Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SUNDAY EVENING
James Rackover is seen leaving his apartment building on East 59th Street and placing a large duffel bag into the trunk of a black vehicle with tinted windows that was parked outside the building.

Police later identified the car as being a 2015 Mercedes Benz that's registered to Jeffrey Rackover - a friend of James who has became a father-figure to him and tried to help get him back on track in NYC after some criminal activity in Florida. James later took on Jeffrey's last name, though the two are not biologically related. Jeffrey lives in a different apartment in the same building.

9:45 P.M. SUNDAY
License plate readers indicate that the Mercedes traveled from the Upper East Side of Manhattan onto the FDR and through the Holland Tunnel to New Jersey.

3 A.M. MONDAY - NOV. 14
A little more than five hours later, a vehicle with the same license plate as the Mercedes is recorded coming back through the Holland Tunnel. It heads north on FDR Drive.

3:15 A.M. MONDAY
Surveillance video from a parking garage on East 58th Street in Manhattan shows where the Mercedes went next.

"I observed what appeared to be a black Mercedes, driven by defendant Rackover, enter the garage and park, after which I observed defendant Rackover leave the vehicle," the NYPD detective wrote in the complaint.

Forget whose car it was... who it was registered to (even though it's really hard to argue against who LE indicated the plates belong to)... the men could have even stolen a random car and it wouldn't matter...

the point is they were together when they both left to go get rid of JCs body...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in NY, I have optimum, I hate that they do this and don't allow people to read when not subscribed!

I don't know if we are allowed to post screen shots here..can anyone tell me if that would violate TOS?

ETA: screenshots of the motions filed on behalf of MG by Bederow

Thank you! No worries though ... it would have been cool to read what you guys were reading too :)

Pages and pages of babble about nothing while ignoring the most important thing the prosecutor said which reveals that he understands exactly why this killing occurred:

But prosecutor Peter Casolaro said Rackover is "still a very heavy cocaine user and is still deeply involved in drugs."

Source:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suspect-hofstra-grad-murder-cut-ankle-bracelet-article-1.2954516

Prosecutor Casolaro clearly knows what's up and that statement gives me complete confidence that he will not be afraid to reveal the uncomfortable truth about all involved when presenting his case to a jury.

"A heavy cocaine user and is still deeply involved in drugs" refers to two different things: the first part of the statement is about Rackover's use of drugs and the second half of the statement is about Rackover's role in the distribution of drugs.

Sometimes you have to step back and look at the big picture and have faith and confidence in the public servants who are prosecuting these matters.

I happen to disagree... you're jumping to conclusions. JR being a heavy cocaine user doesn't solely imply why the killing occurred. It's a possibility yes, but to insinuate that the drug use is the most important part of why the crime occurred is speculation. There are other things to also consider too.. i.e the attempt to dismember JC...

My apologies, I read your post too fast and was too quick to reply...

I still think, IMO, that JR being a heavy cocaine user doesn't solely imply why the killing occurred, that we could learn later on it was one of many reasons, or even had little to do with the crime (who knows? Anything is possible)... but I retract my statement about you jumping to conclusions.

I am also inclined to suggest that the prosecutor brought attention to JRs drug use to further highlight why he's a flight risk, perhaps not necessarily because it did or did not have anything to do with the crime itself. Cocaine use among young adults in NYC is so common, it's as common as having a beer...

Forget whose car it was... who it was registered to (even though it's really hard to argue against who LE indicated the plates belong to)... the men could have even stolen a random car and it wouldn't matter...

the point is they were together when they both left to go get rid of JCs body...

Right on....but it is important to get the few facts we know correct.

But yes, the big picture is that these guys transported JC's body and dumped it.

SUNDAY EVENING
James Rackover is seen leaving his apartment building on East 59th Street and placing a large duffel bag into the trunk of a black vehicle with tinted windows that was parked outside the building.

Police later identified the car as being a 2015 Mercedes Benz that's registered to Jeffrey Rackover - a friend of James who has became a father-figure to him and tried to help get him back on track in NYC after some criminal activity in Florida. James later took on Jeffrey's last name, though the two are not biologically related. Jeffrey lives in a different apartment in the same building.

9:45 P.M. SUNDAY
License plate readers indicate that the Mercedes traveled from the Upper East Side of Manhattan onto the FDR and through the Holland Tunnel to New Jersey.

3 A.M. MONDAY - NOV. 14
A little more than five hours later, a vehicle with the same license plate as the Mercedes is recorded coming back through the Holland Tunnel. It heads north on FDR Drive.

3:15 A.M. MONDAY
Surveillance video from a parking garage on East 58th Street in Manhattan shows where the Mercedes went next.

"I observed what appeared to be a black Mercedes, driven by defendant Rackover, enter the garage and park, after which I observed defendant Rackover leave the vehicle," the NYPD detective wrote in the complaint.

Thank you. Seems like this should have been settled by now.

Hmmm there are 3 apartments at the Grand Sutton listed on that affidavit.

4b,4c, 32b.

James', jeff's and?????

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/cou...mma-1.12984048

Lawdini, are you by any chance based in NJ? (Teena, I'm going to assume you are based on your username lol) because when I try to click on the link it won't allow me to read any of this because I'm in the city and my cable provider is Verizon Fios... You have to be an optimum subscriber to read the article... bummer

Any others who can access the link but aren't based in Jersey?

I'm in Manhattan & I can get it with Time Warner

I was wondering the same thing!

http://streeteasy.com/property/7841979-the-grand-sutton-4b

If you read the listing it says views of 58th, which would be the rear of the buidling.

ETA: the listing could be incorrect, I am not saying this is without a doubt that unit but that's just what I assumed

I noticed too, but was focused on one issue at a time at the moment. Sigh.

Anyway, I wonder if that apartment is on the doc because of the searches they did outside - perhaps they needed access to a balcony? Could it be that innocent - that the other tenant was not involved but his/her apartment was required to be accessed in the investigation?

IDK.

jmo

I know Joey's case has captured the interest of many locals (and others). There is an NYC missing person case that could use some attention on WS, if you're looking to put some sleuthing skills to work while we await more info about Joey's case.

52-yo Joan Viau went missing this week in the Bronx. Her son has been using her credit card and has been named a person of interest. Her car has been found with blood in it. LE also found blood in her home.

Please join the discussion: http://abc7ny.com/news/bronx-woman-goes-missing-after-leaving-for-doctors-appointment/1723466/

Was cause of death choking or stab wounds? Do we know? I don't remember reading about choking before this, how horrifying.
http://newjersey.news12.com/news/court-papers-filed-on-behalf-of-max-gemma-1.12984048

Cause of death was stabbing.
God only knows how much damage was done before the stabbing. The punching and kicking. it makes me sick every time I think about it.

"Middlesex County medical examiner performs an autopsy. The medical examiner determines that the cause of death was multiple stab wounds. The death is ruled a homicide."

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/timeline-surrounding-the-death-of-joseph-comunale-1.12639394

Works for me too, but it is taking an incredibly long time to load so I bailed. I'll rely on you guys to report the good stuff.

Ugh leave it to good old fios to be the only provider to not have access, typical lol

Does the document by any chance state JCs time of death? Does it provide any more details into the autopsy report?

Hi everyone, I am just wondering, does anyone have an opinion why the elder Rackover did not bond James out of jail? I would think he would want to talk to him, most likely privately? Does anyone know if he visits him in jail? I am assuming that the elder Rackover is still paying the rent on James' apartment, do we know this? I am really curious regarding the status of their relationship. He must be paying for his lawyer, or is the lawyer doing it pro bono? I am very interested in others opinions regarding this. How do we know that their relationship was on the rocks, was it because Jeffrey went to California and James went to the Hamptons for the summer. Maybe Jeffrey had business in California and he thought James would have more fun in the Hamptons. I am sure he must have financed the Hamptons interlude, no? Did James commute into the city, or did he no longer have that job Jeffrey got for him. Anyone's thoughts are welcome. Thank you. I'm sorry if any of these have been answered, I have read every page, but have not read every single newspaper article. Thanks, all. Katt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper