GUILTY NY - Joan Diver, 45, Clarence, 29 September 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://tinyurl.com/jmh9sK

Who ain't tellin the truth here. My bet is on the husband. Also, in his statement (or his attorneys) to the media, it states that they (LE) have his home computer. Well, the guy is a Prof at the University of Buffalo...think maybe they have a few computers hanging around there? Where is the "Doh!" icon when you need it...

The search still bothers me too. LE searched the area where she was found Twice! I believe with DOGS! and they found nada. Then a friend finds her after the police had scaled back the search?

Somethin' still rotten here.

Danstang said:
http://tinyurl.com/jmh9sK

Who ain't tellin the truth here. My bet is on the husband. Also, in his statement (or his attorneys) to the media, it states that they (LE) have his home computer. Well, the guy is a Prof at the University of Buffalo...think maybe they have a few computers hanging around there? Where is the "Doh!" icon when you need it...

The search still bothers me too. LE searched the area where she was found Twice! I believe with DOGS! and they found nada. Then a friend finds her after the police had scaled back the search?

Somethin' still rotten here.

Your tinyurl link doesn't work. I hope they have thought about other computers he had available to him.

I for one would be very interested to see if they have found the key in the car, as well as the position of the drivers seat. They are pretty tight lipped about what they found in the car. I'm getting the feeling that she was moved, explaining why she hadn't been found by LE when she was only 20 feet or so off the path.

Of course this is Erie County Sheriffs we are talking about here. The same county that let good ol' Bucky escape from jail using a can opener...

My area has been under a state of emergency for the last two weeks,I had no power for 10 days,of course everything in my house is electric,and the night temperatures had gone down into the 30's,so it was a challenge,to say the least.

So ... because of the emergency,I could not keep up on the investigation of Joan Diver,does anyone know if there's been any updates?

No info at all since the storm. No one's talking and I've heard that the people that the Sherriff's have talked to have been asked not to talk to the media.

Thanks for the update Danstang.No talking to the media ... I wonder what that's all about?

I did go back through the paper ....I only found Alan Pergament's(Buffalo News) article about Scott Levin (Ch. 2) covering the case ....he lives near the bike path. I think it was either 10/13 or 10/16...that's all the info I have seen...

The storm really wore me out...I'm so tired of reading "closings"!!.....

susiebond

They quickly mentioned the Diver case on the news today,nothing much. Because of the storm it was put on the back burner,and Mr. Diver is concentrating on his family.They had a friend of the Divers'on.he repeated that Mr.Diver is concentrating on the family and also that Mr. Diver hopes the bike path will be safe again for bike riders.

Now ...maybe I'm being a bit skeptical. I can understand concentrating on the family at this time,but the last thing I'd be concerned with is hoping the bike path will be safe for other cyclists.I hate to admit it,but my hinky meter is running high concerning Mr. Diver. I hope I'm wrong.

According to the noon news, DNA testing results point to the person or persons known as "the Bike Path Rapist". The DNA evidently matches that of someone who has committed rape/attack/murder here dating back about 20 years.

UB student Linda Yalem was attacked and killed on the bike path some 20 years ago, and at least 9 rapes and attacks have occurred linked to that murder in the years since.

So, evidently we do need to be concerned with safety on that bike path. And other isolated locations. The attacks did not all happen on a bike path, but the first known case gave the perpetrator that name.

Thank you so much wasaga; I am so glad it isn't the husband I also feel really bad for him and his family. Prayers are with them, that they can move on with the grief process. mom3dd

Katherine Krier just had a segment about the bike path rapist. They say dna shows that he is more than 50% native american and a little bit caucasian. No word on what on the rest of the percentages. One idea is that he may no longer be able to rape since the last victim was not raped but they warn that he will strike again.

Here is her murderer:

Altemio Sanchez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Altemio C. Sanchez is an American serial killer who murdered at least three women and raped at least 14 others in and around Buffalo, New York, over a span of 25 years (1981–2006). He is also known as The Bike Path Rapist. His victims were: Linda Yalem, a sophomore at the University at Buffalo who was killed September 29, 1990;[1] Majane Mazur, murdered in November, 1992; and Joan Diver, who was murdered on September 29, 2006,[2] and whose body was found on a bike path in Newstead, New York, on October 1, 2006. The killer acquired the nickname because many of his crimes took place near secluded bike paths. On May 16, 2007, Sanchez pleaded guilty to the murders of Linda Yalem, Majane Mazur, and Joan Diver.[3]"

I suspect I had an encounter with him on the Amherst Bike Path in the early 2000's. The path was full of signs saying not to jog alone, but over ten years had passed since the last confirmed murder, so I jogged and cycled alone there all the time. One day in the late morning or early afternoon on a weekday (his favorite times), a man on a bicycle was stopped just off the path and I ran past him. He glared at me as though furious. He was wearing a bike helmet and dark clothing, which made me think he was a plainclothes policeman (it was hot out). However, I found out later that Sánchez wore dark clothing to cover any blood stains, and a helmet to obscure his identity. There were no plainclothes police assigned to the bike path. Sánchez would stalk the path on his bike to locate a victim, then ride ahead of her and stash the bike. I was lucky that I was headed toward the parking lot when he saw me. From his face, I can imagine what his poor victims saw as he killed them. Total rage that makes you think, "I have no right to be here." And the he takes your life.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking
Back