CONVICTION OVERTURNED NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
his answer to the question posed by garcia, "do you need a break?" was, "no. i'm fine. a couple of minutes won't help me anyway."

What was his performance, I mean his testimony, like today.

Is his resolve weakening at all?

to me it looked like for the most part they had poker faces.

From what I observed today I would have to agree. In addition, I'd say they also appeared very attentive...

What was his performance, I mean his testimony, like today.

Is his resolve weakening at all?

i couldn't tell if his resolve was weakening much.
he was frustrated by both the DA and his own attorney.
he wanted to talk his way, on his terms.
i think he'll become belligerent on the stand under cross examination and may even shut down.
but now that he's on the stand, he can't refuse to answer questions that he doesn't like.

he will only dig his hole deeper the more he opens his mouth.

he's screwed, IMO!

the DA's face palms were classic.

the DA's face palms were classic.

Was he as emotional and irate as the tweets suggested?

I'd prefer he object, but hold the emotion & drama. That's supposed to be Remy's forte.

Remain firm & in control but leave the drama to the defendant.

It sounds like that's the way Cobb managed him--effectively, imo.

Was he as emotional and irate as the tweets suggested?

I'd prefer he object, but hold the emotion & drama. That's supposed to be Remy's forte.

Remain firm & in control but leave the drama to the defendant.

It sounds like that's the way Cobb managed him--effectively, imo.

he was clearly irritated at times, but did handle himself professionally.
not even in movies or on television have i seen a witness quite like GR.
the tweets are accurate.

"I don't recall the exact route," said Remy. "I don't remember to be honest. Those days got blurred, so much stress, the weight of the world is dropping on me like a ton of bricks."

...but i can tell you that i had a chicken sandwich for lunch and cleaned up the kitchen after eating when jen was "shopping."

true story.

ETA: just reading my notes. also remembered that the chicken was deli meat from price chopper.

McBride has laid out a great case against Remy.

Nearly six months to arrest him. No reason to let Remy & his attorney get under his skin now.

I know McB is only human, but Remy...well, he's got no soul as BettyLou suggests.

Remy testified that he found Jennifer's phone using the Find My iPhone app.

When he discovered the phone, he said he could hear it beeping after pressing the "play sound" button in the app, but as soon as police arrived on scene, he said the button wasn't working and no sound could be heard coming from the phone.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Gane...-in-his-own-murder-trial-275664951.html?vid=a

BBM

O, I was wondering

he went on and on (and on and on and on...) about how he was "freaking out" about jen not having returned by dark that day. he called everyone he could think of - friends, family, the pope probably - yet didn't mention it to his best friend right away?

he said he never said his marriage was perfect, but then amended that to: "i did not say that that day." (sounds like the start of a pretty cool dr. seuss ryhme)

now he's crying dramatically for the jury - no tears, but needs a tissue. he turns the water works on and off depending on what question was asked. he oftentimes asked what the question was when he veered way off topic. "what's the question so i can answer it?"

"out of my mind worried." "it was a nightmare." "i was a mess." "i was freaking out." "too busy pacing" to eat or sleep that night.

tried the phone app at 2:30am on 12/11. tried again on 12/12 at 9:00am. "phone did not appear on any maps." numerous calls made between 1:00-5:00am. oldest child saw him crying while on phone with friend at "6:30 or 6:35 am" (exactly) "mommy didn't come home last night." (here he loses it for the jury, pretty much on cue)

9:00am - went to PD "to get answers." took oldest child's ipod. showed LE the green dot which allegedly indicated a moving phone signal. he veered off topic again here. talked about wanting to go look for the phone with police. logged into LE's phone. took screenshots of "phone moving to different locales." i was lost a little here, sorry. something about going to route 19.

then said, "can we get back to 9:35 for a minute? i just remembered something important that happened at 9:35.

not 9:30. not 9:40. but 9:35.

i would ask for more shovels, but he's got this covered on his own.

sorry I am so late!

I just read on the Media Thread that GR decided "at the last minute" to take the stand!

:thud:

Now... Back to catch up on this thread.....

:eek:nline:

sorry I am so late!

I just read on the Media Thread that GR decided "at the last minute" to take the stand!

:thud:

Now... Back to catch up on this thread.....

:eek:nline:

You missed quite a day!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ashley Babbitt ‏@evesunashley 57s

"The whole weight of the world was dropping on me like a ton of bricks. That's why I don't remember which route." Remy in #RamsaranTrial

Wow

:violin:

"I don't recall the exact route," said Remy. "I don't remember to be honest. Those days got blurred, so much stress, the weight of the world is dropping on me like a ton of bricks."

...but i can tell you that i had a chicken sandwich for lunch and cleaned up the kitchen after eating when jen was "shopping."

true story.

ETA: just reading my notes. also remembered that the chicken was deli meat from price chopper.

Oh, I can just imagine the fun that McBride will have with him next week!!

" the weight of the world is dropping on me like a ton of bricks"

I would say he hoisted that ton of bricks over his own head. Gravity is payback.

Suspect changes mind, testifies at murder trial

By Joe Mahoney Staff Writer - Friday, September 19, 2014

http://www.thedailystar.com/news/local_news/article_1f1425e1-1eb6-5dab-b697-842d233267b5.html

Often volunteering information that went well beyond the scope of the questions put to him by his defense lawyer, Gil Garcia, Ramsaran, 39, gave testimony that at times varied from the statements he made to police investigators in the days and months following the Dec. 11, 2012 disappearance of his wife.

The new version of events stated by Ramsaran directly addressed some of the strongest points offered in the chain of circumstantial evidence...

For instance, Ramsaran was adamant Thursday in testifying that he is no longer certain if his wife left the family's home at 473 Sheff Rd. prior to the time he sent an email to a coworker at 10:53 a.m; that day...The statements made by Ramsaran in those earlier interrogations, according to police, came before he was aware that his wife's iPhone — a device located by the defendant with tracking software in a creek bed in Plymouth the day after he reported her missing — had connected with a wireless network inside the family home at 10:57 a.m. that day.

In another significant departure from his statements to investigators, Ramsaran testified he did not run past the Rite Aid parking lot...Ramsaran said for the first time Thursday he did enter the YMCA from the west, changing his earlier account. He said he now remembers that he had stopped cutting through the Rite Aid lot following an earlier incident when he had been almost struck by an automobile coming out of the pharmacy drive-through lane.

While he had earlier given police specific turns he took to get to the YMCA that day, he testified Thursday that has difficulty remembering all the legs of the route he took that day.

In recalling how he located his wife's iPhone in Plymouth using an application called Find My iPhone - a contention that authorities say is bogus - Ramsaran said the device responded to his remote cues to make a sound, allowing him to spot it just as the battery was about to die.

Ramsaran also spoke directly to Revoir in response to several of the judge's ruling, prompting the jurist to direct him to only speak in response to interrogatories.

http://m.thedailystar.com/news/local_news/article_1f1425e1-1eb6-5dab-b697-842d233267b5.html?mode=jqm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman