GUILTY NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fingers crossed that the interrogation will be deemed legal, though I'm worried about it. If the judge allows it, could that later be used for an appeal? I'm thinking it could.

This case is going to take years.

jmo

The guy had the right to remain silent. He chose to talk and lead detectives to the body.

So I don't understand why anything would be thrown out.

I'm not going to go into detail:

Dilione said he was set off by Comunale grousing to him, “James is bringing cocaine, I’ve got cigarettes, what the f–k are you bringing to the table?”

“ ... [Rackover] started to strangle him,” Dilione continued, adding he then hustled to get his sleeping friend, Max Gemma, out of the apartment. With Gemma gone, Dilione claims he and Rackover discussed disposing of the body. They were first going to dump the mangled remains in Brooklyn, but eventually settled on a marshy spot in Oceanport, NJ, where Dilione and Gemma grew up.

Dilione testified, he was wrapping the body and propped it on the window ledge of the fourth-floor apartment until he saw Rackover pull up. He then pushed the body out the window. It landed on the pavement, breaking Comunale’s pelvis.

Dilione said that while he and Rackover used steroids, that night they’d only taken cocaine and booze.

It’s not clear at what point in the night Comunale died.

Manhattan Supreme Court Judge Joseph Burke is expected to decide as early as [today] whether or not Dilione’s statements are admissible.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/12/murder-suspect-in-jeweler-to-the-stars-case-my-pal-did-the-killing/

The attorneys spoke yesterday:

Rackover’s lawyer suggested on cross-examination the police told Dilione he’d get a break if he blamed his buddy. “Cross-examination quickly revealed just how self-serving the finger-pointing was,” Robert Caliendo, one of Rackover’s attorneys said after the hearing.

Dilione’s lawyer, Michael Pappa, meanwhile suggested his client had nothing to hide. “Larry Dilione took the witness stand. He was placed under oath. He told the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth for better or for worse,” Pappa said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...rights-find-joseph-comunale-article-1.3870512

Appears to me that Dilione deserves to be facing the exact same charges that Rackover is. Just brutal

Looks like they are all back in court today....

Rackover:
Next Court Date: 13-MAR-2018

Dilione:

Momoffourboys said:

Darn.... another site I can't get into... I get this:
You got an error! Please close your web browser and try again.

So, you'll have to keep us updated on Max's hearing dates! :giggle:

Looks like they are all back in court today....

Rackover:

Dilione:

Darn.... another site I can't get into... I get this:
You got an error! Please close your web browser and try again.

So, you'll have to keep us updated on Max's hearing dates! :giggle:

Is this what you're looking for?

Screenshot_20180313-111835.jpg

HTH

I'm not going to go into detail:

Dilione said he was set off by Comunale grousing to him, “James is bringing cocaine, I’ve got cigarettes, what the f–k are you bringing to the table?”

“ ... [Rackover] started to strangle him,” Dilione continued, adding he then hustled to get his sleeping friend, Max Gemma, out of the apartment. With Gemma gone, Dilione claims he and Rackover discussed disposing of the body. They were first going to dump the mangled remains in Brooklyn, but eventually settled on a marshy spot in Oceanport, NJ, where Dilione and Gemma grew up.

Dilione testified, he was wrapping the body and propped it on the window ledge of the fourth-floor apartment until he saw Rackover pull up. He then pushed the body out the window. It landed on the pavement, breaking Comunale’s pelvis.

Dilione said that while he and Rackover used steroids, that night they’d only taken cocaine and booze.

It’s not clear at what point in the night Comunale died.

Manhattan Supreme Court Judge Joseph Burke is expected to decide as early as [today] whether or not Dilione’s statements are admissible.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/12/murder-suspect-in-jeweler-to-the-stars-case-my-pal-did-the-killing/

There is so much to unpack here.

Frankly it's difficult to believe as there is a false equivalency between cocaine and cigarettes (then again, when one is high I'd imagine that they might consider them to be equal; right?).

IMO James Rackover is a loser who wants to impress the others, with that in mind I could easily see him standing up for his friend but the idea that he would START his attack on a guy that is unconscious doesn't fit a guy who wants to impress others -- by throwing your first punch when the guy is unconscious you're not impressing anyone. I mean, frankly, anyone who did that would come across as pathetic, not impress anyone.

That being said. I think that when he was knocked unconscious, Dilione and Rackover realized that they were in deep stuff and there were lots of felonies in that apartment. I think that together they decided to kill him to make the problem go away. [Again, fits Rackover's personality in 2 ways: (1) He gets to impress a friend by being the fixer (2) Avoids him returning to jail and blowing up his spot in the Rackover "family" (if they are not caught).

I think that Rackover probably revealed some of his past issues to Dilione as they were trying to figure out what to do about the unconscious person. It would not surprise me if Dilione realized that since he's lived a relatively conflict-free life, he could pin the majority of the situation on Rackover (bc of his past).

If I were a betting man, I'd bet heavy on Dilione being responsible for beating Comunale unconscious and conspiring with Rackover on the decision to kill and throw away the body. I would also bet they took turns doing what was done in the bathtub and the frustrations Dilione spoke of were likely committed by him as well.

That's just my thoughts, I'm probably wrong :-)

'I saw the knife being pulled out of Joey's head': Murder suspect tells how adopted son of 'jeweler to the stars' killed Hofstra grad after a night of drug-fueled partying

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...star-jeweler-killed-friend.html#ixzz59emNLGaA
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Upon reading this about the face, I wanted to share this from page 266 of the book "Vulgar Favors" by Maureen Orth it states that according to Gregg McCrary, senior consultant of the Threat Assessment Group/former FBI Behavioral Sciences Unit:

"A killer's savaging of a victim's face indicates a "very personal" impetus, he says. "The destruction of the face is many times the personality of the victim -- they want to destroy the person outright."

What kind of people do this???
It really is beyond comprehension.
How can seemingly “average” losers commit such a savage horrible crime?

Not really looking for reply. I just can’t grasp this.

There is so much to unpack here.

Frankly it's difficult to believe as there is a false equivalency between cocaine and cigarettes (then again, when one is high I'd imagine that they might consider them to be equal; right?).

IMO James Rackover is a loser who wants to impress the others, with that in mind I could easily see him standing up for his friend but the idea that he would START his attack on a guy that is unconscious doesn't fit a guy who wants to impress others -- by throwing your first punch when the guy is unconscious you're not impressing anyone. I mean, frankly, anyone who did that would come across as pathetic, not impress anyone.

That being said. I think that when he was knocked unconscious, Dilione and Rackover realized that they were in deep stuff and there were lots of felonies in that apartment. I think that together they decided to kill him to make the problem go away. [Again, fits Rackover's personality in 2 ways: (1) He gets to impress a friend by being the fixer (2) Avoids him returning to jail and blowing up his spot in the Rackover "family" (if they are not caught).

I think that Rackover probably revealed some of his past issues to Dilione as they were trying to figure out what to do about the unconscious person. It would not surprise me if Dilione realized that since he's lived a relatively conflict-free life, he could pin the majority of the situation on Rackover (bc of his past).

If I were a betting man, I'd bet heavy on Dilione being responsible for beating Comunale unconscious and conspiring with Rackover on the decision to kill and throw away the body. I would also bet they took turns doing what was done in the bathtub and the frustrations Dilione spoke of were likely committed by him as well.

That's just my thoughts, I'm probably wrong :-)

I think you’re exactly right on all of your points. It makes no sense for rackover to have started in on him when he did unless something like that took place. And why were they so quick to push max out the door?

IMO JR couldn’t let LD be the “big man”. He had to join in and be even more
Aggressive. More savage. More brutal. To show what a tough guy he was.

What kind of people do this???
It really is beyond comprehension.
How can seemingly “average” losers commit such a savage horrible crime?

IMO JR couldn’t let LD be the “big man”. He had to join in and be even more
Aggressive. More savage. More brutal. To show what a tough guy he was.

Sadly, it is likely that cocaine + rage at something caused Dilione to beat Joseph Comunale unconscious.

Then the fact that Rackover is a historic loser and Dilione realizing he was in deep that resulted in a murder for selfish reasons of self preservation.

In regard to Rackover wanting to be the "big man," if Joseph Comunale was winning a fight with Dilione I totally agree that he would do something to be the "big man." However (and I recognize that I'm probably wrong about this), I have trouble believing that a guy who owes everything he has in his post-FL prison life in NYC to his ability to impress and woo others would think that brutalizing someone in a vegetative state would impress anyone. I think it was attempting to be the fixer and whatnot is what Rackover did to try to both impress and have Dilione indebted to him for life.

I keep thinking that if it's accurate, the comment of the Former FBI guy, in the passage I shared from the Orth book, that savaging the victims face signifying the desire to "destroy the person outright" would lead me to believe that the savaging of Joseph Comunale's face and the initial attack was over something other than not bringing anything to the party.

I think you’re exactly right on all of your points. It makes no sense for rackover to have started in on him when he did unless something like that took place. And why were they so quick to push max out the door?

If I had to guess Dilione wanted to protect Gemma -- maybe he was actually sleeping when things got crazy -- I don't know.
Would you agree that the reason to justify Gemma's exit would have to be something that Rackover would go along with?

If so, the only logical [I know, bad word to use when discussing the decision making process of two coked up steroid users] reason would be if he didn't see anything.

But apparently he did:
Gemma says Dilione then led him into Rackover’s bedroom, where he stayed “until Dilione told him to leave the apartment.”

“When Gemma left, Comunale was no longer on the living r​​oom floor and Rackover, who was standing in the bathtub, glared at Gemma,” who asked Dilione if he should worry “about Rackover harming him in light of what he witnessed,” court papers say.

So I have absolutely no clue why you would let Gemma leave -- I mean for goodness sake Gemma being gone only benefits Dilione as:

Color me clueless because letting Gemma leave and not compel him to help them makes absolutely no sense.

If I had to guess Dilione wanted to protect Gemma -- maybe he was actually sleeping when things got crazy -- I don't know.
Would you agree that the reason to justify Gemma's exit would have to be something that Rackover would go along with?

If so, the only logical [I know, bad word to use when discussing the decision making process of two coked up steroid users] reason would be if he didn't see anything.

But apparently he did:

So I have absolutely no clue why you would let Gemma leave -- I mean for goodness sake Gemma being gone only benefits Dilione as:

Color me clueless because letting Gemma leave and not compel him to help them makes absolutely no sense.

Exactly. Dilione must have some major hold over rackover for him to have let gemma go after he saw everything. All of this case is so screwed up.

Great posts HastingsChi!

So here's what I found on the court site:

Dilione:

Booking Information Incarceration 10-MAY-2017
Book & Case Number: 3101700494
Current Housing Facility: AMKC (Anna M. Kross Correctional Facility)
Arrest Date: 10-MAY-2017
Arrest Number: COURT DIRECT
Next Court Date: 13-APR-2018
Bail Status: remanded

Rackover (Traffic incident):

Booking Information Incarceration 18-NOV-2016
Book & Case Number: 3491612344
Current Housing Facility: MDC (Manhattan Detention Complex)
Arrest Date: 17-NOV-2016
Arrest Number: M16678484Q
Next Court Date: 14-MAR-2018
Bail Status: remanded

So, going to "assume" that the next hearing for Max & Rackover will also be April 13th.

Did the Judge make a decision yesterday on letting in these conversations??

TIA!

Thanks for this, Johnjohn and WTF?? I don’t know any of my friends ss#. Took me 20 years to remember my husbands. And if I was drunk... I wouldn’t even remember my own!!

An eerie 2016 text sent by a woman to her friend contained a picture of the suspected killer mere hours before he allegedly slayed a man in his Manhattan apartment.
The unnamed witness 'had a cellphone snap photo' of Lawrence Dilione, prosecutors claim during a pre-trial hearing in Manhattan's Supreme Court, the New York Daily News reported.
Along with the picture was a message containing his name, last four digits of his Social Security number and a note in case the she failed to 'make it home.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oftsra-grad-murder-suspect.html#ixzz59T3iPvWy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Dont believe everything you read from this site. Look at the bottom of the article. It says they put Dilione on the phone with Comunale's father which made him confess. Wrong person. No fact checking or at least proof reading before sending out. And how would she get the last 4 of his social??? Sounds bogus. If she knew him like that, she wouldnt need to send a pic of him to her friend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back