Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Julianne Peixoto
@julespeixoto
Baker steps down; surveillance video from ATM camera from 12/11/12 taken as evidence #RamsaranTrial

Ashley Babbitt @evesunashley 59s
Baker done. Quick testimony about video. Moving right along today in #RamsaranTrial

ETA: Julianne Peixoto @julespeixoto 2h
@jrleiser didn't specify what the video showed, unfortunately. Only that it was from an ATM camera

Ashley Babbitt
@evesunashley
Lisa Harvey made apt at law firm for JR to meet with matrimonial lawyer on Dec. 21,2012. Apt replaced with Jen's parents. #RamsaranTrial.

Aiyulian
@AbigailinNY
@evesunashley Replaced? Meaning they consulted w/ the lawyer at that time?

Ashley Babbitt
@evesunashley
@AbigailinNY She said since Jen was missing, the parents filled the appointment, yes.

Ashley Babbitt @evesunashley 3s
Npd officer carpenter out on call. Not here.

I bet they break for lunch? Or maybe wait for him/her

Never mind he's back- Ashley tweeted a picture of him getting out of his car LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if Jennifer's lawyer was able to tell her parents anything? It sounds like Jennifer never got to speak to the lawyer though, just the secretary.

Ashley Babbitt @evesunashley 2m
He's back! #RamsaranTrial. pic.twitter.com/dSTpOGMLBn
View photo ·

I bet they break for lunch? Or maybe wait for him/her

Never mind he's back- Ashley tweeted a picture of him getting out of his car LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is she looking out courtroom window??? Or did she head out to grab a sandwich??

Julianne Peixoto @julespeixoto 16s
Norwich Police officer Justin Carpenter takes the stand #RamsaranTrial

Julianne Peixoto @julespeixoto 3s
Motion activated camera security footage from 12/11/12 from Howard Johnson hotel taken as evidence #RamsaranTrial

Ho Jo's is just next to the YMCA, to the west. This testimony is significant as if their camera caught Remy approaching the Y from the west, that would be coming from the direction of the apartments where the van was left, and not from his home.

Julianne Peixoto @julespeixoto 44s
Lunch break. Court resumes at 1:30pm with Carpenter on the stand. They will play the surveillance tape after lunch #RamsaranTrial

Ashley Babbitt
@evesunashley
Break until 1:30. #RamsaranTrial

more from the article: http://www.thedailystar.com/news/local_news/article_0c21dd98-0524-513a-bef2-4ee8ff934238.html

Three days later, Powell said that he invited Ganesh Ramsaran to a more sweeping interview at the sheriff’s department, a half-hour session that the detective said he taped unbeknownst to Ramsaran. Questioned by Garcia, Powell said he did not consider Ramsaran a suspect at that time.

During the interview, according to the audio recording that was admitted into evidence, Powell advised Ramsaran that there were people in the community who had become aware of the affair he was having with Eileen Sayles, his wife’s friend.

Powell said he managed to unlock Jennifer Ramsaran’s cell phone, after the husband said he recovered it from a creek bed in Plymouth the day after reporting his wife missing.

Powell said he then sent messages from an application in the phone to people who had been communicating with her when she played online games, including a man named Robert Houston, who lives in England.

He said the last message recorded by the application had been received at about 8:15 a.m. on Dec. 11, 2012. It was from Houston, and said, “Where did you go? You left the game,” Powell testified.

(note: Bob Houston is testifying this morning -- I believe he's the first witness up -- unless they decide to finish Powell's testimony first)

Difficult to understand how a half-hour's questioning can be characterized as "sweeping." Was that the witness' characterization or Daily Star?

OH!!! I really wish I could see the video footage!!!

Jillian or Nanasbabes or anyone in court -- please describe!!! As in, does it look like he did an easy 1 mile jog downhill? Or ran all the way from his house?

Just a question, was it Jennifer's birthday on the 12 th December, the day before she disappeared? I'm pretty sure I read it while going through this case. If that's correct, was this significant in the events that unfolded? Sorry if this has been discussed before. TIA

In case anyone missed it, snipped from yesterday's article re Monday's testimony:

[ES's stepfather] added that he asked Ramsaran how the children were doing with Jennifer being missing, and he said the defendant told him, “They’re tough, they’ll be alright.”

and

“He told me he ran from home and that his hands were cold and he should have worn gloves,” Layman [off-duty Sergeant, NYSP who Remy spoke to in the sauna at the Y] said.

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2014-09-09/19937/Other-testimony-from-Mondays-Ramsaran-trial/

Well, I bet he did wear gloves and then tossed them...a master manipulator imo.

In case anyone missed it, snipped from yesterday's article re Monday's testimony:

[ES's stepfather] added that he asked Ramsaran how the children were doing with Jennifer being missing, and he said the defendant told him, “They’re tough, they’ll be alright.”

and

“He told me he ran from home and that his hands were cold and he should have worn gloves,” Layman [off-duty Sergeant, NYSP who Remy spoke to in the sauna at the Y] said.

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2014-09-09/19937/Other-testimony-from-Mondays-Ramsaran-trial/

Well, I bet he did wear gloves and then tossed them...a master manipulator imo.

That 'They're tough' remark is just chilling. So cold, so uncaring. And his 'cold hands' remark shows what a softie he is when it comes to his own wellbeing too.

Or how bad his 'versions' are. In my opinion. Boy, I hope he insists on testifying. It will make my year.

I hope he testifies too. When I heard him speak publicly for the first time any reservations I had about his guilt immediately evaporated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck