NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned gang initiation only because I am a local and it is known to everyone around here that gangs frequent Spring Creek Park. It was just an opinion and thoughts on who could have commited this heinous crime. Spring Creek is known for drug deals/gang activity and dumping of bodies for drug deals that have gone wrong and gang revenge. Never said this was the reason she was killed. Only mentioned it to give a better outlook to non locals of who actually utilizes the "park". Honestly, Karina and her Dad have been the only ones I know of that actually goes running/jogging in there. It's technically not a park or a man made running path for runners.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gang initiation is an interesting theory. I was just reading that NYPD has not been questioning the homeless in the area of the trail very closely. That's telling. Perhaps they are concentrating on another theory altogether. jmo

There's an interesting mention in various news that there was a sect that sacrifice chicken in the weeds. I wonder if that plays a role or not. I'm sure LE, the experts have already factored that in though.

Those sacrifices and displays are not connected to crime, but to Santeria. I don't think there is any connection to Karina, just my opinion.

Those sacrifices and displays are not connected to crime, but to Santeria. I don't think there is any connection to Karina, just my opinion.

The Supreme Court has upheld the right of followers of Santeria to sacrifice chickens ; it's a recognized religion. I agree, there likely is no connection to K.'s murder. jmo

Gang initiation is an interesting theory. I was just reading that NYPD has not been questioning the homeless in the area of the trail very closely. That's telling. Perhaps they are concentrating on another theory altogether. jmo

Over here are from time to time rapes committed as a kind of gang initiation, mostly young men are involved in such rituals, but i never heared about a gang initiation where they killed the rape victim in the end.

Over here are from time to time rapes committed as a kind of gang initiation, mostly young men are involved in such rituals, but i never heared about a gang initiation where they killed the rape victim in the end.

I don't think that I have heard of one where the woman was killed, but here's one that comes pretty close. They say she was lucky to be alive because the rape was so barbaric. I know these guys were caught but just thinking maybe something similar. If I am not mistaken MS-13 has a strong presence in Queens.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/el-salvador-teen-gangsters-barbarically-rape-girl-in-n-y/

Hi Lauranyc83, I used to work on Maspeth Ave and my bus passed through Ridgewood. I am in Starrett City right by the Gateway Mall, I usually just say ENY because most people aren't familiar with Starrett. I have to say, there's a lot less crime in Ozone Park/Howard Beach than there is in my area so when I go to my mom's I usually have no fear whatsoever. I will walk down to Crossbay by myself at night and not think twice about it. Now I realize how dangerous that false sense of security could be but it really is the kind of neighborhood that makes you feel safe. I can completely understand how that isolated park was a happy place for Karina and how she went running with no fear even after she was told by her father not to go near the weeds alone.
I agree, I always felt as though Howard Beach was so much safer than my area. But now you never know. No matter how safe a place is, you still have to use caution. Btw- hi neighbor!

I don't think that I have heard of one where the woman was killed, but here's one that comes pretty close. They say she was lucky to be alive because the rape was so barbaric. I know these guys were caught but just thinking maybe something similar. If I am not mistaken MS-13 has a strong presence in Queens.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/el-salvador-teen-gangsters-barbarically-rape-girl-in-n-y/
The reason I thought gang initiation as a reason was because that is all I have ever known to frequent Spring Creek. As well as homeless men, transiets and drug dealers. When I first had that thougt it wasn't rape with intent to kill. I thought maybe it was a gang initiation gone wrong. She put up a fight so hard that the perp couldn't hold her down any other way than holding her kneck down, and accidentally killed her. Which if the condom did belong to him, then he wasn't prepared to run so quickly. He did have time to throw her sneaker and earbuds on opposite sides of the trail...so who knows. I am not leaning more towards a gang initiation. It was just a thought since, again, that's all i ever heard hung out in there as well as gangs dumping bodies in there.

I wake up and go to sleep thinking of Karina, so I guess that is why I had a dream they found her killer under the Crossbay Bridge. I woke up to reality that it wasn't true =(

On a side note-
I recall them saying she lived in Jamaica, Queens. But that is all I heard. Nothing about if she had a roommate or lived in an apartment or private house. I haven't seen any news cast over by Jamaica. That area can be a little sketchy. Good parts of Jamaica, and bad parts. I don't think it was someone who followed her to the park, they would have had to know exactly how to get in to avoid cameras. But I'm curious if they questioned anyone in her neighborhood. Maybe I missed this part.

I wake up and go to sleep thinking of Karina, so I guess that is why I had a dream they found her killer under the Crossbay Bridge. I woke up to reality that it wasn't true =(

On a side note-
I recall them saying she lived in Jamaica, Queens. But that is all I heard. Nothing about if she had a roommate or lived in an apartment or private house. I haven't seen any news cast over by Jamaica. That area can be a little sketchy. Good parts of Jamaica, and bad parts. I don't think it was someone who followed her to the park, they would have had to know exactly how to get in to avoid cameras. But I'm curious if they questioned anyone in her neighborhood. Maybe I missed this part.

