NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't sound like any of the studies I'm aware of, as a prof at a large research uni. A link would provide important context and nuance for those claims. I'd also note that self-reports of fantasy scenarios are a) notoriously untrustworthy and b) typically far removed from one's everyday goals and behaviours. Those for whom they aren't are the ones we see as perps on boards like this one.

best,

I can send you a link on monday, but it is all in german language. It was an anonymous study and from several thousands who were asked just about 10% answered, and from these 10% 30 per cent answered that they fantasize about non-consensual rape fantasies from time to time.

i do not know the situation in the US but could it be common that the LE strongly denies indications that it could be a serial killers work as long as this is 101% proved (even if they have some diffuse clues) - to avoid a panical reaction of the public?

Hi, New to this forum but I just wondered, Have police looked into possible other websites she may have been popular on, It seems she was keen on poetry so could she be on some poetry forums or maybe fitness forums etc, Might be a longshot but was just a thought.

My bad!!! So sorry about the link. I thought it was ok. I will alert my post.

Exactly, if a random attack then these specific cameras probably wouldn't help much. Don't think the perp would come in or leave this way from the spot he attacked her either.

But still, just would be interesting to see who all was coming and going there. I do not think anything happened there on the day K. was murdered. jmo

Most likely. But I try very hard not to make assumptions until I've studied a case. For instance...how many people jog/walk in this particular area? If it's not a high traffic area, what does this predator do? Just park there for days, waiting for a victim? Seems unlikely. More likely he lives, works or frequents the area often. Unless, of course, Karina was his target all along. And that, naturally, makes me curious to know more about her. Some photos I've seen of her are very good. I wonder about the possibility that she might have agreed to meet up with a photographer in this area, either on the day she was murdered or at some point in the past. In general, I wonder who she knew who knew her routine.

Just thoughts.

I hear you. But, because she ran the same route,at around the same time each day, her killer could have spotted her, watched her on subsequent runs, and built up a whole fantasy around her. And it wouldn't have been because of any real contact he had with her, or any other things in her life. jmo
After reading here for a few years, I do understand randomness in murders. But, from the very start I never thought that about K.'s murder. jmo

Agree about the high quality of the photos. They look professional, they are so good. jmo

Not sure if you've read Karinas writing but one of her pieces is titled 92nd street which speaks about her and her friends being at her house on top of the shed. The picture actually looks like they are in fact sitting on a roof and you can see the 92nd street sign in the background.

http://karinavee.com/?p=84

I googled this address and if you do a street view you can see a sign for a construction company which after googling that seems to be her fathers company. What I concluded was that was the home she grew up in and that her parents bought a new house in the neighborhood and kept the White House pictured on dailymail and that is where Karina lived. I could be wrong but this is just what I pieced together

Seems she was a lucky girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems she was a lucky girl.

Are you aware there's a walk to be held in honor of Katrina? Info below:

A walk has been scheduled for Aug. 16 at 6 p.m., A Facebook post to the Howard Beach Moms reads that attendants will walk the steps on the route Karina jogged every night with her father.

Participants will meet*at 83rd Street and 165th Avenue.

Her father described the park as "her happy place" and a place where she felt good.

When asked what her father would say to Karina's killer, he responded: "I'm sorry for you, because you will pay. There's no way to hide."

The 9/11 first responder has received thanks for his service over the years. Now he says there's a way those giving thanks can help out."

I hope to go. Am a resident of the Rockaways which is across the bay from that marshland. Terrible that not one suspect has been caught. :(

It isn't a high traffic area. Even the bike path that runs parallel to the park and Belt parkway is not a high traffic area. No one else really jogs or walks in there unless they are homeless, transiets. No one local around here says "I'm going for a walk/run in spring Creek park" she did it all the time with her dad and she felt safe, I probably would have gone as well by myself if this was my favorite place to run. She must have never come across anyone in there to alarm her. I don't think a person sat there and waited for her. I believe it was someone who was walking through and saw the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So strange she was subjected to running there. Wish she would have realized the risk. Not blaming her at all.

Are you aware there's a walk to be held in honor of Katrina? Info below:

A walk has been scheduled for Aug. 16 at 6 p.m., A Facebook post to the Howard Beach Moms reads that attendants will walk the steps on the route Karina jogged every night with her father.

Participants will meet*at 83rd Street and 165th Avenue.

Her father described the park as "her happy place" and a place where she felt good.

When asked what her father would say to Karina's killer, he responded: "I'm sorry for you, because you will pay. There's no way to hide."

The 9/11 first responder has received thanks for his service over the years. Now he says there's a way those giving thanks can help out."

I hope to go. Am a resident of the Rockaways which is across the bay from that marshland. Terrible that not one suspect has been caught. :(

That's very nice.... I'm not close enough to go but hope it has a good turn out.

By the way: an anonymous study made by the department of criminology from the university i am an alumni of, questioning 2.000 male students age between 19 and 35 years, 30 per cent of the students stated that they sometimes fantasize to have non-consensual sex with young women they do not know personally but saw their pics on instagram or facebook. I think 30% is a lot.

Do you have a link to the article or an abstract? I love a good academic paper about interesting stuff.

has anyone determined how close she was found in relation to eve brown and the other unidentified bodies found back then on belt parkway?

Here it is: http://nypost.com/2000/11/20/grisly-graves-unearthed-bklyn-mall-dig-finds-2-bodies/
Work was halted Wednesday so police could remove the body of a female, whose legs were bound.

The victim appeared to be a black woman in her 20s, dead less than two years, cops estimated.

When digging began again on Thursday, another body surfaced from amid the rubble, the skeleton of a male of undetermined age and race – with an apparent bullet hole in his head, police said.

has anyone determined how close she was found in relation to eve brown and the other unidentified bodies found back then on belt parkway?

This case was brought up at some point in this thread. If you look into the Eve Brown case a bit more IMO it's unrelated to this in anyway. Tons of speculation as to her having an affair, so on and so forth. What I didn't find updated info on was the other body found there with a bullet hole to the head, male body. From what I understand though this was a dumping ground for mob hits. So the male body very well could've been connected to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena