Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Julianne Peixoto ‏@julespeixoto 1m

Treubig steps down; Jason Bessett takes the stand, he's an investigator with the NY State Police #RamsaranTrial

I think he was wearing a sweatshirt that day, as police have it. Would he have had his lycra running shorts on with them, I wonder. Or too cold?

He was wearing shorts that day, I seem to recall, from testimony of someone at the Y

Apparently he and GR were in jail at the same time. And, apparently the tractor thief has some info related to the case (or may just be saying he does in hopes of getting a break on his sentence). But Garcia is trying to decide if he wants this guy's testimony or not. John Hunt doesn't seem like an especially stellar member of the community. Long history of criminal offenses, thanks to South Aussie's legwork.

Defense lawyers often shred jailhouse witnesses like that to shreds, when they testify against an accused. So I'm sure prosecution would do the same in this case. I really do think it's just a bluff though - attempt to set a seed of doubt in jury's mind that there may be a 'secret' suspect that police somehow do not want to investigate.

I don't think the jury will fall for it.

Ashley Babbitt ‏@evesunashley 43s

Garcia requested Bessett play Quickway video. #RamsaranTrial. Garcia wants whole vid played since it's entered into Ev. Mcbride objects

I hesitated before posting that tweet epiphany, thinking you might do it....then went against my instinct and posted it anyway.

Oh! Hang on, Garcia wants ENTIRE video played to jury? Won't that take hours?

I am surprised that they haven't brought forth evidence we have seen on these threads, like GR's sm postings after Jennifer's disappearance, how he reacted to Jillian's planned search and the inconsistencies relayed by Lavande Dolce from him. Seems like an awful lot more circumstantial evidence that he was not trying to find his missing wife!

I agree. Unfortunately the sheriff's office was discouraging organized searches during the time Jen was missing. In retrospect that was a pretty disastrous call, considering Jen was found nearby and by a civilian. And by that time, as we learned from the pathology testimony, there wasn't a lot of evidence available. She might have been found much sooner if they'd just allowed people to go ahead with searches, with maybe a little bit of instruction and coordination. But now GR can point to the police and say he was just going with their judgment.

The whole Lost N Missing circus also allowed GR to pretend to be doing something, all the while knowing the search for "Runaway Jen" was diverting attention from a search for her body.

Ashley Babbitt ‏@evesunashley 43s

Garcia requested Bessett play Quickway video. #RamsaranTrial. Garcia wants whole vid played since it's entered into Ev. Mcbride objects

Why would he object?

Ashley Babbitt ‏@evesunashley 1m

Overheard Mcbride say the vid could be played later. Garcia said, "this is a murder trial. It's evidence. Now is the time." #RamsaranTrial

Wonder if there was an incident at the Quickway that day or a "shady" character caught on video?

I agree. Unfortunately the sheriff's office was discouraging organized searches during the time Jen was missing. In retrospect that was a pretty disastrous call, considering Jen was found nearby and by a civilian. And by that time, as we learned from the pathology testimony, there wasn't a lot of evidence available. She might have been found much sooner if they'd just allowed people to go ahead with searches, with maybe a little bit of instruction and coordination. But now GR can point to the police and say he was just going with their judgment.

The whole Lost N Missing circus also allowed GR to pretend to be doing something, all the while knowing the search for "Runaway Jen" was diverting attention from a search for her body.

But didn't GR call the police and ask them to discourage searches by community members, in fear of "tainting evidence?" Actually, I highly doubt Jen would have been found anyway, in early January, when Jillian and others were planning the searches. She'd have probably been covered with snow, up there on that higher elevation on Center Road. Even when the property owner found her in late February, she was still mostly covered. I think it was the coyote tracks that caught his attention.

But didn't GR call the police and ask them to discourage searches by community members, in fear of "tainting evidence?" Actually, I highly doubt Jen would have been found anyway, in early January, when Jillian and others were planning the searches. She'd have probably been covered with snow, up there on that higher elevation on Center Road. Even when the property owner found her in late February, she was still mostly covered. I think it was the coyote tracks that caught his attention.

I'd be surprised if the DA argues it was GR's responsibility, and not up to the police, to decide how to collect evidence in the case.

I thought the pic Ashley tweeted of the courthouse looked really dark. I guess it's pouring there?

Ashley Babbitt ‏@evesunashley 1m

Overheard Mcbride say the vid could be played later. Garcia said, "this is a murder trial. It's evidence. Now is the time." #RamsaranTrial

OK, looked at map, and there's a Quickway at 4839 St. Hwy 23, which would have been on Remy's route (about 1 mile from Y) if he were running from home. I guess prosecution wants to show that he didn't pass by there and State is wanting to play a longer loop of the video.

The kind of sharp edge on the concrete there is the type of thing that could have caused Jennifer's lacerated foot and thumb. I'm still puzzled about that. Unless they were postmortem injuries. From rocks, tragically and ironically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member