Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness our justice system relies on evidence presented in the courts, not what is reported (and more than often misreported) in newspapers.

If they were already on Dilione's tail by Monday and James wasn't arrested until Wednesday or Thursday (fuzzy) that says a lot to me.

They snapped into action, analyzed surveillance tapes and hunted down Dilione's phone number??

Why didn't they just go knock on Rackover's door!? Duh!! Since they proclaim seeing him load 5 duffle bags, a backpack and two suitcases and oh! the Mercedes that was being loaded was right in the parking garage.

Silly them, they did it all the hard way, in spite of James being "caught on tape"

The NY and Connecticut cops shouldn't have had to go sniff out Dilione in Oceanport and browbeat a confession out of him. I mean the tapes are how they found him, right? Sooo? What does that tell us? Imo

My main question is, why are simple actions like when he was reported missing, discovery, exact time and place Larry was arrested all so FUZZY?? IMO

It seems like you are very vested in this case. I have followed and do not think the details are fuzzy at all. Would you like timeline of events? It seems like when someone offers to clear up a discrepancy you simply do not believe them, even when they provide MSM links. Not trying to offend, but people are doing their best to clear things up.

JC was murdered in the small apartment. James was there. JD was there. MG we are not sure. I don't know how one can dispute this with the articles that have been published on MSM.

RIP JC

Sorry my comment was referencing this comment! That last line. This forum moves so fast! Not sure where I was going with that except If that's true this case was moving very fast from the very beginning and one would think if you were disposing a body and got a call about said person around the same time you would be freaking out and feel caught already!

i must've missed that sorry! i had to go back and regoogle - www.pressreader.com/usa/new-york-daily-news/20170118/281629599972135 ( and I only saw that statement once )

HOWEVER if that's true.... I do think it's interesting and (like u suggest!) prob would have someone (i.e. "LD") freak out for sure! scenario: Connecticut detective call during the coverup,
:copcar: ... next contacted by NYPD not too long after - with whatver evidence they had on him - he may have thought he was busted for sure (IMO)... could've contributed to him 'cracking' or whatever he did when he started talking fo the NY detectives (giving details of "burial site", etc)...but all my own speculation

on a different note though... i would love to learn about these "court papers" that so many articles generically site as source (and unbelievably contradict each other with at times!) . might be a silly question to the law pros on the board, but.. i wonder how one can access these court papers (ie. where are they ? publicly accessible? media only? opra request required ? etc...) ill do some research

Thank goodness our justice system relies on evidence presented in the courts, not what is reported (and more than often misreported) in newspapers.

AGREED! or even worse, what is speculated by commenters :whoosh:and message boarders, lol :biggrin:

If someone is charged with the murder and "If I were a juror on this case" with the only evidence of the murder itself that we know of so far being the confession of LD , which may or may not be admissible in court for prosecution, I don't think I could find any of the 3 guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Which that being said, if any of the 3 decide to talk, which I doubt they will, It still would not give me enough evidence to find one or all of them guilty as they are all liars. I also don't think any of the 3 will talk as it won't give them a lesser sentence as they are basically admitting to accessory to the murder (not contacting 911, the coverup etc). That is also a stiff charge and basically the same as murder.

For the Connecticut cop to say that, about him being in the process of burying Joey, it had to have been Monday. They might have used GPS to track him in the vicinity of the body in Oceanport. I guess they didn't elaborate on that because it might poke holes in the NY dog sniffing scene with the car.

Why did the cops wait so long to question James? They just showed up and arrested him, no explanation. My point being, if Dilione was detained for two days, why didn't he name him as the murderer and why wouldn't they have gotten right over to The Sutton??

My other point being that fingering James might have been a concocted afterthought. Imo

Also, could that be why he was shuffled between two police stations? One in NJ and the other in NY They stated another man was present and admitted to knowing where the body was and we know that wasn't James.

The mention of this Connecticut cop phone call may come back to haunt them, plus it's the first we're hearing of it, well me anyway. Imo

"If I were a juror on this case" with the only evidence of the murder itself that we know of so far being the confession of LD , which may or may not be admissible in court for prosecution, I don't think I could find any of the 3 guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Which that being said, if any of the 3 decide to talk, which I doubt they will, It still would not give me enough evidence to find one or all of them guilty as they are all liars. I also don't think any of the 3 will talk as it won't give them a lesser sentence as they are basically admitting to accessory to the murder (not contacting 911, the coverup etc). That is also a stiff charge and basically the same as murder.

They haven't been charged with murder, so a bit difficult for a juror to find them guilty of that charge.

jmo

The NY and Connecticut cops shouldn't have had to go sniff out Dilione in Oceanport and browbeat a confession out of him. I mean the tapes are how they found him, right? Sooo? What does that tell us? Imo

it appeared (to me at least) that LDs face-to-face "conversations" with police were in NYC - not NJ.
likewise - i believe his arrest was also in NY - some supporting exhibits below:

re: video of LD handcuffed with NYC investigators walked out of 13th precinct NYC - http://abc7ny.com/video/embed/?pid=1613049 (hope link works)

and

re: arrest record
attachment.php

also i would have to go find the clips, but i thought that the individuals contacted by the police were FIRST identified by Mr C and/or JCs friends ( meaning they knew who he went out with - to start - that evening) and then the PD worked through the chain of events to speak to all possible witnesses or poi's) to me it is plausible that this was how they first contacted LD early on, and possibly before they even went to the Grand Sutton. if the CT PD did in fact contact LD at that point (during cover up) i think it would be while JC was being treated as a missing person (hence CT involvement) a not a victim of a nypd murder (when the nypd was primary investigators) (my speculation)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 88
They haven't been charged with murder, so a bit difficult for a juror to find them guilty of that charge.

jmo

My bad. Yes, I guess I should have posted if or when. I don't think they have enough to charge anyone with the murder at this point.

it appeared (to me at least) that LDs face-to-face "conversations" with police were in NYC - not NJ.
likewise - i believe his arrest was also in NY - some supporting exhibits below:

re: video of LD handcuffed with NYC investigators walked out of 13th precinct NYC - http://abc7ny.com/video/embed/?pid=1613049 (hope link works)

and

re: arrest record
attachment.php

also i would have to go find the clips, but i thought that the individuals contacted by the police were FIRST identified by Mr C and/or JCs friends ( meaning they knew who he went out with - to start - that evening) and then the PD worked through the chain of events to speak to all possible witnesses or poi's) to me it is plausible that this was how they first contacted LD early on, and possibly before they even went to the Grand Sutton. if the CT PD did in fact contact LD at that point (during cover up) i think it would be while JC was being treated as a missing person (hence CT involvement) a not a victim of a nypd murder (when the nypd was primary investigators) (my speculation)

You are correct, LD was at both the 13th and 17th precincts in NYC

I also am in line with you about the sequence of events, speculation or not it just makes the most sense

shifting gears... found a useful site with court case specific details. not sure if this has been the case all along (?) but i didn't realize that one of the def's has an appointed (18-B) atty. just an observation
attachment.php

( https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/AD1/Committees&Programs/18B/index.shtml )

Great observation! I don't remember if it's been that way all along because I've only checked on the appearances and charges.

Curious about this now...

I may have screen shots from the beginning, I could have SWORN it was private retained

@TeenaNJ You're great at finding stuff!

I remember distinctly hearing Pat C and the Cop say that it was Pat's excellent sleuthing of the tapes that led them directly to the suspect, almost immediately (I'm guessing Dilione) If it wasn't the tapes that busted him, they would still be questioning the Gilded Lily patrons.Imo

I don't think I can find the video footage, but Pat stayed in my mind and I was really listening to him.

This case involved the whole tri-state area. Pat C reported him missing in Connecticut, he was brought to NJ and it occurred in NY. Probably got confusing jurisdiction wise.

I'm thinking if he was there for 40 hours and he stated he might actually be burying him as they spoke, that leads me to believe he was arrested in NJ, hence the two police department reference by his lawyer. Just by the time frame, but what do I know, lol

It's also strange how long it took for him to be arrested, I think it was the same time as James IIRC. I don't see why he would go back to NY in the hours following the trip to NJ, plus he was brought in for the forty hour interrogation which would put it at Monday sometime, I'm guessing .. Why we have to guess is why we are all so frustrated MOOO mad cow!

Now that I think about it, I don't think that ever came up. I remember talking about James' lawyer only.

My bad. Yes, I guess I should have posted if or when. I don't think they have enough to charge anyone with the murder at this point.

Not that they've released to the public. Most of the records have been sealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper