NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As blog-owner, I'm wondering what analytics might be available for LE for forensic analysis? Certain blogs allow you to view IP addresses of every person who accesses your site. I do hope this angle is being explored now. :moo:

deception – a collection of conversations, contradictions, & poetic conflicts

http://karinavee.com/?p=156

#JusticeForKarina....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of technical research is possible - but that work could take few days or even several weeks depending how fast LE works... in my country depends where a crime was committed... in larger cities they are fast with technical research in others cops do not even have internet access.

Seems to me Karina established her website in 2013 with all the poems we can see today. If you make a technical research how often she updated her site - it was not really often, mostly the year she founded it. She changed profile pics and stuff like that, but not the basics.

I'm doubting that story too, at least the specifics...though I do think either her teeth were broken or knocked out, or her face was so severely beaten that it was assumed she suffered tooth damage and someone leaked the info or spoke when they shouldn't have.

Still....I HOPE she bit him.

jmopnion

I agree and I as well hope she hurt him badly!!!

From above:

“after that I started running with my phone in my hand"

Me too. And pepper spray. With my finger on the button. And a bright headlamp or attached flashlight. And other things to protect myself. Scanning 360 the whole time. While trying to fight a panic attack. Even when I'm not running, but say unloading groceries, etc. I hate it. :(

There are predators everywhere!!!

Does somebody know if large enough stones/rocks lie around there at that park, or has a criminal to bring it with him to the scene?

The vagrant theory seems a bit too stereotypically to me. Do not think the killer was a vagrant.

If a rock was used maybe the criminal wanted to knock her out cold, then rape her and leave unidentified the scenery after the rape when she is alive but unconscious - but she recovered very fast and fought against him, so he strangled her neck with so much force as a consequence of finding himself unprepared of a situation the victim resists so much.
This is just a thought in case a rock was used which is not confirmed yet.
By the shoreline of spring creek park, there are some rocks. I recall seeing it in some photos.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

(Odd that there is the discussion about the rock. Just catching up. I often think about a rock as a potential "defensive device", if needed.

Eta: Deleted by me, tmi/ot. )

Karina worked at Vetro restaurant. Thought people might be interested in seeing what the place looks like.

http://vetronyc.com/
I was at Vetro for the first time this year on Mother's Day. My sister in law picked it out. It is a very nice restaurant. They overcharged my credit card and I had been trying to get in touch with the owner for months now. Then this happened and I heard she worked there, now I don't even care to get the $30 overcharge back. I just hope they find her murderer. And as I noted last night, as I drove by Vetro on my way to the beach, I got an eerie feeling like the killer was someone who frequents there. And either he hasn't been back, and I hope one day someone says "hey have you seen so and so, I wonder where he has been" or the killer has been back to hear what people are saying. Ugh.

Karina's case continues to garner worldwide media attention. I found this while searching for new MSM coverage and thought I'd share:

From Australia:
Karina Vetrano: Murdered NYC jogger blamed for running at night | Stop victim blaming
[...]

The bottom line is, women should be able to run at night and feel safe.

Nike has addressed the fact that millions of women across the world are too scared to jog alone at night with their “We Own the Night” initiative.
[...]
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fi...m/news-story/3227c17ad145029885f09ddf1317b4c8

Nike News - We Own The Night News
http://news.nike.com/we-own-the-night

#RIPKarina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't understand the mentality of "resenting" the advice to not run alone at night, claiming it sets back feminism?? (as per the first article)

And as was pointed out, these murders happened in broad daylight.

But perhaps the bigger point is, 6000 women running together at dusk in cute tee-shirts and Nike shoes is an ad for Nike and hardly comparable to a Karina or a Vanessa or any other woman feeling or being safe running at night on her local jogging route. Frankly, in a free and ideal world both men and women "should" be able to run at night and feel safe, but that's not reality and the world is not ideal.

I get really frustrated with these 'Take Back the Night' and 'Own the Night' group events that make the obvious point that numbers trump a single psychopath. If the message is that 'women should be able to run alone', then these misleading woman-power campaigns have 5,999 women too many.

There is nothing pro-woman about the message that we should be able to do what we want to do and when a woman is murdered, let's put on our Nikes and run in a group in Milan.

Predators don't care what we think and indeed are hoping to catch us alone and off guard.

When People magazine(?) posted about her biting the perp so hard her teeth broke and it was from a "source" I personally didn't take it as credible. I feel that unless I hear a LEO state these things or that they are cited in an article then everything else is hear say to me.

Yes, exactly. But some of this has come from LE it seems.

I really don't understand the mentality of "resenting" the advice to not run alone at night, claiming it sets back feminism?? (as per the first article)

And as was pointed out, these murders happened in broad daylight.

But perhaps the bigger point is, 6000 women running together at dusk in cute tee-shirts and Nike shoes is an ad for Nike and hardly comparable to a Karina or a Vanessa or any other woman feeling or being safe running at night on her local jogging route. Frankly, in a free and ideal world both men and women "should" be able to run at night and feel safe, but that's not reality and the world is not ideal.

I get really frustrated with these 'Take Back the Night' and 'Own the Night' group events that make the obvious point that numbers trump a single psychopath. If the message is that 'women should be able to run alone', then these misleading woman-power campaigns have 5,999 women too many.

There is nothing pro-woman about the message that we should be able to do what we want to do and when a woman is murdered, let's put on our Nikes and run in a group in Milan.

Predators don't care what we think and indeed are hoping to catch us alone and off guard.

:goodpost:

Well stated, jillycat. I agree!!

These Nike sponsored running event has a flavour of promoting this company - by the way, she was running in shoes from New Balance...

Regarding her website karinavee.com just a few technical facts:

38% of her visitors surfed on the instagram website directly before they openend her site - maybe looking at her pics or account on instagram
(only 8% found her website through google name search)

About 8 per cent of her website visitors have russian IP adresses which is a lot regarding the fact e.g. european based IPs (except Spain) was close to zero.

(O/T, living in fear sucks. I don't want to live in fear. But there's that reality out there...if I wasn't so afraid, or let's say aware, then I probably wouldn't go to such great lengths to protect myself. I wish I could just space out when I'm walking. Nope, can't do it. As far as I'm concerned it's WW freaking III out there. Call me dramatic.)

Very behind here, not sure if this is still applicable but just in case, my guess is DNA will link him to a future crime. Soon.

(O/T, living in fear sucks. I don't want to live in fear. But there's that reality out there...if I wasn't so afraid, or let's say aware, then I probably wouldn't go to such great lengths to protect myself. I wish I could just space out when I'm walking. Nope, can't do it. As far as I'm concerned it's WW freaking III out there. Call me dramatic.)

Very behind here, not sure if this is still applicable but just in case, my guess is DNA will link him to a future crime. Soon.

Yes, I've been thinking that a future crime is what will crack this case. :(

But, I'm hoping for the best - that he is caught before there is another victim.

These Nike sponsored running event has a flavour of promoting this company - by the way, she was running in shoes from New Balance...

Regarding her website karinavee.com just a few technical facts:

38% of her visitors surfed on the instagram website directly before they openend her site - maybe looking at her pics or account on instagram
(only 8% found her website through google name search)

About 8 per cent of her website visitors have russian IP adresses which is a lot regarding the fact e.g. european based IPs (except Spain) was close to zero.

That's interesting info. jmo

Yes, I've been thinking that a future crime is what will crack this case. :(

But, I'm hoping for the best - that he is caught before there is another victim.

The brutality of this crime, doesn't seem like a once in a whiler, if there is such a thing. His aggression seems to be at high peak, lost control, active phase; however the time period between ARS' attack on the adult female jogger and the murder of Jessica Ridgeway was 5 months (May to October).

I'm afraid any woman, jogging alone, day or night, but especially at night, will always be a potential target. It's just the way it is. Soooo many predators out there. I wish we could be safe, but the reality is we are not and probably never will be, no matter where we are. We have to be on guard and watch our backs 24/7. It's us against them. I do not feel safe ever. Those days are gone. Moo.

I cannot walk to the grocery store in shorts, no makeup, tired without being catcalled. I'm NOT young, or would consider myself above average in attractiveness. So, I can only imagine what attractive, full figured teen/woman must endure. It's never been safe even as a kid some creep is always trying to talk to me or lure me.
It's a fantasy that it's safe out there or anywhere day or night. In a perfect world it would be safe but we aren't living in Utopia, sadly enough.

I cannot walk to the grocery store in shorts, no makeup, tired without being catcalled. I'm NOT young, or would consider myself above average in attractiveness. So, I can only imagine what attractive, full figured teen/woman must endure. It's never been safe even as a kid some creep is always trying to talk to me or lure me.
It's a fantasy that it's safe out there or anywhere day or night. In a perfect world it would be safe but we aren't living in Utopia, sadly enough.

There is a TV interview on the web with the Vetrano's where K's father answered the interviewers question if it was too risky to go jogging alone as a female in that park, that "scum" could also come to a perfect and idyllic place.
I think he made a good point with that, its exactly what i think.

There is a TV interview on the web with the Vetrano's where K's father answered the interviewers question if it was too risky to go jogging alone as a female in that park, that "scum" could also come to a perfect and idyllic place.

Predators are going to go to anywhere secluded or even be as bold as Ted Bundy to approach a potential victim at a populated State Park and lure the victim. Gotta be careful at all times.
The Gift of Fear is a good book to read about following your true fear/guts.

These are my thoughts exactly. Everytime someone ask why did she go in there alone, I think how this guy could of found her a few blocks before she entered the park and pulled her into a car, etc. It doesn't matter where or when something happens. These scums will do it anywhere.

I went into the cemetery today to visit my Uncle's resting place. At one point I looked around, and no one was around. In that very moment I feared for my life. That someone will appear and harm me. Up until Karina's murder, I felt safe in there. Now, you just never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member