Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know that for sure though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...yc-party-slay-article-1.2917906?client=safari

Dilione’s lawyer, Michael Pappa, confirmed his client had lawyered up early on.

-we don't know exactly when. Early on could be before he was even brought in (which I thought I saw something stating that but I can't find a link), or anytime up until LD contacted them while in custody.

I have a feeling this may be addressed next week when he appears in court on 1/31

ETA: I took the (realll) out of my original post, keep it to what was actually stated that way it's not confusing.

I feel James DIDN'T do it. He just became an easy Patsy to blame it all on. They are trying to bend the evidence to fit the crime, such as using old footage of James loading HIS possible FORMER Mercedes. He got a DUI and probably no longer owns a car

Snipped and BBM

That is a HUGE and serious accusation of law enforcement misconduct. And I don't believe it for a second.

jmopinion while awaiting evidence to be presented in court

These statements are not facts:

I think LE promised Dilione total immunity if he coughed up where the body was. I also don't think he had legal counsel at that time.

He was most likely sleep deprived, hungover and and very shaken up. He just figured "they got me" which they did. They probably showed him the video of him taking the bags out of the basement. We know they didn't beat it out of him.

I also feel Gemma is on that footage, in the basement retrieving the bags, etc. Again, the trash chute is accessible from the 32bd floor also.

I feel that one of the key players who's hiding in the wings, is way more involved than previously reported. I think the evidence and "people in the know" such as Police, Residents and definitely CSI are becoming insurmountable and all will eventually be brought to light.

I FEEL JAMES DIDN'T DO IT. He just became an easy Patsy to blame it all on. They are trying to bend the evidence to fit the crime, such as using old footage of James loading HIS possible FORMER Mercedes. He got a DUI and probably no longer owns a car

I feel that's why the luggage description keeps changing. The only real evidence is Dilione and possibly Gemma carrying the bags from the basement to the car.

I also feel all bloody sheets, towels were brought to the burial spot. I DO FEEL JAMES IS TOTALLY BEING RAILROADED AND IT'S SICKENING.. IMOO

BBM

I take offense to the above bolded statements and for that matter most of what you've said.

You are allowed to have your opinion and post them, that's a fact! However you are completely throwing the FACTS of the case, that we currently know, out the window.

I can't recall in any of the cases I followed someone "rooting" for the person jailed for committing the crime we are sleuthing.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...yc-party-slay-article-1.2917906?client=safari

Dilione’s lawyer, Michael Pappa, confirmed his client had lawyered up early on.

-we don't know exactly when. Early on could be before he was even brought in (which I thought I saw something stating that but I can't find a link), or anytime up until LD contacted them while in custody.

I have a feeling this may be addressed next week when he appears in court on 1/31

ETA: I took the (realll) out of my original post, keep it to what was actually stated that way it's not confusing.

Yes you're right... he did confirm. Sorry, I'm clearly confusing myself, but thank you for taking out the "realllll" because that too made things more clear! [emoji846]

BBM

I take offense to the above bolded statements and for that matter most of what you've said.

You are allowed to have your opinion and post them, that's a fact! However you are completely throwing the FACTS of the case, that we currently know, out the window.

I can't recall in any of the cases I followed someone "rooting" for the person jailed for committing the crime we are sleuthing.

Donna, I think what everyone is trying to say is that your statements just seem a little out there considering what we do know. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, for sure, but your personal argument has more validity if at least half of it consists of confirmed facts, and the other half proposed theory... sometimes, in your descriptions, more of your arguments seem to be based on speculation after speculation that further deviate away from what we have confirmed as truth, with your final statement presenting a shock value leaving others scratching their heads... such as the one above. Needless to say, you have quite the imagination, and I can very much identify with your passion!

Guys, she's merely implying that the system isn't perfect, it's not the first time someone has been wrongfully accused and sent to prison for a crime they didn't commit, nor will it be the last and this is just another angle she wishes to consider when evaluating the case. Donna, I too believe that something like what you described is possible (police misconduct and evidence being misconstrued), but given what we do know so far, I just don't think this scenario is one of those ...

"The court papers also reported that a Connecticut detective reached Dilione by phone at the same time that he was likely disposing of the battered and burned body."

This stands out to me. I think we all agree that the suspects buried the body sometime after 6pm Sunday night. So on Sunday night this was already an active investigation? Don't people have to be missing longer before you can even file a missing persons report?

This is always what I thought it to be. ..

Oxford Dictionary -
FACT: A thing that is known or proved to be true
The truth about events as opposed to interpretation

I decided to look up its actual definition. In this case so far, I feel we've been given only statements and interpretation.

For instance, calling Larry a cooperating witness and partygoer, doing the right thing and leading them to the body.

When they already knew he drove him there and buried him.

That was a fact that got twisted

I pulled up the article of him stating he drove his Mercedes, from reputable news sources quoting the facts LE gave to the NY Daily News in that phase and time of the investigation.

That was a defining moment for me to lose all trust in what was being told to me.

I'm not going to drone on, again, about the suitcases, duffle bags, bloody sheets, trash bags etc.etc., but if LE is basing their reports on FACTS and video footage, how are they ever changing. More faith and trust in the system lost.

The first report mentioned Joey rebuffed sexual advances being made and that's why he was killed

How did they get that information two minutes into the case, yet state it as fact.

I just decided to disregard everything told to me and laser in on what I really think happened. Is it really so shocking to think they would go to any length to protect who they want and throw the most obvious looking one under the bus? I personally don't think so.

I stated clearly that it was mere speculation, so would someone ask for a link?

Im sure others have dared to think outside the box on this and I'd honestly love to hear their thoughts. MOO

"The court papers also reported that a Connecticut detective reached Dilione by phone at the same time that he was likely disposing of the battered and burned body."

This stands out to me. I think we all agree that the suspects buried the body sometime after 6pm Sunday night. So on Sunday night this was already an active investigation? Don't people have to be missing longer before you can even file a missing persons report?

I'm not doubting you that this was reported but if you could provide a link

I can offer up some possible reasoning behind this. Pat, Joeys father, could have and more than likely contacted the police department in Connecticut where they live after not being able to get in contact with JC. JCs friends knew he was going to continue partying with LD and he even told them the address so the friends were probably in contact with Pat about all this.

Don't want to continue rambling on but it seems to me that Joeys father knew right away something wasn't right and acted on it.

All MOO and not even sure I answered anything you were asking

For instance, calling Larry a cooperating witness and partygoer, doing the right thing and leading them to the body.

I pulled up the article of him stating he drove his Mercedes, from reputable news sources quoting the facts LE gave to the NY Daily News in that phase and time of the investigation.
Donna, are you saying there is an article where Larry says he drove 'his' Mercedes as in Larry's own Mercedes? This is simply NOT true. The transit authority captured Jeffrey Rackover's plate numbers.

good question! PD can be convincing (i.e. "it'll be a lot better for you if you just cooperate", etc) but I agree with you - that MIGHT work for 4 hrs (on someone not thinking clearly on no sleep for days, after a coke binge / murder / multistate coverup)- but 40+hrs????

cant answer your question :dunno:just elaborating on ur comment with a related news reference / quote:

"A lawyer for Dilione, Michael Pappa, has said that potentially incriminating statements made by his client - including one that led to the discovery of the body - were taken illegally. He said his client had legal representation that had contacted the precinct at the beginning of Dilione's two day stint being shuffled between two station houses."
"While driving down from the East Side to the Jersey shore, Dilione answered a phone call from a police officer and casually denied any role in the killing.
“The last time I saw (Comunale) was when we walked the girls out around 7 a.m.,” Dilione reportedly said. “We put them in an Uber … Joey said he was going to to get cigarettes and I never saw him again.” ":liar:
WTH!

Sorry my comment was referencing this comment! That last line. This forum moves so fast! Not sure where I was going with that except If that's true this case was moving very fast from the very beginning and one would think if you were disposing a body and got a call about said person around the same time you would be freaking out and feel caught already!

This is always what I thought it to be. ..

Oxford Dictionary -
FACT: A thing that is known or proved to be true
The truth about events as opposed to interpretation

I decided to look up its actual definition. In this case so far, I feel we've been given only statements and interpretation.

That was a defining moment for me to lose all trust in what was being told to me.

I'm not going to drone on, again, about the suitcases, duffle bags, bloody sheets, trash bags etc.etc., but if LE is basing their reports on FACTS and video footage, how are they ever changing. More faith and trust in the system lost.

The first report mentioned Joey rebuffed sexual advances being made and that's why he was killed

How did they get that information two minutes into the case, yet state it as fact.

I just decided to disregard everything told to me and laser in on what I really think happened. Is it really so shocking to think they would go to any length to protect who they want and throw the most obvious looking one under the bus? I personally don't think so.

I stated clearly that it was mere speculation, so would someone ask for a link?

Im sure others have dared to think outside the box on this and I'd honestly love to hear their thoughts. MOO

For sure... right now, thinking outside the box is sometimes all we have considering what has been released to us.

The facts have changed quite a bit, but that's not necessarily on the part of LE, that's on the media outlets who might be messing up.. I mean, you just never know. Anything is possible right now....

Sorry my comment was referencing this comment! That last line. This forum moves so fast! Not sure where I was going with that except If that's true this case was moving very fast from the very beginning and one would think if you were disposing a body and got a call about said person around the same time you would be freaking out and feel caught already!

Ditto! About the thread moving so fast and about that call from LE... I keep repeating that statement about LD getting that call from the police and his response in my head, then, to make matters worse, I'm further disgusted when I think he may have been disposing of the body during that call...

I keep trying to analyze LD and JRs psychological profiles as criminals given what we've heard about their behavior before, during and after the crime, since that's also bugging me... but find that it's giving me a headache and not sure it's worth sharing any of my theories until we know more about the case, I don't want to be really off so I'll wait lol

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-partygoer-stabbed-15-times-article-1.2877608

Assistant District Attorney Antoinette Carter said:
*snip*
["Dilione is the last person who saw Joseph Comunale alive.”]

Is this a FACT garnered from his questioning? If so, doesn't that make HIM the murderer?imoo

From your posted link

<snip>

"One or both of these people committed a murder," Assistant District Attorney Antoinette Carter said during an arraignment late Thursday for Rackover Dilione. Both men were ordered held on $3 million bond.

"We're treating this case as a homicide. Both of these defendants were seen in the basement adjusting the surveillance camera. Dilione is the last person who saw Joseph Comunale alive.”

From the link you posted, but the statement from the ADA in its ENTIRETY. I think it's important to read the whole thing and not cherry pick one sentence out.

Pages and pages of babble about nothing while ignoring the most important thing the prosecutor said which reveals that he understands exactly why this killing occurred:

But prosecutor Peter Casolaro said Rackover is "still a very heavy cocaine user and is still deeply involved in drugs."

Source:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suspect-hofstra-grad-murder-cut-ankle-bracelet-article-1.2954516

Prosecutor Casolaro clearly knows what's up and that statement gives me complete confidence that he will not be afraid to reveal the uncomfortable truth about all involved when presenting his case to a jury.

"A heavy cocaine user and is still deeply involved in drugs" refers to two different things: the first part of the statement is about Rackover's use of drugs and the second half of the statement is about Rackover's role in the distribution of drugs.

Sometimes you have to step back and look at the big picture and have faith and confidence in the public servants who are prosecuting these matters.

It seems even on the topic of when Pat C reported Joey missing is fuzzy. Also, the time they went to the burial site after Larry confessed. Some reports say Wed. morning and others say Wed. afternoon.

So, I guess we count back the the 40 hrs from, say, Wed. morning to the point where Larry was so rudely detained for admitting to burying a body, was probably around midday Monday?? That really was fast!

When the Connecticut cop called, they alluded to Larry being with the body in Oceanport, so that must be where he was apprehended. How could the car have been back in NY???

Pat must have been going over the tapes late Sunday night into wee hrs Monday morning.

They stated the man with the trash bags was immediately taken into custody. So I guess that's adding up definitely to be Larry. If that's who the cops were phoning so early on.

Why wasn't James taken into custody for the supposed footage of him? How could James be wheeling around the luggage cart and be in the basement fiddling with the cameras and darting around? They also stated there were 2 men.

My main question is, why are simple actions like when he was reported missing, discovery, exact time and place Larry was arrested all so FUZZY?? IMO

Pages and pages of babble about nothing while ignoring the most important thing the prosecutor said which reveals that he understands exactly why this killing occurred:

But prosecutor Peter Casolaro said Rackover is "still a very heavy cocaine user and is still deeply involved in drugs."

Source:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suspect-hofstra-grad-murder-cut-ankle-bracelet-article-1.2954516

Prosecutor Casolaro clearly knows what's up and that statement gives me complete confidence that he will not be afraid to reveal the uncomfortable truth about all involved when presenting his case to a jury.

"A heavy cocaine user and is still deeply involved in drugs" refers to two different things: the first part of the statement is about Rackover's use of drugs and the second half of the statement is about Rackover's role in the distribution of drugs.

Sometimes you have to step back and look at the big picture and have faith and confidence in the public servants who are prosecuting these matters.

I happen to disagree... you're jumping to conclusions. JR being a heavy cocaine user doesn't solely imply why the killing occurred. It's a possibility yes, but to insinuate that the drug use is the most important part of why the crime occurred is speculation. There are other things to also consider too.. i.e the attempt to dismember JC...

From your posted link

<snip>

"One or both of these people committed a murder," Assistant District Attorney Antoinette Carter said during an arraignment late Thursday for Rackover Dilione. Both men were ordered held on $3 million bond.

"We're treating this case as a homicide. Both of these defendants were seen in the basement adjusting the surveillance camera. Dilione is the last person who saw Joseph Comunale alive.”

From the link you posted, but the statement from the ADA in its ENTIRETY. I think it's important to read the whole thing and not cherry pick one sentence out.

Ditto

Plus... just because someone was the last person to see someone alive, doesn't mean they were responsible for murdering them...

Open minds people.... based on fact without bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members