for_missing.html

Published: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 6:17 AM
Updated: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 6:18 AM
Sarah Moses / The Post-Standard

Clay, NY -- Police, search and rescue teams and others today will continue to search a wooded area in Clay for a missing 20-year-old college student.

<snipped>

On Tuesday, two search and rescue teams, using four dogs, covered about 200 acres of the wooded area that is bordered by Morgan Road, Henry Clay Boulevard, Buckley Road and Route 481.

I'm always curious why/how some missing cases get national attention immediately and some just fall through the cracks. I haven't seen much on this case at all.

I hope this beautiful young woman is found quickly and is safe.

AOL, CBS, the Wall Street Journal, Good Morning America and Nancy Grace have all reported on the case so it is getting some national attention. For this case, I think the reason why there hasn't been that much media about Jenni Lyn is because of the lack of information about her case. All we literally know is she disappeared; there's nothing that separates it from any other missing person cases and there's not enough information to write more than one article about it. I have a feeling once more information comes out, there will be more national attention.

Also, Nancy Grace says she is going to have something on Jenni Lyn's case today in case anyone is interested.

Clay, NY -- Police, search and rescue teams and others today will continue to search a wooded area in Clay for a missing 20-year-old college student.

Jenni-Lyn Watson was last seen Friday at her home at 7406 Donegal Way, two miles from the search area.

On Tuesday, two search and rescue teams, using four dogs, covered about 200 acres of the wooded area that is bordered by Morgan Road, Henry Clay Boulevard, Buckley Road and Route 481. Police used Watson’s cell phone records to determine the search area.

Sgt. John D’Eredita, of the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office, said they don’t know if Watson is with her cell phone and he declined to release further details about what they found in her phone records that lead them to the search area. Crews have set up a search command center at the Moyers Corners Fire House on Henry Clay Boulevard.

more at link

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/search_to_continue_for_missing.html

They covered her story on GMA this morning. The show ask for her family to come on but they are to distraught.

The whole neighborhood is helping. On the above article it says: The community has been eager to help. Many people and business owners have printed out flyers and displayed them at their businesses and on their vehicles. Lamar Outdoor Advertising has also donated nine electronic billboards. Watson’s picture will appear on seven billboards in the Syracuse area, as well as one in Buffalo and one in Albany.

The search for Jenni-Lyn has expanded to the Internet. As of Tuesday evening, more than 12,000 people had become members of a “MISSING: Jenni-Lyn Watson” Facebook page and a web site, findjennilynwatson.com, was created.

Watson had finished her exams at Mercyhurst College in Pennsylvania and had come home on Thursday for Thanksgiving break, Kinahan said. Friday morning was last time her parents and 17-year-old sister saw her. When they returned home Friday afternoon, Watson was gone and so was her cell phone, a Verizon LG enV3. Watson’s purse, containing her wallet and house keys, was still at home, Kinahan said.

:praying:

Praying for Jenni-Lyn's safe return. Such a beautiful girl... I hope she can be home for Thanksgiving with her family. :(

http://www.9wsyr.com/mostpopular/st...ool-woman-resumes/jyuxyRaWU0qP-WqAU3Q-qw.cspx

Published: 11/20 11:09 pm
Updated: 8:00 am

<snipped>

A team of 10, accompanied by search dogs and the county's Air-1 helicopter, combed through 200 acres of wooded land less than a mile from the Jenni-Lyn Watson's home Tuesday.

"This is an area that has shown up on her cell phone records," explained Onondaga County Undersheriff Warren Darby. "We wanted to make sure her phone wasn't left here and if it was, we wanted to recover it because it may have some more information."

The Sheriff's Office is asking the public to avoid visiting the area they have been searching either during or after their activities. In a written statement, Jenni-Lyn's mother Jackie Watson echoed that request: "Thank you for all of the offers of help and assistance, it is greatly appreciated. At this time, we ask that you respect the advice of the sheriff’s department and do not go near the designated search area. Professionals are covering that part of the search. However, what you can do is check any property you own, to include buildings, basements, sheds or places that you do not normally spend time in."

I am grateful that there is a thread for this missing girl as I was prepared to start one this morning, but you wonderful WS'ers beat me to it.

I am local to CNY, and it seems like there is very little information available as of now. A little bit more came out with the search location and cell phone use yesterday, but still all in all very little. It's disturbing that she seems to have left her house and hasn't been seen since. I am hoping upon hope that the Sheriff's office can piece together some info. Coincidentally, a coworker of mine is her cousin so this is hitting very close to home.

But her friends have really stepped up and made a very determined effort at getting the word out.

I think it is a shame that it takes almost a week for LE to get cell ping records when a person is missing and could be trapped in a wrecked vehicle or otherwise in need of rescue. We need to take advantage of the technology we have available to almost everyone much sooner.

Privacy laws are an issue, but that could be taken care of with a simple waiver which a cell phone owner could use to specify to whom and under what circumstances their information could be released in an emergency situation. Maybe one of those websites that people can go to for legal documents should offer such a document which could be made available free to the public. They could promote it as a public service and draw new customers to their site.

She has her cell phone but not her purse with her keys. Why? Since she didn't take her keys, it makes me think that she wasn't planning on going far from the house since I'm assuming she would lock the door if she was going anywhere. If something happened when she was outside, then I'm going to assume that she went out there thinking that she would be back inside shortly and would never venture too far away from the house. Regarding the cell phone, I know that as someone in Jenni Lyn's demographic, we love texting and we will bring our cell phones everywhere even if it's just to get the mail. I'm interested in knowing if Jenni Lyn was texting anyone during the time she disappeared.

The weather in Liverpool, NY is 30's so if she was planning on being outside for longer than a few minutes, then I assume she would bring a jacket with her. Was a jacket missing?

Here's a link to the Good Morning America segment: http://abcnews.go.com/US/college-student-jenni-lyn-watson-vanishes-home-break/story?id=12231421

So far it seems like there is very little information. Day 6 today counting Friday here in Central New York, and it's scary to me that her purse and keys were in her home. I wonder if there was any sign of disturbance at her home or if everything was normal. I hope that LE can get some good information from cell phone records that might tell a story.

On Tuesday, two search and rescue teams, using four dogs, covered about 200 acres of the wooded area that is bordered by Morgan Road, Henry Clay Boulevard, Buckley Road and Route 481. Police used Watson&#8217;s cell phone records to determine the search area.
Sgt. John D&#8217;Eredita, of the Onondaga County Sheriff&#8217;s Office, said they don&#8217;t know if Watson is with her cell phone and he declined to release further details about what they found in her phone records that lead them to the search area. Crews have set up a search command center at the Moyers Corners Fire House on Henry Clay Boulevard.
&#8220;We are questioning her friends and family,&#8221; D&#8217;Eredita said. &#8220;We do not have a person of interest at this time.&#8221;

There is a much larger wooded area, just to the east of the area searched yesterday. I wonder if they will be searching there...

Such a beautiful girl, and from the photos, it's clear she's a serious dancer. That means that, although tiny, she's probably very strong! (fingers crossed)

This site appears to be run by a friend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back