CONVICTION OVERTURNED NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this what Remy was trying to ignite doubt about? Although myself,I think he has made it sound like (once again) he has suspicious foreknowledge that the seminal fluid would not be a perfect match to his DNA profile.

'For example, an expert testifying about DNA profiling for the prosecution might say that the DNA profile created from the crime-scene evidence has a 4-to-5 probability (or 80 percent chance) of matching the DNA profile created from the defendant's sample. Saying that the probability of the match is 80 percent, however, is not the same thing as saying that the probability of the accused person's guilt is 80 percent.

On the other hand, an expert testifying about DNA profiling for the defense could say something like, "The likelihood that this person's DNA was found at the crime scene, but he did not commit the crime, is 1 in 10 (or 10 percent)." That isn't a very high probability, but it doesn't take into account the fact that the accused isn't just some random person plucked off the street. It's not likely that the DNA profile is the only reason why he or she was arrested for the crime. DNA is just one piece in a very large puzzle.'

http://science.howstuffworks.com/dna-profiling4.htm

Had missed these earlier tweets:

Julianne Peixoto @julespeixoto · 50m

Remy just admitted Jenn was playing her game morning she went missing. McBride says he never told police she was playing it that morning

Julianne Peixoto @julespeixoto · 51m

Remy testified he was on vacation from work in early December onward,admitted he was not scheduled to work on a.m. Jenn disappeared

BBM

Is this what Remy was trying to ignite doubt about? Although myself,I think he has made it sound like (once again) he has suspicious foreknowledge that the seminal fluid would not be a perfect match to his DNA profile.

'For example, an expert testifying about DNA profiling for the prosecution might say that the DNA profile created from the crime-scene evidence has a 4-to-5 probability (or 80 percent chance) of matching the DNA profile created from the defendant's sample. Saying that the probability of the match is 80 percent, however, is not the same thing as saying that the probability of the accused person's guilt is 80 percent.

On the other hand, an expert testifying about DNA profiling for the defense could say something like, "The likelihood that this person's DNA was found at the crime scene, but he did not commit the crime, is 1 in 10 (or 10 percent)." That isn't a very high probability, but it doesn't take into account the fact that the accused isn't just some random person plucked off the street. It's not likely that the DNA profile is the only reason why he or she was arrested for the crime. DNA is just one piece in a very large puzzle.'

http://science.howstuffworks.com/dna-profiling4.htm

My understanding of DNA evidence, is that, since Remy has had a vasectomy, there wouldn't be any DNA to analyze -- other testing could reveal protein that would indicate the presence of fluid from a male inside her, but without sperm, would not be able to ID it. I might be wrong.

What on earth did he do to her????
Ashley Babbitt ‏@evesunashley 1m
Ramsaran says DNA found in Jennifer's body, 4 point match, not his seminal fluid. #RamsaranTrial

I suspect he's trying to imply it's someone else's seminal fluid. He seems to have forgotten he claimed they had sex that morning, which would make it quite natural it would be there.

My understanding of DNA evidence, is that, since Remy has had a vasectomy, there wouldn't be any DNA to analyze -- other testing could reveal protein that would indicate the presence of fluid from a male inside her, but without sperm, would not be able to ID it. I might be wrong.

This prevents sperm from mixing with the semen that is ejaculated from the penis. An egg cannot be fertilized when there are no sperm in the semen. The testicles continue to produce sperm, but the sperm are reabsorbed by the body.

http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/vasectomy-14387

Had missed these earlier tweets:

Julianne Peixoto @julespeixoto · 50m

Remy just admitted Jenn was playing her game morning she went missing. McBride says he never told police she was playing it that morning

Julianne Peixoto @julespeixoto · 51m

Remy testified he was on vacation from work in early December onward,admitted he was not scheduled to work on a.m. Jenn disappeared

BBM

oh...what a tangled web we weave... when first we practise to deceive!

Fyi do not lock ur knees wile standing against a wall.you will faint.I moved from the wall asap.I seen that about to happen.never lock ur knees people.
After observing the jury during direct questioning they looked bored, garcia draged that out way to long..I see they are attentive. But they also look away from grr when he makes eye contact with them. Mc bride opened cross by saying youre strong enough to kill ur sife arnt you? He is trying his best to send gr into a tyrant, but he is just getting fustrated .

Wonder what went down between the three of them, IF anything, the evening before Jen was murdered?

Did McBride elaborate at all on the weights in the home, or suggest or imply that one may have been used by Remy to hit her on the head?

Or did he just mention the availability of the weights in passing?

Fyi do not lock ur knees wile standing against a wall.you will faint.I moved from the wall asap.I seen that about to happen.never lock ur knees people.
After observing the jury during direct questioning they looked bored, garcia draged that out way to long..I see they are attentive. But they also look away from grr when he makes eye contact with them. Mc bride opened cross by saying youre strong enough to kill ur sife arnt you? He is trying his best to send gr into a tyrant, but he is just getting fustrated .

Jury not identifying with him. Disgusted? Know he's lying? Know he's guilty?

Thanks for being there, CJ, and giving us this perspective!!

Jury not identifying with him. Disgusted? Know he's lying? Know he's guilty?

Thanks for being there, CJ, and giving us this perspective!!
The additionail affairs between gr and another women in mid February 2012 on Facebook, did provoke emotions from the jury.it was extremly graphic and even more disrespectfull toward jenn .the da is almost continuously yelling.and I think thats a bad thing imo.he is looking like a one man linch mobe. But I see the jury as easy to read.I actualy know a few of them..had no idea they were jurors.

Ohh, and no one was allowed to sit in the 2 rows behind gr untill the student fainted.

Ohh, and no one was allowed to sit in the 2 rows behind gr untill the student fainted.

I wonder why? And why aren't GR's parents sitting right behind him? Are they there today, CJ? Was the student a college student?

A vasectomy has no bearing on whether there is DNA ...DNA is in all body fluids, hair, etc. The fluid would still contain DNA whether there was actual sperm or not.

I don't understand why McB is letting Remy get under his skin...Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill