Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
woah.

old timey WSers and/or mods, have you come across a situation like this before? I just... I'm at a bit of a loss.

I wish I could correct all of the lies in that statement, but I'm not sure that I'm allowed to here.

I do find it ironic though that after much pressure from community members after just one day, steps were taken to secure a billboard, just after a woman whose sister is missing offered to take the reigns on setting one up herself. But since that woman wasn't a friend of GR's, it was a no-go on his end. Prior, it was stated that securing a billboard was "too costly."

Billboard in Syracuse. Billboards in Syracuse are far more costly than local billboards, so I'm questioning that right now. Someone had to have seen her car in or around Norwich the day she went missing. Putting a billboard up in a city of 145,000 people versus putting one up in the town in which her car and phone were found (10,000 locals) makes no sense in my opinion. I suppose putting one up in each location would make sense, though, I suppose. Not sure about that, only because I don't believe for a second that she ever even made it out of town, nor does anyone I know from town and nor does anyone who provides information to me on the HFJR site.

Also, the note eludes to not being able to have people wanting to look for Jennifer if the public has already set their minds on the husband having killed her. :what:

As we all know here, and as ORR so eloquently stated in an earlier post, if GR asked for help in finding his wife "he would get it. And a lot of it."
Yet GR threw a public snit fit regarding the search that was organized and set to take place on 01/19. What's changed now, I wonder? :waitasec:

It mentions that he took a poly, but not the results.

Also, do most missing persons' flyer specifically state the husband has been cooperating with the police? I've not seen that before. Just wondering if anyone else think that's odd?

I also find the "this is not a game" statement ironic as well, as GR is hosting a large party at his home after the Shining Hope event.

I wonder what they're celebrating? :waitasec:

I wish I could correct all of the lies in that statement, but I'm not sure that I'm allowed to here.

<Mod Snip>
Also, the note eludes to not being able to have people wanting to look for Jennifer if the public has already set their minds on the husband having killed her. :what:

As we all know here, and as ORR so eloquently stated in an earlier post, if GR asked for help in finding his wife "he would get it. And a lot of it."
Yet GR threw a public snit fit regarding the search that was organized and set to take place on 01/19. What's changed now, I wonder? :waitasec:

Also, do most missing persons' flyer specifically state the husband has been cooperating with the police? I've not seen that before. Just wondering if anyone else think that's odd?

I also find the "this is not a game" statement ironic as well, as GR is hosting a large party at his home after the Shining Hope event.

I know I'm a newbie here, but just want to echo the sentiments of everyone here & thank you for caring enough to be a supportive force for Jennifer. It seems in the midst of it all "some" have forgotten that's what they were here for.
Speaking of flyers I've thought it was odd that they created one with multiple dated photos, anyone else? There is so much questionable things in this case I have to wonder if this organization isn't causing some of it?

<Mod Snip>

BBM
Yes that question has been asked time and time again and no answer given. So I am going to ask again - Why did GR not pay for a billboard when the idea was suggested over a month ago? Why is he not paying now? Why is he not at least contributing?
It has been stated that the first board is going to cost $550. We know this well within GR's means.
This is why people are not donating! The last update said there was $530 to go, so there is only $20 donated.
If they answer some of these questions they may get more donations.
And still no answer on whether the poly was passed or not. Another question that has been asked over and over and not answered.
As for that flyer, at the time it was released many of us questioned those comments. Lavanda told us that is standard for her organization and was included so people don't think the husband did it and not bother looking for her.
btw - Keep up the good work Jillian. It's clear to see which page concentrates on Jennifer, maintains their class and doesn't get involved in drama

I know I'm a newbie here, but just want to echo the sentiments of everyone here & thank you for caring enough to be a supportive force for Jennifer. It seems in the midst of it all "some" have forgotten that's what they were here for.
Speaking of flyers I've thought it was odd that they created one with multiple dated photos, anyone else? There is so much questionable things in this case I have to wonder if this organization isn't causing some of it?

I think the flyers exhibit so many different pics with different dates is to show that Jennifer has lost a significant amount of weight in recent months prior to her disappearance. :)

We are not going to bring drama from any facebook page here to Websleuths so please do not discuss that here.

Thank you.

Ima

BBM

Well said!
Yes its very odd to have a flyer with different dated photos. Why have pictures of her at a heavier weight if she doesn't look like that now? Usually fliers would have different pics if someone changed their hair a lot, sometimes wore glasses etc.

A party? Or a gathering? There's a big difference.

Hello everyone...Am local to the area, and know some of the people involved. Am however not an insider...and don't want to be. As a widow to LE member, I have been working on this since I first heard about it...in a very unofficial capacity...that being said...thank you for your continued efforts....I believe that you are so important in this case, as it is being followed by many. Hopefully I can contribute in some way. I am not affiliated with the groups searching, nor in any way involved...other than I care. Remember it is all about Jennifer...and it seems like the case becomes colder by the day. So not being real shy after looking for her for two months...am going to open with my personal thoughts on why LE is being so careful..... http://www.pressconnects.com/articl...urder-conviction-reversed-third-trial-ordered

I have to say that this repeatedly creeps into my mind. I was reading that many missing/murdered persons cases go cold and remain unsolved, due to the fact that LE (or anyone else) is so focused on one POI, that they fail to look elsewhere. Because of this, they miss the person(s) who is actually responsible.

It is certainly important to keep this in mind, IMHO.

I would hope that LE is looking into ALL scenarios, at least for good measure.

Hello everyone...Am local to the area, and know some of the people involved. Am however not an insider...and don't want to be. As a widow to LE member, I have been working on this since I first heard about it...in a very unofficial capacity...that being said...thank you for your continued efforts....I believe that you are so important in this case, as it is being followed by many. Hopefully I can contribute in some way. I am not affiliated with the groups searching, nor in any way involved...other than I care. Remember it is all about Jennifer...and it seems like the case becomes colder by the day. So not being real shy after looking for her for two months...am going to open with my personal thoughts on why LE is being so careful..... http://www.pressconnects.com/articl...urder-conviction-reversed-third-trial-ordered

:newbie::wagon:

We have touched on this very thing a few times...glad you're here!

I think the flyers exhibit so many different pics with different dates is to show that Jennifer has lost a significant amount of weight in recent months prior to her disappearance. :)
I can see the point if she had been missing for a long period of time. But being newly missing I guess it seemed odd to me. I think this would be great if it was released after a long term disappearance. JMO.

BBM

Well said!
Yes its very odd to have a flyer with different dated photos. Why have pictures of her at a heavier weight if she doesn't look like that now? Usually fliers would have different pics if someone changed their hair a lot, sometimes wore glasses etc.
Exactly, especially with the idea that she recently colored her hair, why not a poster with different colored hair colors? I felt as if this was released as "proof" she had been preparing too leave. Again JMO.

Colder by the day? Nooooooo! :(

:welcome6: BearAngel

Welcome BearAngel, and thank you for the great first post! I look forward to reading your thoughts/posts and would love to know more about how locals are feeling. I think the Cal Harris reversal is a very likely reason that LE is so quiet.
I think the FB post is seriously drawing our focus away from Jennifer. I think it might have been asked that those notes be added for this very reason.

I can see the point if she had been missing for a long period of time. But being newly missing I guess it seemed odd to me. I think this would be great if it was released after a long term disappearance. JMO.

Exactly, especially with the idea that she recently colored her hair, why not a poster with different colored hair colors? I felt as if this was released as "proof" she had been preparing too leave. Again JMO.

I like the varying perspectives on this.
I read into as she may gain weight again, lose it again, gain it back, etc., and that posting pics of her at various weight levels (plus with and without glasses) would be helpful in case people were just looking for the "thinner" Jennifer or the "heavier" Jennifer. Kind of like covering all bases...

<Mod Snip>

Party at GS's house after Shining Hope Event?

Are we on WS Jennifer's thread invited?

:D

Queen Bee Narcissist. :goldcrown:

"Certainly, it’s natural to want to be in control of your life. But when you have to be in control of the people around you as well, when you literally can’t rest until you get your way … you have a personality disorder".
Unfortunately for you, the control freak has a lot at stake in prevailing. While trying to hold a conversation and engage them in some way, their emotional stakes involve their own identity and sense of well-being. Being in control gives them the temporary illusion and sense of calmness. When they feel they are prevailing, you can just about sense the tension oozing out of them. The control freak is very frightened. Part of their strategy is to induce that fear in you with the subtle or not so subtle threat of loss. Since the emotional stakes are so high for them, they need to assert themselves with you to not feel so helpless. To relinquish control is tantamount to being victimized and overwhelmed. When a control freak cannot control, they go through a series of rapid phases. First they become angry and agitated, then they become panicky and apprehensive, then they become agitated and threatening, and then they lapse into depression and despair.

http://bullyinthefamily.blogspot.com/2007/02/control-freak.html

explains why some folks get along so well...

Sure does explain a lot!

Party at GS's house after Shining Hope Event?

Are we on WS Jennifer's thread invited?

:D

That would assume we actually go out, aren't we all just bloggers sitting behind computers all day spreading malacious rumours?

So happy to have you here! It's nice to have some fresh eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty