NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense, but the media didn't post photos of her with her mom as a child even.

I'm not being snarky, just wondering. Why does that matter?
She was brutaly raped, beaten and murderd. We know her Mom is ill.

I realize there are raging lunatics in this world but to grab someone that quickly in broad daylight and drag them off to inflict that degree of brutality is a pathology all its own. That poor woman. This sounds like someone who was perhaps stalking or watching her. I wonder if it was another runner who was there simply to access a victim, and he had seen her previously. I would assume her father has been asked about anybody they ever saw near that area when out jogging.

Picture of "the weeds".... “People don’t really run in there,”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/06/nyregion/spring-creek-park-queens-karina-vetrano.html

-06joggingpath1-master768.jpg

Reporter on both updates this morning, indicated LE believes only one suspect is involved in this...only one person responsible for this.

That was before the shoe and earphones were found, in opposite directions, 60 feet from the body. Still could be one person, but I think it's worth considering a duo or group.

jmo

From the link I posted earlier. In both videos--one from 6 hrs ago and second from 8 hrs ago:

https://www.facebook.com/anthonyontv

Thanks - wished they would say why they believe it was one suspect. He also said they said she never saw it coming.... I'm skeptical.... seems so Central Park similar with all the brutality as well as her fighting back valiantly.

Please let's not sleuth her mom or family. :tos:

Not sleuthing mom. I just was sad not to see her photos on Nancy Grace. I do not think she had anything to do with her death.

I'm not being snarky, just wondering. Why does that matter?
She was brutaly raped, beaten and murderd. We know her Mom is ill.

Just an observation, why the media only chooses to show the photos with her dad only.

Thanks - wished they would say why they believe it was one suspect. He also said they said she never saw it coming.... I'm skeptical.... seems so Central Park similar with all the brutality..

Keep in mind that the Central Park rape was in fact committed by one person. Five were originally convicted, but a lone person confessed years later, and evidence matched his confession.

Can be just one who does the actual rape, while others hold the victim down or beat her...

yes, but for how long I wonder.
I thought it is odd no mentions are made of her, nor no family photos of her shown. I wonder why?
Just a curious thought. I thought at first her mom had already died. :(

Maybe not her bio mother ? (I don't know) but it is against TOS to sleuth family members so let's just leave it.

Can be just one who does the actual rape, while others hold the victim down or beat her...

My hunch at the moment is that there was more than one, and they all participated fully. Of course, one rage-filled person would also be capable, but it just feels like a group thing, who hunted her down when the opportunity presented itself.

jmopinion at the moment.

"The sneaker was discovered about 100 feet away from the remote spot where the 30-year-old’s battered body was discovered Tuesday night by her father, the sources indicated. The headphones from the victim’s iPhone were located about 30 feet from the edge of the pathway." http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...a-vetrano-manhunt-continues-article-1.2739756

Further info on where the items were found. I thought these were long distances to throw, but I've been corrected by a family member that the distances are reasonable. So, perhaps the items were thrown from the actual rape site, while I was thinking they were thrown will "on the run" after the crime.

jmo

<snip>

As a shortcut to a path popular with joggers and cyclists, they would cut through the little-used fire roads.

But Mr. Vetrano had recently injured his back. He urged his daughter to avoid the grassy lanes kept for firefighting access, which are remote..

...Near 79th Street, she ran into the refuge via one of the shortcuts. Some 40 yards in, she was attacked.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/n...vil-person-after-a-jogger-is-killed.html?_r=0

Perhaps this is why she was running in this very remote area, her dad ran there with her. Maybe her dad showed her the lanes, which are kept clear, and used for firefighting access. Hard to imagine anyone who didn't know of the existence of the lanes just randomly being there. jmo

My hunch at the moment is that there was more than one, and they all participated fully. Of course, one rage-filled person would also be capable, but it just feels like a group thing, who hunted her down when the opportunity presented itself.

jmopinion at the moment.

If just one, would have to be very strong, and confident... considering she was able to furiously fight back, too bad she couldn't break free and run - but not easy if more than one...
Considering locals say they don't go into "the weeds", could be group living in there, apart from homeless already interviewed... use of drone probably looking for campsite.. Seems very empty area for lone attacker to be waiting around... of course, could be local who knows she jogs there and was waiting for opportunity...
The rage stands out - would think if local there'd be prior confrontations with people..

Hopefully LE is checking emergency care offices for anyone needing medical attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member