I missed this too, though I recall early on that news coverage showed a photo of the house where she lived, and it wasn't her parents' house. It was white, large, wood (or siding) rather than brick. I wondered if it was a house divided into apartments. I think she lived in Howard Beach though, very near her parents. I'll see if I can find a link.

I missed this too, though I recall early on that news coverage showed a photo of the house where she lived, and it wasn't her parents' house. It was white, large, wood (or siding) rather than brick. I wondered if it was a house divided into apartments. I think she lived in Howard Beach though, very near her parents. I'll see if I can find a link.

Here's the article I was thinking of. If you scroll down the article, you'll see a white house. I don't think I've seen the photo elsewhere. It's the DailyMail, which isn't always accurate, but here it is:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oing-evening-jog-near-New-York-City-home.html

Here's the article I was thinking of. If you scroll down the article, you'll see a white house. I don't think I've seen the photo elsewhere. It's the DailyMail, which isn't always accurate, but here it is:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oing-evening-jog-near-New-York-City-home.html
Ah thanks! I saw on a broadcast a map of her apartment, her parents house and Spring Creek. It showed she lived in Jamaica. I'll have to find it. Jamaica and Howard Beach/Ozone Park border each other. The white siding house looks more like Jamaica/Ozone Park area, rather than Howard beach. I'm sure LE has questioned people around where she lived. It just popped up into my head not many broadcast showed the location where she lived.

Ah thanks! I saw on a broadcast a map of her apartment, her parents house and Spring Creek. It showed she lived in Jamaica. I'll have to find it. Jamaica and Howard Beach/Ozone Park border each other. The white siding house looks more like Jamaica/Ozone Park area, rather than Howard beach. I'm sure LE has questioned people around where she lived. It just popped up into my head not many broadcast showed the location where she lived.

Not sure if you've read Karinas writing but one of her pieces is titled 92nd street which speaks about her and her friends being at her house on top of the shed. The picture actually looks like they are in fact sitting on a roof and you can see the 92nd street sign in the background.

http://karinavee.com/?p=84

I googled this address and if you do a street view you can see a sign for a construction company which after googling that seems to be her fathers company. What I concluded was that was the home she grew up in and that her parents bought a new house in the neighborhood and kept the White House pictured on dailymail and that is where Karina lived. I could be wrong but this is just what I pieced together

Not sure if you've read Karinas writing but one of her pieces is titled 92nd street which speaks about her and her friends being at her house on top of the shed. The picture actually looks like they are in fact sitting on a roof and you can see the 92nd street sign in the background.

I googled this address and if you do a street view you can see a sign for a construction company which after googling that seems to be her fathers company. What I concluded was that was the home she grew up in and that her parents bought a new house in the neighborhood and kept the White House pictured on dailymail and that is where Karina lived. I could be wrong but this is just what I pieced together
Interesting. Yes, 92nd St is what I saw when I first read she lived in Jamaica and not at her parents house. Even though I think this is a crime of opportunity, I wonder if LE checked surveillance cameras from around the area where she actually lived, the day of the crime and previous to see maybe if someone was lurking around.

EDIT: After looking up the 92nd St address, it is showing it as Howard Beach. So, media could have given wrong info referring it to 92nd street in Jamaica.

Great sleuthing!

I see what you are saying! Seems that for some reason that address comes up as being Howard Beach and Jamaica. I'm not sure why. Because it is definitely in Howard Beach, which limits her route to her Dads house. Do we know if she jogged to her parents house that day or drove? I hope all residents checked their cameras.

I also think it seems too much of a coincidence that Karina was murdered only 2 days after breaking up with her BF. But I have been thinking since early on, that the killer would more likely be someone who saw the breakup as an opportunity to pursue a relationship with Karina himself, and then was angered when she rejected him. That's why I'm concerned about what Karina may have posted on SM about her daily jog.

Maybe it doesn't have to do with the most recent BF. Maybe someone prior to him, or someone in his circle.

KV's family are victims. They have been through hell and suffered an immeasurable, horrific, brutal loss.

Per TOS, we are not to sleuth them, their homes, cars, activities, behavior.

Trying to catch up on all the posts in this thread...until then, maybe you guys could answer a few questions for me?

1. Karina was a beautiful girl. Do we know if she ever pursued modeling?
2. Does anyone know what kind of surgery she had on her legs, or what that surgery was for?
3. Any indication that Karina might have fallen into the "high risk lifestyle" category? ( Sorry, it needs to be asked.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur