NY NY - Jennifer Hammond, 19, Ballston Spa, Aug 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone want to start looking into this case again with me along with that of Christina White who is possibly linked to this case? I know it’s a long shot trying to solve or contribute to the solving of this case as someone not in the police force but it’s been so long and these girls and their families deserve justice. Anyone looking to help let me know!

Given that she was almost certainly killed by someone from this trailer park(likely at the trailer park), and it's in a small town, it is rather surprising that this has never been solved, or at least that a suspect has never been identified, as far as is known, even though proving it could be tough. I guess no one living in the trailer park remembered her(or someone like her even if they didn't recall her specifically) at that time going door to door selling magazine subscriptions? And no one remembered anything seeming unusual on a August day at this trailer park? Perhaps other residents living there who might have remembered something and spoken up were scared to, knowing a killer was likely living here. I would assume anyone living there with a criminal background that indicated they might do this type of thing was looked at? Of course even serial killers often don't have more than a traffic ticket on their record.

She wasn't reported missing until November of 2003, I have read. While that gives a bit of time for people's memories to fade or people to move out(or even die), it's not much time. Perhaps if she had been reported missing as soon as possible by the company she worked for, this would have been more easily solved. But probably not. While the company could have reported her missing sooner, that they reported her missing at all is good, given the reputation these kinds of traveling magazine crews have, and the likelihood that such workers aren't reported missing sometimes- even if their death has nothing to do with anyone with the crew.

I don't know if it happens very often that these workers on traveling magazine crews don't show up at a designated pick up point. One would think it's very rare/never happens but then again, some workers might take it as a chance to make a bid for freedom if the company they work for is exploiting them. I wonder if the killer who took this young woman's life still lives in that now renamed mobile home park or if he's since moved on. Of course, it's possible it was someone just driving through there or someone who saw her waiting to be picked up by the magazine crew, if she DID get to the pick up point(perhaps she finished early- people in mobile home parks wouldn't be always be the type to be able to afford overpriced magazine subscriptions), but that's unlikely. What is much more likely is that she knocked on the wrong person's door.

Last edited:
Missing Person / NamUs #MP61823

Jennifer Marie Hammond

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances of Disappearance: Victim was working for a door to door magazine sales company. She was dropped off at the entrance to Creek and Pines MHP in the Town of Milton on the morning of 08/30/2003 by the sales manager. She never showed up to be picked up by the sales manager later that afternoon. A search of the mobile home park yielded negative results, and she was reported missing. On 10/26/2009, a hiker located partial human remains in the woods in the area of Lake Desolation, Town of Greenfield, Saratoga County NY. Dental records were obtained from the family of Jennifer, and these were a match. DNA samples were secured from Jennifer's parents, and confirmed the match. This case is an unsolved homicide.

I realize this post is old but I’ve been watching for info about these two girls for the last couple years. If you’re still active,yes I would love to put our brains together on this

Does anyone want to start looking into this case again with me along with that of Christina White who is possibly linked to this case? I know it’s a long shot trying to solve or contribute to the solving of this case as someone not in the police force but it’s been so long and these girls and their families deserve justice. Anyone looking to help let me know!

I realize this post is old but I’ve been watching for info about these two girls for the last couple years. If you’re still active,yes I would love to put our brains together on this

Yes!! Please! I have been following this for a couple years and would love to help in anyway

Seems like there are several other cases involving these magazine subscription sales companies. I seem to remember one about a girl ( whom had been reported missing by family) and ended up getting hit by a car ( and was possibly a JD for a time) while apparently fleeing from some people. I think the idea was that she was trying to get away from other members of her sales crew? I will have to dig around. I wonder if it is the same company and if that company is still in business?

I live in this area. I've followed these cases for years. Recently it came to my attention that some locals have suspected a guy from the area. All I have to Go on is a first name. Howard....aka weird Howard. He had a home on lake desolation rd. Sold it some years ago. Anyone here good with tax record maps?

I live in this area. I've followed these cases for years. Recently it came to my attention that some locals have suspected a guy from the area. All I have to Go on is a first name. Howard....aka weird Howard. He had a home on lake desolation rd. Sold it some years ago. Anyone here good with tax record maps?
I also live in the area. I know some balls deep fill out in desolation. Lettme ask around about Howard

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221215-195501_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221215-195501_Chrome.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20221215-195515_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221215-195515_Chrome.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 22
Hammond had been working for a magazine company going door-to-door selling subscriptions. Originally from Colorado, she had traveled cross-country with the company and had been staying with co-workers in the Albany area.

On the afternoon of Aug. 30, 2003, Hammond had been dropped off at the entrance to the mobile home park but never showed up at the pick-up location. Her co-workers searched the area but were unable to locate her. She was reported missing after she failed to pick up her belongings at the hotel where she had stayed. She had previously made plans to return to Colorado but never returned there either, police said.

In 2009, hunters in the area of Lake Desolation in the town of Greenfield located human remains which were confirmed to be Hammond’s after DNA analysis. The case was ruled a homicide.

1696357209296.jpeg
The 18-year-old Colorado transplant known as “Moonbeam” was set to go door-to-door selling magazine subscriptions for Atlantic Circulation Inc. It would be the last reported time anyone saw her alive.

Two hours later, Hammond didn’t show up at the designated pickup spot. Her co-workers searched the area. Her belongings at the Albany hotel she’d been staying at with co-workers were left behind, and a bus ticket home was never picked up.

Hammond’s disappearance would be ruled a homicide in October 2009, when hunters found human skull fragments and three teeth deep in the woods by Lake Desolation in Greenfield that were later confirmed as Hammond’s.

The Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating Hammond’s death and Aug. 30, 2003, disappearance, according to a news release Wednesday. Sheriff Michael Zurlo previously noted similarities between the red-haired, freckled Hammond and another young woman who disappeared in 2005.

Nineteen-year-old Christina White was last seen the night of June 30 by her family leaving home in the Saratoga Village mobile home park in Milton. Witnesses told police they saw her walking near Geyser Road and Rowland Street. A hunter found her skeletal remains in March 2006 in Daketown State Forest in Greenfield, only miles from where Hammond would later be found.

I found an old address for Craig Ross at 3901 Lewis Rd, if I'm looking at it correctly, it's the same trailer park that Jennifer went missing from.
Yes....it is. Also Christina would walk by it the day she disappeared. Also...the news mentioned places he has lived. They mentioned Greenfield. Jennifer and Christina where found in Greenfield. I'm still searching for an address.

Yes....it is. Also Christina would walk by it the day she disappeared. Also...the news mentioned places he has lived. They mentioned Greenfield. Jennifer and Christina where found in Greenfield. I'm still searching for an address.
I'm finding an address 5 miles from where the bodies were found.

Edit: that was from 2019, there is an earlier address in Middle Grove

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdrh12372