Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His words speak volumes in convincing me that he indeed is a culprit somehow. Most especially the recorded interviews that he has conducted with media outlets. However, some of what has been said by him, or attributed to him by writers like Joe Mahoney (who is awesome btw), was actually quoted through his "spokeswoman."

Irregardless of whether or not he indeed did confide some of the things that were said by his "spokeswoman" to the media, it's possible that those statements can now be ruled inadmissible in trial as hearsay.

Using the I-Phone as evidence can also be inadmissible, because the "chain of custody/chain of evidence" has been broken by GR. All evidence must be "clocked" and logged by the deputy/police officer and/or the lead detective. This is done to ensure that the evidence can be used in trial.

As for the "blood under the seat" in the van. LE still hasn't come forward to say whether or not that is true or not. IIRC, Joe Mahoney quoted GR's "spokeswoman" as saying that there was blood found underneath the drivers seat of the van.

If that turns out to be correct, it's possible now that that can't be used in court either, because it's information that would have been pertinent to the case, and since it was leaked to the media by GR's "spokeswoman", quoting GR, it's possible that it can't be administered as evidence into the case.

:waitasec:

This tells me a lot, and convinces me that a lot of thought may have been put forth into the planning of this. It seems bad, and that perhaps justice can be evaded, but there's a possible silver lining.

The "spokeswoman" could be made to attest to the fact that GR confided these things to her. She could be placed under oath and called as a witness.
Joe Mahoney and other journalists who had contact with the "spokeswoman" could also be called to attest under oath that they were told these things by the "spokeswoman."

While the "blood in the van" may not be able to be used as evidence in the case concerning Jennifer's death, it's possible that the leaking of it to the media via his "spokeswoman," can be viewed as a means to disrupt or interfere in the investigation
RSBM, BBM

Welcome!

Some questions/thoughts:

1. Hearsay is often admissible in court, as "intentional communication of fact," right? Or another exception? Which one, do you think?

2. Chain of custody: Even when broken, items still be can used in the trial, can't they? The defense can ask that it be ruled inadmissable, but does that automatically mean that it would be? The phone for example. Can the fact that GR himself found the phone be used against him, or do you mean the phone's data can't be used based on breaking the chain of custody? I've seen rape cases where the chain of custody with evidence collection was breached and still that evidence was allowed in...BUT the reason for breaking that chain of custody was thoroughly examined, cross-examined, etc. Do you see that as a possibility in this case?

3. Blood under seat: Do you mean that since GR's spokesperson commented on the blood, it can't be used in court? Also, she commented on his affair, calling it an "alcohol fueld tryst." I would imagine that both are key pieces of evidence and will be used as such in court, especially the affair, as motive. Do you? Besides having the spokesperson called to testify under oath herself, do you think it's plausible?

4. Spokesperson: And heavily cross-examined.

5. Hallelujah!

You're right, it can be used as evidence still, as long as it was not illegally obtained from the LE.

Thinking on it now... there's really only one or two reasons I can think of that would explain why he would have released that.

It's centers in part around the statement that was made regarding nosebleeds.

MOO

It's possible that it was leaked by GR via his naive "spokeswoman" in an attempt to get his way with a trial he may eventually face. Possibly in an attempt to cause a mistrial if tried in Chenango County, or means to request a change of venue.

If you leak something that the LE hasn't came out and said anything about themselves (i.e. the blood in the van), and then say something like "oh, it might be from nosebleeds..."

That's casting doubt on himself for a reason. Nobody in their right mind would do that, unless they wanted to cast the doubts of the people of Chenango and the surrounding counties on themselves.

Most people will have read about the case in the papers, and some will have read his quotes and statements. They'll have no choice but to change venue, or else face a possible mistrial because a local jury would be too familiar with the case.

:banghead:

If he hires an attorney, it's possible that the attorney can successfully get the media quotes given by the "spokeswoman" that GR appointed, thrown out as hearsay.

Then at the request of GR, his attorney could file a motion to request a change of venue to a city or county or GR's choice, from the judge.

Which could sadly work in GR's favor. Especially if his statements to the media via his "spokeswoman," are ruled out as hearsay.

If the venue is changed, it's very likely that those statements to the media will be ruled out as hearsay by the new judge as well.

:furious:

Judges seem tight around here. There was recently a local case where a change of venue was granted after the defendant in the matter approached the judge's house to announce that he was picketing outside of the judge's home. The new judge was even tougher on him than the previous judge.

Another thing I'm shaking my head at...why would you just ignore Jennifer's mother here?!?!?!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....116046405231622.21590.116018661901063&type=1

a temporary human experience??? :what:

so then the loss of one's daughter/mother/sister/friend/etc. is a "temporary human experience?" not a forever life-changing traumatic event that Jennifer's loved ones will always live with? huh.

i've asked this before, and i'm asking again, "how do they get internet on their planet?"

:ufo:

Hi all, I really feel like I'm intruding here but have wanted to ask this. Were cadaver dogs ever used in the van?

I do want to add I read here everyday but somewhere I missed this.

TYA

That's what I was wondering too. And were they used in the house?

-------------------------------------

Seems to be one pic chosen for a reason- like this one:

Ramsaran-2.jpg

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/...raise-awareness-for-missing-New-Berlin-woman/

seemed like the only thing missing was the alcohol.

:Banane35:

Wow! It looks like Chenango County Sheriff's Office has a very successful record in solving Homicide cases!

That is very encouraging.. And indicates to me that they are on the right track now in their investigation...And will apprehend and charge the killer of Jennifer!

JMO

Not in any way disparaging the Chenango County Sherriff's department, but homicide is quite rare in Chenango County. There have been some years when there weren't any at all. Usually, when someone is murdered, it isn't any sort of mystery -- it's something like a drug deal gone wrong or a bar fight that got out of hand -- something along that line.

Do I have this right? RG has never publicly commented on the affair? The only MSM confirmation is through his spokesperson/adviser? Not that it matters, but every time I see "tryst", I see red. Trysts are what happens in Jane Austen novels. I believe this was just a regular old extra-marital affair. All MOO

a temporary human experience??? :what:

so then the loss of one's daughter/mother/sister/friend/etc. is a "temporary human experience?" not a forever life-changing traumatic event that Jennifer's loved ones will always live with? huh.

i've asked this before, and i'm asking again, "how do they get internet on their planet?"

:ufo:

:what::what::what:

thank you for saying this and not making me feel rediculous for that thought entering my mind. i just feel as though i don't only say what has already been said here i should keep my mouth shut - so that means the world to me just knowing i'm not the only person who at least imaged that scenario.

Interested101, I for one appreciate your input -- any reasonable police investigation would consider all possible scenarios, and not just one.

And then, the law enforcement would consider which of the scenarios is most likely, considering all the facts they have at hand -- such as motive, information on Jenn's computer (oh wait, some of the most crucial info was DELETED by her husband -- but I suspect that LE can find some real computer whizzes somewhere that can retrieve the deleted stuff), coroner's report, forensic evidence and so forth.

Interested101, I for one appreciate your input -- any reasonable police investigation would consider all possible scenarios, and not just one.

And then, the law enforcement would consider which of the scenarios is most likely, considering all the facts they have at hand -- such as motive, information on Jenn's computer (oh wait, some of the most crucial info was DELETED by her husband -- but I suspect that LE can find some real computer whizzes somewhere that can retrieve the deleted stuff), coroner's report, forensic evidence and so forth.

BBM
How do we know that he deleted stuff from the computer?

oh haven't seen that little banana for a while! Yes booze, tunes, just like old times, ROAD TRIP!!!:party:

BBM

This is response the party GR was having after the Shining Hope event, right?

:fireworks2:

Yes indeed -- even if (and a BIG if) she somehow died accidently, her body was dessicrated by being thrown nude over the embankment and left there at the mercy of wild animals for 2 1/2 months. That's illegal disposal of a body and that is foul play, not to mention impeding a police investigation during the same time period.

wasn't it mentioned that there is a very minimal sentence for this?
somewhere within the post about the bogus defense of something like "cases where there was an accidental death of a loved one and the persons present disposed of the body and never admitted to it, therefore it's not murder." paraphrasing badly here, but i remember something like this being publicly stated by the spokesperson very recently, as if paving the way for even slipperier slope, in my opinion..

Unfortunately we do not know if the kids or friends also said that she had planned to go to the mall that day. We can only hope that LE knows that from their interviews with them. But her daughters' concert was the next night that she was suppose to be going to the mall to get her a dress. As people have said here...a teenager would not usually want their mom picking out their dress...but I don't know..maybe it was a last minute thing and they went online and found a dress she liked and her mom was going to that mall to pick it up. She was also getting a gift for GR and he was clear that she had $500 to spend that day....it was a "special" gift for him....

I also thought it was a possibility that "someone" asked for a ride that day and an argument ensued and then something happened in the car and went from there....

OK...she had $500 to spend that day...in cash??? Who carries that kind of cash with them anymore? And...how did he know she had $500 to spend?? I mean...if she was going to buy him a "special" gift -- what did he do -- tell her exactly what he wanted and give her the precise amount of money to buy it??

I'm thinking that if I were heading out to the mall to Christmas shop on Dec. 11, I'd just use my ATM card or credit card for purchases because the bills wouldn't arrive until after Christmas anyway.

Do I have this right? RG has never publicly commented on the affair? The only MSM confirmation is through his spokesperson/adviser? Not that it matters, but every time I see "tryst", I see red. Trysts are what happens in Jane Austen novels. I believe this was just a regular old extra-marital affair. All MOO
BBM

and in minivans on back roads....

:cow:

OK...she had $500 to spend that day...in cash??? Who carries that kind of cash with them anymore? And...how did he know she had $500 to spend?? I mean...if she was going to buy him a "special" gift -- what did he do -- tell her exactly what he wanted and give her the precise amount of money to buy it??

I'm thinking that if I were heading out to the mall to Christmas shop on Dec. 11, I'd just use my ATM card or credit card for purchases because the bills wouldn't arrive until after Christmas anyway.

Everyone I know uses their ATM at McDonald's or buying coffee at the convenience store. I'm sure there are people who carry still carry some cash around, but $500? That's quite a princely sum considering the "$300 for brand new clothes, all for herself." Every time I think about that phrase, I involuntarily growl. All MOO

wasn't it mentioned that there is a very minimal sentence for this?
somewhere within the post about the bogus defense of something like "cases where there was an accidental death of a loved one and the persons present disposed of the body and never admitted to it, therefore it's not murder." paraphrasing badly here, but i remember something like this being publicly stated by the spokesperson very recently, as if paving the way for even slipperier slope, in my opinion..

Oh don't you know there are "many cases" of just that sort where otherwise rational people decide to dispose of their loved ones on a country road after an accident. Just like there are "many cases" of women leaving their children, abandoning their vehicles, not taking a change of clothes and walking off in winter to start a new life.

Can you have a shrine for yourself in prison? I imagine medals with ribbons would not be allowed, due to the risk of strangulation.

Maybe pictures would be a better idea. :waitasec:

Good idea! Post-it notes might be even better - that way he could rearrange them if he got boreded......

That is my comment and it was directed towards the quote posted. Note the 'like' on Jennifer's mother's comment, that I made before I commented!

Oh I know what you meant! Sorry I wasn't clear I was talking about the quote and her mothers response...if I ran a page and got that response from the mother I would apologize or take the quote down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhojensenbeach