Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this question is for POB, and it has to do with Jenn's online gaming and her messages that got deleted.

POB, did Jenn usually play on her phone or on her computer - or do you know? For instance, would she have been playing while she was sitting in the gym when the kids were at basketball practice?

Do gamers make a habit of switching back and forth between playing on their phone to playing on their computer?

If she DID always play on her phone, how easy would it be for someone to access that game from her computer and delete her messages on the game site? Does one need a password to get into the game?

It just occured to me that GR supposedly did not have access to her phone after she went missing (except for when he "found" it by the bridge). So...that would mean that he'd have had to access the game from her computer, I guess. Just wondering how easy that would be?

Hi guys:seeya:!

I just posted this article on another thread but wanted to put it here as well in Jennifer's thread. This article was written during the Jessica Ridgeway case but is very informative across the board in any case. It is about "awareness space" of a perpetrator.

Here are some snips:

When it actually comes to solving child abduction murder cases, the research suggests that the two most important elements, barring an eyewitness to some portion of the crime, is determining the relationship between the murderer and the victim and examining the murderer’s “awareness space.”

^child was used in the context of this article as it was written during the Jessica Ridgeway case^

At this point, perhaps the best path to solving this particular murder rests with the ability of law enforcement’s geographic profilers to identify the killer’s awareness space, which is defined as that geographic area that individuals have become familiar with over their lifetime. It is composed of those places that have been incorporated into a person’s memory by repeated exposure.

A person’s, including a criminal’s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend’s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.

in the vast majority of child abduction murders, as well as other crimes, researchers have found that the perpetrator lives within his awareness space, commits his crimes close to home and within that awareness space, and disposes of his victims and other evidence at the outer edges of the awareness space, generally along the space’s transportation corridors.

This is because when it comes to operating in our comfort zones, criminals, even sociopaths who murder children, have been found to be just like the rest of us. We tend to operate within the areas that we know best.

much more at link:
http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

The find iPhone ap will actually allow you to delete the phone remotely....so if it was found on the road (as opposed to being driven there, set down, photos takes, police called, etc.) then when someone realized it perhaps fell out along the way, they could use the find iPhone ap to erase its data. Maybe recovering lost/ deleted data was taking investigators awhile.

That is correct nursebeeme.

I have read some on this before, especially in regards to serial killers and determining their possible locations by using the familiar range.

I did something similar in this case as well before Jennifer's body was discovered, by drawing 10 mile radii circles around each of the things pertinent to the case, assigning a yellow circle around the Ramsaran residence, a red circle around the site where the van was found, and a blue circle around the Moon Hill/SR 23 intersection.

On my map, Jennifer's body was located on the fringe of the red circle.

I've included that map here, so that the moderators can add it to the Media and Map thread.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/33m4lts.jpg

I should point out that the location marked "Body Found" on the map is wrong. Jennifer's body was still located in that vicinity on the outer fringes of the red circle (purple area), but located a little to the east of there.

I had made the "Body Found" notation on the map, the night that they had discovered her body, and before Jennifer was positively identified.

The coordinates used on the map are as follows:
Ramsaran Sheff Road residence = 42.5697665, -75.4342695
Moon Hill Road Intersection on State Road 23 = 42.597462, -75.599113
Plank Road Manor Apartments = 42.541839, -75.534604

Radius distance: 10 mi (16.09 km)

Proper approximate coordinates for the location where Jennifer's body was discovered are as follows:
Center Road = (approximate) 42.603539, -75.681231

I posted my frustration on chenango County Sheriff facebook.

Not sure of rules can I link or quote response from Ernie Cutting?

Just wanted to let everyone know it was posted on ccs page asking about JR's case and they replied they are still waiting for autopsy report for her then they hope it will guide them in the direction to help bring light to the case for everyone! hope it is ok to write this

You can (will you please?) paraphrase.

Ernie Cutting "I certainly understand the anxiety this case has caused everyone. Including us. We don't have the autopsy results back yet. Once we receive the results we hope it will guide us in a direction which will help bring a resolution to this case."
so, they are waiting for toxicology, maybe?

That is correct nursebeeme.

I have read some on this before, especially in regards to serial killers and determining their possible locations by using the familiar range.

I did something similar in this case as well before Jennifer's body was discovered, by drawing 10 mile radii circles around each of the things pertinent to the case, assigning a yellow circle around the Ramsaran residence, a red circle around the site where the van was found, and a blue circle around the Moon Hill/SR 23 intersection.

On my map, Jennifer's body was located on the fringe of the red circle.

I've included that map here, so that the moderators can add it to the Media and Map thread.

Thanks for the map Ace!:rocker:

Just wanted to let everyone know it was posted on ccs page asking about JR's case and they replied they are still waiting for autopsy report for her then they hope it will guide them in the direction to help bring light to the case for everyone! hope it is ok to write this

That is very discouraging to me, if they have been unable to complete the autopsy report and are in fact waiting for tox results. I really do not see how they will be able to give a definitive cause and manner of death. What a double tragedy, if so.

That is very discouraging to me, if they have been unable to complete the autopsy report and are in fact waiting for tox results. I really do not see how they will be able to give a definitive cause and manner of death. What a double tragedy, if so.

It seems like JRs death has not been put as a top priority throughout her disappearance or once they found her body under very suspicious circumstances. I'm really hoping LE know more then they are saying.

It seems like JRs death has not been put as a top priority throughout her disappearance or once they found her body under very suspicious circumstances. I'm really hoping LE know more then they are saying.

I am really starting to wonder what the deal is with tox tests everywhere. Why should they take so long? And why shouldn't her case have been moved to the front of a line, in any event? It is unlikely that Syracuse is currently testing a lot of potential murder victim cases.

If Jennifer had fibro as well as other painful conditions, they are bound to find a variety of prescription meds in her system, IMO. I deal with chronic pain and have a cocktail of drugs in my system at any given time. Some of them, which I no longer take, had very weird side effects and could make one think about suicide. If she was taking any of those, I worry that may be used against her.

Dansmom -- good post! and that you rec'd a reply... check out your thank you though -- looks like you thanked someone else and not the LE... :-)

You can post the link and paraphrase what was said (as I understand the rules)

Ernie Cutting "I certainly understand the anxiety this case has caused everyone. Including us. We don't have the autopsy results back yet. Once we receive the results we hope it will guide us in a direction which will help bring a resolution to this case."
so, they are waiting for toxicology, maybe?

Most likely. Or maybe they're calling in some experts from elsewhere to confirm COD?

I have to keep reminding myself that they are likely honing in on someone(s) and just need to dot their I's and cross their T's. I hope it's not wishful thinking.

I'm sure that if we all have a suspect in mind, they have one too times 100.

...tick tock! Praying it's soon. Justice for our Jennifer!!

Jen was missing for 11 weeks, and her body was discovered almost 3 weeks ago now. So it has been a long time that she has been gone, but not so long since they've found her. (Feels like an age!)

Guess it could be 5 more weeks or so till tox is completed ....

yes ,yes and yes, what botherd me from the start
her father found the car, on rt 23, 4 DAYS LATER on only one of two routes back to town.
it set there four 4 days. police turn around in that parking lot everyday!!!!
and set at a speed trap across the street angled at that PARKING SPOT!!!!.
with the tag readers installed on the trunks i cant see a all points bulletin was ever put out.
there is much to indacte this case was never approached correctly...imo
and still as of today no new infromation from LE or media

Just jumping off your post, Cjwoods...

could LE have known the location of the van... Had been watching it... To see WHO found the van eventually...

To watch for behavior of the person who discovers the van?

Is this something LE would do...?

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members