NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did try to look for you out there!

It was heartbreaking,I could literally feel the pain from her family and friends. My niece made something for Karina and one of her friends came to my niece, thanked her and hugged her and kissed her. The love and support from the neighborhood is amazing.

Her parents urged anyone who knows anything to make a phone call and "get the money". Her mom said, you might as well get the money because we are going to catch him anyway.

Thanks for those who were there, representing WS (even if no one really knew).

It was very heart breaking. I got there a little late so I was towards the back. Did you get a Justice for Karina bracelet? When her Mom said that, it almost felt as if they know who did it and it's only a matter of time before police move in, so if you know something get the money. Did you get that feeling too?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I didn't get a bracelet because I wasn't standing there when they were giving them out, but my mom gave me hers.
OMG yes, I am so glad you said that, I had the exact same feeling. I think the NYPD and the family know much more than what we, the public have been told. I really feel like they have a suspect and are just trying to get some solid info before making an arrest.

I didn't get a bracelet because I wasn't standing there when they were giving them out, but my mom gave me hers.
OMG yes, I am so glad you said that, I had the exact same feeling. I think the NYPD and the family know much more than what we, the public have been told. I really feel like they have a suspect and are just trying to get some solid info before making an arrest.

I hope you guys are right!! That's a strong vibe if you both picked that up.

I agree! It was my exact feeling and a lady I was walking next to felt the same vibe. I think they are just waiting to collect some more evidence, or waiting for something else, but I feel as if the family knows something.

I agree! It was my exact feeling and a lady I was walking next to felt the same vibe. I think they are just waiting to collect some more evidence, or waiting for something else, but I feel as if the family knows something.

Oh thank you so much for supporting Karina, God Bless your hearts.

Also for being there for us that can't be here at WS, was certainly in my heart.

And I hope you both are correct, LE will never hinder an investigation by giving out information to the public nor media! I applaud them for all the hard work they do!

Thanks again for the reports Laurancyc93 and chrissybk ~

jmo :moo:

They just aired it on the news here, I'll post a link once it's online.

I really hope that's the case. But this isn't the first time I had this feeling. When her mom spoke on tv the first time, she called the murder things such as weak, a coward, filth, but she also called him puny, which to me is more of a physical description than the other words she used. It made me wonder if they suspected someone or if more details were known that weren't given to the public.

It was very heart breaking. I got there a little late so I was towards the back. Did you get a Justice for Karina bracelet? When her Mom said that, it almost felt as if they know who did it and it's only a matter of time before police move in, so if you know something get the money. Did you get that feeling too?

I hope thats the case!! Fingers crossed. TY for the info!

Aww, if I had known about the walk I definitely would've tried to make way there - thanks to everyone who came out! I feel like justice is very close!

Thanks to chrissybk and Lauranyc83 for participating in the walk and sharing your observations here!

Was LE present? I wonder whether they were hoping the perp showed up.

Thanks to chrissybk and Lauranyc83 for participating in the walk and sharing your observations here!

Was LE present? I wonder whether they were hoping the perp showed up.
Yes they were, even some walking within the crowd I also saw a plain clothed officer walking as well. They were also there too to help with traffic and closing down the streets. I'm sure they were watching as well to see who showed up.

I really hope that's the case. But this isn't the first time I had this feeling. When her mom spoke on tv the first time, she called the murder things such as weak, a coward, filth, but she also called him puny, which to me is more of a physical description than the other words she used. It made me wonder if they suspected someone or if more details were known that weren't given to the public.

I agree. Knowing who did it makes sense, but having to build a case is key. The big reward is an appeal to the killer's associates, who probably aren't Boy Scouts and who just need a big payoff and some assurances that they'll be protected.

Nowadays parents can and do go online to try to find out something about the people their kids are spending time with. Hard to imagine that KV's parents wouldn't thoroughly check out any "stranger" KV knew, or wouldn't already know plenty about anyone in her circle from the neighborhood.

It would also explain why the parents seem to have their fury somewhat contained when in public. They're just waiting.

I heard on local radio news there were over a 1000 people at the walk! Also mentioned, there have been no credible tips so far.

Her dad is now offering, if the killer turns himself in, to then give the reward whomever the killer names to give it to.

Something like this was done for Holly Bobo, where a person offered to give (I think 200, 000) for the killer to turn himself in. It did not work, though. But it does get press coverage for the case.

I still like the idea of breaking up a reward to give something to anyone who provides a credible tip, rather than offering one big reward contingent upon a conviction, that could take many years to reach even after an arrest.

Checking other news I see the 240K reward is being split up - $100,000 as reward, the rest to go to charity. There's also a $25,000 NYPD reward.

http://abc7ny.com/news/murdered-howard-beach-joggers-family-walking-trail-of-tears/1472272/

From http://nypost.com/2016/08/17/memorial-walk-for-slain-jogger-retraces-her-last-moments/

Great show of support! So sad though...

howard-beach_wayne-carrington.jpg

Regarding what I heard on local news that - Her dad is now offering, if the killer turns himself in, to then give the reward whomever the killer names to give it to. -
I don't see this being reported in print in MSM, so please disregard till this can be verified, sorry.

Regarding what I heard on local news that - Her dad is now offering, if the killer turns himself in, to then give the reward whomever the killer names to give it to. -
I don't see this being reported in print in MSM, so please disregard till this can be verified, sorry.

You can see just how desperate the family is, not just for the case to be solved, but also for the case to stay in the media with this type of update. They are doing everything they can to keep the case in the news.

I agree. Knowing who did it makes sense, but having to build a case is key. The big reward is an appeal to the killer's associates, who probably aren't Boy Scouts and who just need a big payoff and some assurances that they'll be protected.

Nowadays parents can and do go online to try to find out something about the people their kids are spending time with. Hard to imagine that KV's parents wouldn't thoroughly check out any "stranger" KV knew, or wouldn't already know plenty about anyone in her circle from the neighborhood.

It would also explain why the parents seem to have their fury somewhat contained when in public. They're just waiting.

You really think parents would have been creeping on their 30 year old daughters social media or insisting they know everyone she hangs out with? That seems unlikely. Perhaps if she was 13 but at 30 I don't know any parents that would keep an eye on their kids like that....it would actually seem like a really unhealthy and controlling relationship at that point if they did.

mayne since the murder but I highly doubt before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7