Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reverse gay panic defense?

After reviewing the victim's social media profiles, I did not conclude that he was gay.

However the NY Post article mentioning

leads me to believe that the issue that led to the killing is more likely an issue related to cocaine [or meth]. Possibly a financial issue [money owed](?)... And in order to avoid additional charges for distribution [or similar] the accused manufactured this rejection leads to murder story...

With all due respect, I got the definite vibe that he was gay. He was exceptionally good-looking and fit. There are no photos of him with women, only groups of other handsome and fit men. I could be wrong, of course. And it doesn't matter, anyway.

I can almost guarantee the defense is going to be that Joe rejected their advances and HE is the one who became violent as a result, and the two guys were just defending themselves.

The jacked up part is, with the money seemingly at Jimmy whatever-his-name-is' disposal, they might have been able to sell that defense if they'd just called the cops afterward rather than getting rid of the body.

Maybe not if there were other witnesses (which I'm not sure if there were), I dunno.

VIDEO: Interview with father of Joseph Comunale
http://westchester.news12.com/news/video-interview-with-father-of-joseph-comunale-1.12629197

I actually think that while drugs were an exacerbating factor, Joey was stabbed out of jealousy. If James saw his hold on Jeffrey or another key paramour being threatened, considering his past, I can totally see him flipping out and stabbing someone to protect that lifestyle.

Exactly! Thank you HC.

I'm not seeing an immediate connection with the links to old articles you posted. Can you give me a hint of what you're thinking?

Sorry, posted it off topic, just trying to remember the case above.

Video of James Rackover leaving precient after being charged.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154209778809091&id=31160214090

5edc06eb0b72261bb7d11a76ee40edc8.jpg
920055a5eb3e2edb147de25ccf87d020.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I actually think that while drugs were an exacerbating factor, Joey was stabbed out of jealousy. If James saw his hold on Jeffrey or another key paramour being threatened, considering his past, I can totally see him flipping out and stabbing someone to protect that lifestyle.

Or he may have been drugged, coerced and resisted it. Passes out, compromising videos, wakes up, objects, fight ensues... but I doubt he brought it on, he got caught up with schmucks, I'm guessing.

The thing I don't get is going through the trouble of going so far to bury him and then just dumping the sheets in the building's garbage disposal? They may have expected not have any suspicion of Joey being with them to ever come back on them. Why would they think that? Why would they think nobody would know Joey left with them or make the link? Why would they think his phone wouldn't be traced to their building?

This was just chance that LE saw him going into the building, so why were the culprits betting against that chance, leaving the sheets in their own building's garbabge?

Thanks again, Spells, for this.

Nov 16, http://westchester.news12.com/news/video-interview-with-father-of-joseph-comunale-1.12629197

Joseph Dad's heartbreaking statement, grateful to LE, surrounded by "Joey's" many friends. "He didn't go looking for trouble." A was a very kind good well loved person, life of the party, never in trouble, this doesn't happen to kids like this, giving LE time. He was one of kind, such a good heart-ed kid. It wasn't right. Justice for Joey.

Poor man...everyone wants to go to parties in NYC at his age. Wonder what the hell happened.

You are so right. This young man is from my hometown and played hockey with my nephew. I have boys around the same age and they are always wanting to go into the city.
I always tell them to never leave from the group you came with. You just don't know the evil that lurks.

RIP Joey :(

I can almost guarantee the defense is going to be that Joe rejected their advances and HE is the one who became violent as a result, and the two guys were just defending themselves.

The jacked up part is, with the money seemingly at Jimmy whatever-his-name-is' disposal, they might have been able to sell that defense if they'd just called the cops afterward rather than getting rid of the body.

Maybe not if there were other witnesses (which I'm not sure if there were), I dunno.

Yes, the cover-up is what will get them. Hard to claim it was defensive when you drive a dead body 50 miles, burn it, and bury it.

Or he may have been drugged, coerced and resisted it. Passes out, compromising videos, wakes up, objects, fight ensues... but I doubt he brought it on, he got caught up with schmucks, I'm guessing.

The thing I don't get is going through the trouble of going so far to bury him and then just dumping the sheets in the building's garbage disposal? They may have expected not have any suspicion of Joey being with them to ever come back on them. Why would they think that? Why would they think nobody would know Joey left with them or make the link? Why would they think his phone wouldn't be traced to their building?

This was just chance that LE saw him going into the building, so why were the culprits betting against that chance, leaving the sheets in their own building's garbabge?

Thanks again, Spells, for this.

