NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a tragedy. But I need to ask the questions that no one else is asking...
1.This young woman worked at a restaurant as a "caterer" according to news reports. However, she recently traveled to St Tropez and Spain and Greece. Those are expensive trips. Where did she get the money or were they paid by someone or did she have other income?
2. The father "returned to the scene of the crime" I think this will be scrutinized by LE
3. The young lady was 30 years old and living at home? I know this is not uncommon but I think this is a little strange, especially since she apparently had enough money to travel the world. I did read that the mother is suffering from an illness so that may be why she lives at home.
4.The father was on "disability" from FDNY for a back injury? Yet, he runs regularly with his daughter?
5. There have been statements in media that there was a rocky relationship with an ex boyfriend, however, we have not heard anything about that individual being questioned.
6. This may be the result of a vagrant or transient, however, this young lady is extremely physically fit. Maybe there was more than one perp?
I hope they solve this murder quickly.

I am in NO WAY BLAMING THE VICTIM, but why would anyone choose to run alone on this track? It seems there would be better and safer places other than one that was so secluded, narrow and hidden. Women have to try to minimize their risk in today's world because of the sick depraved idiots out there.

Read that she was very physically fit. I've seen in other cases where sometimes this gives IMO a false sense of security. Same was asked of why Mickey Shudnick would travel cross-town at 2AM home on her bicycle - she was also very fit, and carried pepper spray.... OT, when much younger wife and I would jog in not so great places at night after work... we though no one could catch us, and strong as a team -- looking back, not too smart...

I believe he had not been running w her as of late because he threw his back out. I don't think this is the only time she ran without him.

Karina Vetrano normally went running with her father along a popular jogging and bike path blocks from where she lived in the Howard Beach section of Queens.

But the 30-year-old was running alone Tuesday evening and didn't come home, New York police said.

Read more at http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/03/us/jogger-karina-vetrano-killed

BBM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curious that something happened to Karina the one time her father wasn't with her. Had someone along the path paid especial attention to her/stalked her and saw their opportunity when she was alone? Could it have been someone known to her who decided to meet her at the park when he found out she would be jogging alone? Did she announce on SM she would be jogging alone? Or is there a narrow group of friends she may have informed?

Very brutal!
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...trano-brutally-beaten-raped-article-1.2738297

Also:

>police believe a stranger was responsible
>broke up with her boyfriend just two days before
>spurned lover was quickly ruled out as a suspect after providing an alibi.
>dragged about 15 feet off the unpaved path
>fought desperately for her life with her attacker
>desolate stretch of Spring Creek Park

From what I've read today, this sadistic Monster may have raped before. They'll prob look for similar signature in the actual physical sexual assault. I think LE will find him.

Though she is in great shape, we don't know his size, weight, physical strength etc. Obvi he is predatory, extremely violent & very brutal . Most females would prob be no match for him.

<snip>

Police investigating the murder of a 30-year-old jogger in Howard Beach found a used condom and wrapper discarded near the desolate path where the woman&#8217;s body was found, sources said.

The potential evidence was discovered late Wednesday at the entrance to the dirt path near 159th Avenue and 78th Street.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/04/police-find-used-condom-near-body-of-slain-jogger/

Excellent!

"Investigators scouring the area for evidence or clues discovered a used condom on the trail, although it was unclear if the prophylactic was linked to the crime, another police source said."
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...trano-brutally-beaten-raped-article-1.2738297

Let's hope this has Karina's DNA on it so it can be linked to the crime. Please, please, please.

To me, this does have a "stranger" vibe to it. I've been to a similar park alone (not marshy, but isolated) and I sensed danger (hair on neck raised, goosebumbs). It suddenly realized how vulnerable I was. It was in my neighborhood, so I wasn't as cautious about going into an isolated area as I should have been. I think Karina probably felt the same way - the jogging trail was in her neighborhood so she felt familiar rather than fearful. I did have an encounter on my venture into the isolated section of the park, though THANK GOD it didn't result in violence. It scared me! I've been back to that place, but never alone. (And that makes me sad that I'm scared to go alone, but the spooky vibe and encounter is not something I want to re-live.)

Something about this case doesn't add up to me. Just a feeling of hinky-ness. Maybe just because the sheer randomness is too hard to process. Either way, I am so sorry for Karina, and hope she is resting peacefully.

It bothers me too, especially the timing, specifically from the time she left to how quickly she was missed, to then how even quicker she was found. I don't know why it bothers me, there are other things that bother me too.

IMO

This is a tragedy. But I need to ask the questions that no one else is asking...

1.This young woman worked at a restaurant as a "caterer" according to news reports. However, she recently traveled to St Tropez and Spain and Greece. Those are expensive trips. Where did she get the money or were they paid by someone or did she have other income?

3. The young lady was 30 years old and living at home? I know this is not uncommon but I think this is a little strange, especially since she apparently had enough money to travel the world. I did read that the mother is suffering from an illness so that may be why she lives at home.

Your post Snipped By Me

One look at the rents in NYC may reveal part of the reason she was still at home.

She may not have wanted to live with one or even more roommates at this stage in order to remain in NYC.

Additionally, she just earned her Masters in Speech Pathology at St. John's U in Queens which may be another reason.

The home may have a separate apartment for all we know.

Mother has cancer. Wants to be near her as you mentioned.

She enjoys living with the family and

Is able to spend her money traveling the world which she appears to be passionate about rather than on NYC rent.

Was not firmly planted in career yet, although appears Speech Pathologist was on the horizon. May have done some work in this part-time.

I left young and rented. My sibs did not. They placed down payments on homes when they did leave in their late 20s.

Your post Snipped By Me

One look at the rents in NYC may reveal part of the reason she was still at home.

She may not have wanted to live with one or even more roommates at this stage in order to remain in NYC.

Additionally, she just earned her Masters in Speech Pathology at St. John's U in Queens which may be another reason.

The home may have a separate apartment for all we know.

Mother has cancer. Wants to be near her as you mentioned.

She enjoys living with the family and

Is able to spend her money traveling the world which she appears to be passionate about rather than on NYC rent.

Was not firmly planted in career yet, although appears Speech Pathologist was on the horizon. May have done some work in this part-time.

I left young and rented. My sibs did not. They placed down payments on homes when they did leave in their late 20s.

Good points. Rents are crazy expensive in most parts of NYC, though I thought Karina did live in a separate place than her parents. ??

Anyway, I am a bit familiar with "old-school Brooklyn," which I guess might be similar to "old-school Queens." It's not uncommon for families to be very tight-knit, with children staying either with their parents into adulthood or staying very close to home, with their social circle comprising of mostly family. Even with outside friends, family is the center.

Also, young people without children are able to travel....that's what they spend their money on.

Perhaps something "hinky" will surface, but for now, I'm thinking "old-school" family closeness meets random act of violence.

JMOPINION at the moment.

<snip>

Police investigating the murder of a 30-year-old jogger in Howard Beach found a used condom and wrapper discarded near the desolate path where the woman&#8217;s body was found, sources said.

The potential evidence was discovered late Wednesday at the entrance to the dirt path near 159th Avenue and 78th Street.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/04/police-find-used-condom-near-body-of-slain-jogger/

I don't think this will be related to KV murder.

Also, I don't think hobos carry condoms.

Well, we don't know for sure yet if is related.

If it's not, then the perp's DNA will be directly on her.

Fingers crossed LE can find a match.

You may be right, Mom!

But I do think there are plenty of free condoms available in NYC incl to the homeless population.

Well, we don't know for sure yet if is related.

If it's not, then the perp's DNA will be directly on her.

Fingers crossed LE can find a match.

Wonder if there is a match, it's to other similar unsolved crimes, but not to a perp currently in the database.

This case was on NG here just now. A LEO said it might have been someone who watched her as she ran each day... amazingly, there are 1500 + RSO's in a 10 mile radius of where she was found ! That sounds like a mistake, but I swear that's what I heard. It's astonishing if true !

I'm kind of annoyed at some of the political correctness stuff flying around this case. It's made the front page of our main news site here in Australia, and a female reporter has echoed the usual 'don't blame the victim' connotations just because people are saying why would she have chosen to run in that isolated area.

What I don't understand is that in any other part of life - recreation, work, social, parenting - it is okay to discuss risk minimisation strategies, yet when it comes to women's safety, it is not. And if anyone dare suggest that there may be ways that women should protect themselves and reduce their risk, they are either jumped on as 'blaming the victim' or feel obliged to precede it with 'I'm not blaming the victim but...'. Why? Is it not sensible for any person (male or female) to reduce risk in their lives? It has nothing to do with blaming Karina when people say she probably shouldn't have gone running where she did alone. It's about knowing that the police CANNOT stop all the offenders in the community - this is a reality - so people need to make their choices based on this information. It's not about blame, it's about maybe encouraging others to make choices that might result in one less victim's name appearing in this forum or on the news.

I don't know, it just frustrates me that people can't talk openly about ways women (and men) can reduce their risk everyday without feeling shouted down by the media and other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar