Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming it was in regards to the posts I made on here. He called 9 times within an hour. If it was in regards to anything else he would have had his lawyer contact me again.

That suggests he views what you have -or could - say as very important. I guess someone must be reading here and reporting back to GR, as I can't imagine prisoners have access to the internet.

It also suggests to me that GR wanted to say something he did not want to go via his lawyer. I bet his lawyer wouldn't approve of that at all. I can't recall if it was you or upstate who mentioned the likelihood that GR might go his own way, rather than following the advice of his lawyer. I wonder if that is happening already.

This must be very difficult for you Solus, thank you for contributing to help a lovely lady who can't help herself any longer, through no fault of her own.

That suggests he views what you have -or could - say as very important. I guess someone must be reading here and reporting back to GR, as I can't imagine prisoners have access to the internet.

It also suggests to me that GR wanted to say something he did not want to go via his lawyer. I bet his lawyer wouldn't approve of that at all. I can't recall if it was you or upstate who mentioned the likelihood that GR might go his own way, rather than following the advice of his lawyer. I wonder if that is happening already.

This must be very difficult for you Solus, thank you for contributing to help a lovely lady who can't help herself any longer, through no fault of her own.

Yes, indeed, thank you Solus!! :tyou: You have given some invaluable insight. I'm tempted to ask what the lawyer contacted you about, but know it's probably not appropriate.

I agree that prisoners most likely don't have internet access (can someone confirm that?) so makes me wonder WHO is reading here and reporting back to GR?

<modsnip>

http://prisonhandbook.com/3102/chenango-county-jail-norwich-ny/

This has a brief section on daily life in the Chenango County jail. Basically, up at 6 AM, roll call, breakfast, then either work, school (I guess GED), or treatment program for the rest of the morning (since GR is educated, and doesn't have any addictions that I'm aware of, I guess it would be work -- they mentioned the laundry, kitchen or other assignments), then lunch, then work again, and then in the evening is supper, shower, a little time to relax, then lights out.

There's mention of phone calls (either collect, or through a pre-paid program), sending and receiving mail, but nothing about internet.

Yes, indeed, thank you Solus!! :tyou: You have given some invaluable insight. I'm tempted to ask what the lawyer contacted you about, but know it's probably not appropriate.

I agree that prisoners most likely don't have internet access (can someone confirm that?) so makes me wonder WHO is reading here and reporting back to GR?

<modsnip>.

Regarding the lawyer it wasn't anything important. Just a courtesy call.

<modsnip>

I would think that a select group of GR&#8217;s friends would all have received a courtesy call from GR&#8217;s attorney.

&#8216;Hi &#8230; I&#8217;m fred blogs, GR&#8217;s attorney, and I just wanted to introduce myself and say that if you have any questions or anything you&#8217;d like to talk about regarding GR&#8217;s case &#8230; anything at all &#8230; please don&#8217;t hesitate to contact me. I&#8217;ll be here to help as best I can&#8217;.

Solus, I've been meaning to ask, at one point you said that GR was planning to divorce Jennifer, but wanted to wait til after the holidays, so the kids wouldn't associate that time with the divorce, but that later he had been thinking about not waiting (or something like that).

Do you know what happened to change his mind -- to go ahead and go through with the divorce earlier?

Completely off topic -- but an arrest has just been made in another case followed by Websleuths. Actually, two cases -- the 2008 murder of an 11 year old boy and the family housekeeper, and then, this past May, the murder of a doctor and his wife.

The man who was arrested is a doctor -- who was fired in 2001 when he was a resident pathologist -- by the doctor who was murdered in May. The 11 year old boy was the son of another doctor at the same med school, apparently also involved in the firing.

So, apparently, for 12 years, this "psychopathic pathologist" (as my husband terms him) nursed revenge in his heart, and eventually became an alleged serial killer.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/16/indiana-doctor-arrested-in-4-unsolved-murders-in-nebraska/

http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=51&mode=comments

ETA: this is the original WS thread for the double murder of the 11 year old boy, and the family housekeeper: Omaha double murder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And this is the thread for the double homicide of this May: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209457&highlight=Thomas+Hunter

Solus, I've been meaning to ask, at one point you said that GR was planning to divorce Jennifer, but wanted to wait til after the holidays, so the kids wouldn't associate that time with the divorce, but that later he had been thinking about not waiting (or something like that).

Do you know what happened to change his mind -- to go ahead and go through with the divorce earlier?

I'm not Solus and I'm just guessing, but I think for one of three possible reasons;
1) Impulsiveness
2) Fear of people 'getting their claws in' and giving Jennifer advice he disliked
3) Fear of losing his girlfriend

I'm not Solus and I'm just guessing, but I think for one of three possible reasons;
1) Impulsiveness
2) Fear of people 'getting their claws in' and giving Jennifer advice he disliked
3) Fear of losing his girlfriend

From what I know, I agree with all three. Just wondering if he discussed it with Solus in late November, early December.

All 3 (especially put together) could easily be motive for murder.

<modsnip>

I seriously doubt GR has internet time during this point of his incarceration -- Only a guess

I can name 4 people I am sure report back to GR -- 2 would be his attorneys without even having to think . . . The other 2 are just as obvious :seeya:

Court is backed up big time. It's going to be a while before this goes to trial.

Court is backed up big time. It's going to be a while before this goes to trial.

Darn! His attorney must be so upset, he seemed adamant about GR's right to a speedy trial too . . . Because none of us are :waiting:

Darn! His attorney must be so upset, he seemed adamant about GR's right to a speedy trial too . . . Because none of us are :waiting:

Any idea when the trial will begin? I haven't seen anything in the papers about it.

I think it'll likely be in 2014 sometime. There is that 45 day thing, but it never seems to get followed. Usually a year or so before trial.

Welcome to Jennifer's thread, allforthedogs! It seems the court is backed up so there are going to be delays, but here is a link to upstate's post about 45 days - I can't recall the date the 45 days was counted from, offhand though. GR was initially arraigned May 17th but the last court appearance was May 29th, I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #13 *ARREST*

Thank you!
They will let the public know before it begins, correct?

I think it'll likely be in 2014 sometime. There is that 45 day thing, but it never seems to get followed. Usually a year or so before trial.

Right, Abigail.
At GR's arraignment after the grand jury handed down the indictment, Judge Revoir mentioned the 45 day discovery period, but said he anticipated that that 45 day period of time would be extended due to the complicated nature of the case. I'm paraphrasing badly here, but the word "complicated" was used. Upstate may have a better memory than I.

http://www.nysba.org/AM/Template.cf...mplate=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=50411

Right, Abigail.
At GR's arraignment after the grand jury handed down the indictment, Judge Revoir mentioned the 45 day discovery period, but said he anticipated that that 45 day period of time would be extended due to the complicated nature of the case. I'm paraphrasing badly here, but the word "complicated" was used. Upstate may have a better memory than I.

http://www.nysba.org/AM/Template.cf...mplate=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=50411

We would only be speculating if we said anything more than what the judge and what GR's attorney said -- We certainly wish, for obvious reasons, (Jen's children, family and our small communities, so everyone can put that evil man behind us all), but the trial probably won't be for quite some time. We promise to let everyone know as soon as we know anything at all

. . . Thanks Jillian, I haven't been on and I'm sorry to not have gotten back to you sooner -- Jillian is correct, the judge used the word complexity or complicity of this trial -- paraphrasing for sure, we were very shaken and very adamant about getting Jen's parent's and family to their cars safely (we are a little over protective)

. . . Then the shock of our identities being put on the front page of the news when all we have wanted was anonymity to keep our own families safe, and to help Jen's family with what little we can do.

Reminders:
1) if you have a problem with a post hit the alert button.

2) we don't bring social media drama here to websleuths

3) this thread is to discuss the case so let's get back on track

4) don't discuss fellow posters. As in 1) if you have an issue with a post do not respond: hit the alert button and the post will be reviewed.

Thanks folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member