NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the monster was on a bike.

The tips increased to about 70 as the reward increased.

According to the article, about dozen more tips are still open.

<snip>

... an assailant could have gone west along the Belt Parkway to Fountain Avenue or Erskine Street.

&#8220;So that is where part of our investigation is right now, into that area . . . you would have to walk, you couldn&#8217;t drive a car, you could ride a bicycle, there is a parallel bicycle path that runs along the Belt Parkway at that point,&#8221; Boyce said.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...-karina-vetrano-increases-cops-say-1.12189720

Yes, I think bike is a strong possibility. Very strong.

jmopinion

It's so hard for me to believe that the NYPD has no leads, but, it sure sounds like it.

I wonder if there are any cameras in that area for the highway and the mall.. And I hope they check them soon because there are a lot of those security cameras that only record for a certain amount of days and then record over .
I wonder if the monster was on a bike.

The tips increased to about 70 as the reward increased.

According to the article, about dozen tips are still open.

<snip>

... an assailant could have gone west along the Belt Parkway to Fountain Avenue or Erskine Street.

“So that is where part of our investigation is right now, into that area . . . you would have to walk, you couldn’t drive a car, you could ride a bicycle, there is a parallel bicycle path that runs along the Belt Parkway at that point,” Boyce said.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...-karina-vetrano-increases-cops-say-1.12189720

I wonder if there are any cameras in that area for the highway and the mall.. And I hope they check them soon because there are a lot of those security cameras that only record for a certain amount of days and then record over .
There is a live traffic camera that points directly towards the bike path along Spring creek and the Belt Parkway. The mall most definitely has cameras. They even have a NYPD tower camera. (Although when I was there Sat I can't recall if it was still in the parking lot)

Something similar to this.
b6dc6df151f9d4d4a440c60151c6c9ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am really interested in the guy who's family owns land where Vanessa was found and lives in Queens.. It would be really interesting to know where in Queens he lives.. I live in Queens..it is pretty far from Astoria to Howard Beach unless you have a car. The person who did this to Katina I really believe knew the area well. To know that at 5 pm in the summer daylight nobody would be around that area.

Here is something I found of a guy in Astoria Queens going around groping women in their 20s and pushing himself on them in the middle of the day in July ..it just would be interesting to know if any of these women had a similar look to Vanessa and Karina . http://gothamist.com/2016/07/25/astoria_groper_on_the_loose_cops_sa.php
Hmmm very interesting. Thanks for posting. That perp has a bit of resemblence to the person you were referring to above. I'll replay it again and with my glasses on. But ThinkHard may be able to compare the two. Same kind if posture and body shape. Hmmmmmm

Maybe I need to resurrect my theory that the perp were a couple (or more) teens biking through the park to or from the mall.

Sigh...I was so hoping someone would going to turn in someone else by now. I don't think the reward will be incentive, but was hoping someone would have the good sense to call in a tip about a boyfriend, friend, neighbor. But...nothing.
I have no evidence to support this, but I really think one adult male did this.

Here is something I found of a guy in Astoria Queens going around groping women in their 20s and pushing himself on them in the middle of the day in July ..it just would be interesting to know if any of these women had a similar look to Vanessa and Karina . http://gothamist.com/2016/07/25/astoria_groper_on_the_loose_cops_sa.php

Worth considering, but there are big differences. Astoria is not particularly near or similar to Howard Beach neighborhood. The incidents in Astoria were at night and in a more urban setting as opposed to isolated park. The perp fled when the victims yelled.

Those differences lead me to think this isn't the same guy, but great eye for noticing.

jmopinion

Your right Inthedetails the Astoria grouper was at 12am..I for some reason thought it was in the afternoon.
But as I was searching I found this creep groping right in the middle of the day to a young girl in the Middle Village which is inner Queens... But he looks very similar to the other groper from Astoria even his sneakers.

http://pix11.com/2016/07/01/man-charged-with-groping-11-year-old-girl-on-queens-street-police/

Just posting.. Because you never know it may catch someone's eye and someone may have not seen these posts and can say omg I have seen this guy walking around here in Howard beach or on Karinas fb friends or something I don't know...

Worth considering, but there are big differences. Astoria is not particularly near or similar to Howard Beach neighborhood. The incidents in Astoria were at night and in a more urban setting as opposed to isolated park. The perp fled when the victims yelled.

Those differences lead me to think this isn't the same guy, but great eye for noticing.

jmopinion

Your right Inthedetails the Astoria grouper was at 12am..I for some reason thought it was in the afternoon.
But as I was searching I found this creep groping right in the middle of the day to a young girl in the Middle Village which is inner Queens... But he looks very similar to the other groper from Astoria even his sneakers.

http://pix11.com/2016/07/01/man-charged-with-groping-11-year-old-girl-on-queens-street-police/

Just posting.. Because you never know it may catch someone's eye and someone may have not seen these posts and can say omg I have seen this guy walking around here in Howard beach or on Karinas fb friends or something I don't know...
The Middle Village groper happened to my friends daughter. Sickening. It's crazy how often these things happen. What the hell is wrong with people!

I creep on all my daughter's boyfriends and even potential ones; in fact, I sleuth them like crazy. It's a messed up world with a lot of creeps.

Same. I sleuth and background check every girl my boys bring home. The struggle is real.

Do your children know you do these things? I'm slightly older then KV but not much, and I can tell you I'd be angry and creeped out of my parents where doing that behind my back. It would feel like a violation and a breach of trust, just like reading someone's diary would feel like.

I just have a general question. Can you track someone else's Fitbit with GPS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg no.. That is crazy... Well actually come to think about it.. It's not.. I have lived in queens and gone to school in Manhattan and on the subway alone since I was 14. And that was 1984 I have taken this whole KArina thing personally because I was attacked in Queens at the age of 15 pushed into the foyer of a building I cried the whole time..( Iam not getting into details)and by the grace of God some man walked in and the guy got off me and ran out the door....this happened in the late afternoon and I had my school uniform on.
After that I blamed myself ( but I was a child and what did I know) but said to myself I would never let another man touch me like that again..so any man that has (and it's creepy how many) I cannot tell you the many times I hit men w my umbrella or ice cream or my dog poop in the bag or a brick or kicked and even pushed a guy down the subway stairs. I have flipped out screamed and acted like a crazy person I even knocked some guy in the face w the receiver of a public phone that tried to squeeze in w me. but will never let that happen again. The men in queens and the city and subway It's have always felt it is ok to just grab and fondle you or try and kiss you and rub against you. So I guess this is why this case is really hitting home and I want to help anyway I can.

The Middle Village groper happened to my friends daughter. Sickening. It's crazy how often these things happen. What the hell is wrong with people!

Do your children know you do these things? I'm slightly older then KV but not much, and I can tell you I'd be angry and creeped out of my parents where doing that behind my back. It would feel like a violation and a breach of trust, just like reading someone's diary would feel like.

My kids know. I don't do it behind their backs. They don't like it and they think I'm out of my mind. They blame WS.

I found a 24 yr old jogger in Belmont State Park that was attacked dragged into the woods and almost raped but she got away this was in July 2016 ..this park is in west Babylon Long Island.. But if the guy has a car ... Just saying this was another young jogger attacked I don't know what she looks like if she looks like Vanessa or Karina http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/18/belmont-lake-state-park-rape-attempt/

I found a 24 yr old jogger in Belmont State Park that was attacked dragged into the woods and almost raped but she got away this was in July 2016 ..this park is in west Babylon Long Island.. But if the guy has a car ... Just saying this was another young jogger attacked I don't know what she looks like if she looks like Vanessa or Karina http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/18/belmont-lake-state-park-rape-attempt/

I remember hearing about this also. Was going to take my kids there and after hearing about what happened decided not to.

These perps are running rampant! Its sickening [emoji17]

I hope something happens soon - someone turns someone in if someone knows something. My stepsister and her boyfriend were murdered here in Houston in 1990 and no one ever came forward despite heavy media attention and rewards. To this day the anniversary is usually aired hoping someone comes forward. We even have a composite since the DNA left at scene matched a rape. I am praying it works out differently for Karina and something happens very soon.

I'm so sorry for your loss, please post about this on WebSleuths! Maybe, and praying, they will find the killer!
Praying for justice, to be done!
Thank you for sharing!

Thanks ~

jmo :moo:

I just have a general question. Can you track someone else's Fitbit with GPS?

Not to my knowledge. Not all fitbits are GPS enabled either, only the surge and blaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member