Nov 16, http://westchester.news12.com/news/video-interview-with-father-of-joseph-comunale-1.12629197

Joseph Dad's heartbreaking statement, grateful to LE, surrounded by "Joey's" many friends. "He didn't go looking for trouble." A was a very kind good well loved person, life of the party, never in trouble, this doesn't happen to kids like this, giving LE time. He was one of kind, such a good heart-ed kid. It wasn't right. Justice for Joey.

BBM.

My guess is they assumed no one who actually knew Joey would know that Joey was with them. That makes me think they really did just meet that night for the first time.

And they might not have had any idea that Joey came from a family who cared and noticed when he didn't arrive home.

They were also like drug-addled as well.

jmopinion

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-partying-revealed-ADOPTED-jeweler-stars.html

From the dailymail article...

He was born James Beaudoin in Florida and has been arrested multiple times for burglary, armed robbery, and drug possession
He was also sentenced to six years in prison after taking a plea deal following his arrested for a 2009 robbery
It is not known how long he spent behind bars, but some time after he met jeweler-to-the-stars Jeffrey Rackover at a health club
James moved to New York and into Jeffrey's multimillion dollar apartment, later changing his name to Rackover

Ok so, I'm not getting the "father/son" vibe here. I'm getting more the "kept boy/sugar daddy" vibe from what I have read. Am I misreading?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-partying-revealed-ADOPTED-jeweler-stars.html

He was born James Beaudoin in Florida and has been arrested multiple times for burglary, armed robbery, and drug possession
He was also sentenced to six years in prison after taking a plea deal following his arrested for a 2009 robbery
It is not known how long he spent behind bars, but some time after he met jeweler-to-the-stars Jeffrey Rackover at a health club
James moved to New York and into Jeffrey's multimillion dollar apartment, later changing his name to Rackover

Ok so, I'm not getting the "father/son" vibe here. I'm getting more the "kept boy/sugar daddy" vibe from what I have read. Am I misreading?
SABBM

Hmmm...
One would think Stackover could have looked up this James' criminal record-- wasn't he worried about inviting such a person to live with him ??
:moo:

SABBM

Hmmm...
One would think Stackover could have looked up this James' criminal record-- wasn't he worried about inviting such a person to live with him ??

From what I understand, he took a troubled young man under his wing and tried to help him. Probably hooked him up with the modeling gig. Helped him get a job.

It's a bizarre set up moving a stranger to move into your apartment and then them changing your name to yours. The Jeweller most likely regrets his decision and being associated with this horrific tragedy. It must be awful to know someone who has committed an awful crime like this especially when it is carried out in an apartment you own.

From what I understand, he took a troubled young man under his wing and tried to help him. Probably hooked him up with the modeling gig. Helped him get a job.

RSBM

If so... what a way to repay his benefactor !!

Could the women have been pawns? Sounds like they all met at the club. Maybe Joey was interested in one of the women - that's why he left w the new group and not his friends who he originally went into the city with. Woman says my friends are headed to James' apt to continue partying. everyone was having a good time. The woman decide to leave - Joey, a gentleman, walks them out (or the one he was interested in to show he was into her, good guy, etc) but decides to stay behind since he is in no shape to drive home to CT and probably felt he made good friends in James and Lawrence. So he decides to crash at James' then they or just James make a sexual advance on Joey and he flips/reacts. The argument ensues (heavy words exchanged) and BC of the drugs James gets violent/bezerck and starts stabbing him. Maybe Lawrence awakens maybe he participates. They throw him out the window to get the body out of the apt hence broken pelvis? Just a horrible, horrible act of violence.

The fact that the group arrived at 4am and the victim left at some point and returned at 7:30am leads me to think that it's probable that this was a drug deal gone very, very bad (think Michael Alig aka Party Monster).

On another note: Based on the latest description of James' apartment, this claim by Jeffrey Rackover didn't seem credible:
'Jeffrey went to sleep on Saturday night, then at 10am he went down to Jimmy's apartment to walk to dog. The place looked fine.'

Source:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...der-treated-like-son-giving-name.html?0p19G=e

Close to home for me... young sons, hockey, wanting to live the life, Stamford CT. No matter the reason that this young man ended up in the apartment, he didn't deserve to die. Young people need to know that you can't trust anyone. A party too good to be true is probably too good to be true. There is a lot of privilege out there and a belief that one is owed something for providing access. I hope his family finds peace.

I have feeling we will hear "Eyes Wide Shut" stuff about this scenario but this was just an innocent young man out for a good time among people he felt were rising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper