NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But could it be en employee? Someone who could have been parked there?

What kind of mental health facility is it? More developmental delays or more behavioral and control issues?
I googled quickly to understand exactly their services. I have to do some more searching but seems to be anywhere from mental health, developmental disabilty to autistic adults.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I googled quickly to understand exactly their services. I have to do some more searching but seems to be anywhere from mental health, developmental disabilty to autistic adults.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking the people who live there are unlikely to be the perp. Perhaps an employee walking through the park after a shift?

Still, I'm thinking more along the lines of someone without a job, hanging out in the park.

But, I'm adding it to my list of possibilities, though not at the top of the list.

Thanks again for all your info.

Was just doing a screenshot to show you how close lol. The circle is the approximate spot KV was found. The google location marker is Brooklyn DDOS.
9284916ae0baf46214a81c82f2a77583.jpg

Hmm from looking at that map it seems to me that river thing would pose a challenge to cross.

The corner of the neighborhood closest to where she was found...is that the one with a cameras that would have seen people going in and coming out?

If so it seems to me that the easiest way out without having being detected would be to follow the shore line away from where the mall area is and rejoin the trail further down, re entering the neighborhood in another location....maybe 164th ave?

Headed down to the shore line I'd think he could be undetected and with the water he could wash up and catch his breath....?

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking the people who live there are unlikely to be the perp. Perhaps an employee walking through the park after a shift?

Still, I'm thinking more along the lines of someone without a job, hanging out in the park.

But, I'm adding it to my list of possibilities, though not at the top of the list.

I know they have out patient services, I'm trying to figure out if any actually live on sight. I do recall being in BJs one day and they had a group shopping trip. One got lost and left the store and was found in another store. So would be interesting if at any point on August 2nd was one acting out of their usual ways? I'm not sure if any come and go on their own. Would have to look more into it.

There is a FB page. I don't think I am able to link since no one there is a POI. But would be interesting for LE to look into. I'm sure that's what they are referring to when they said they are focusing on the area around Erskine stree and fountain ave.

Hmm from looking at that map it seems to me that river thing would pose a challenge to cross.

The corner of the neighborhood closest to where she was found...is that the one with a cameras that would have seen people going in and coming out?

If so it seems to me that the easiest way out without having being detected would be to follow the shore line away from where the mall area is and rejoin the trail further down, re entering the neighborhood in another location....maybe 164th ave?

Headed down to the shore line I'd think he could be undetected and with the water he could wash up and catch his breath....?
Actually no, it is very easy to cross over. If the person walked on Erskine St over the over pass (i posted a photo of the over pass pointing out the direction of the mall and the bike path) they would easily be able to walk to the part where KV was found.

I was just kind of thinking that it could be someone who has a low level job there, more like an orderly....contact with patients and perhaps the ability to abuse or take advantage of them?

It could be a place that attracts some of the wrong people, like people who are drawn to
Position of power over another human being to make up for there own insecurities. Like some prison guards and police officers (obviously not saying all police officers or even most are this way, just that the environment is attractive to people who make seek to abuse the position)

Anyway someone like that seems to me like someone who could escalate to rape. Because it is after all about their need for control.

http://interactive.nydailynews.com/2015/08/chickens-under-the-bridge/

Reading in the above about what's taking place around the CrossBay Bridge, and then reading about what's happened in Germany
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7557/germany-rape-migrants-crisis

Might there be another element here that's not been mentioned, one that views any woman unaccompanied by a man to be fair game to be raped? ..
"The moment they [male migrants] see a young woman wearing a skirt or any type of loose clothing, they believe they have a free pass."

Actually no, it is very easy to cross over. If the person walked on Erskine St over the over pass (i posted a photo of the over pass pointing out the direction of the mall and the bike path) they would easily be able to walk to the part where KV was found.

Thanks for the local perspective. Maps can be deceiving.

More tips coming in...
Not found any video footage of this perpetrator entering [the park] or leaving...,
The case is taking detectives away from the western border of Howard Beach...
Viable sample of what is called “extraneous” DNA..
About 70 tips, reward approaches $250,000.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...-karina-vetrano-increases-cops-say-1.12189720

Hmmm. Western border? Would that be along the water? Can you give me a better idea of the area you mean? ..... Never mind Scratch that I miss read it.

Hmmm. Western border? Would that be along the water? Can you give me a better idea of the area you mean?
I think LE is referring to the area where she was found and the area by Howard beach houses 78th St etc. Looks like they are moving up North on the other side of the Belt Parkway.

I, too, think its someone who knew her. Though, she may not have known him. Too much anger, IMO, in this brutal rape/murder for it to just be random. I'm probably wrong. But just a feeling I got from the start.

Also, it wasn't the norm for KV to jog alone. She was, usually, with Dad.

I just want the b*****d caught!

BBM

That's interesting.

I agree! What exactly do they mean by extraneous DNA?

My guess is that it's DNA found that doesn't match Karina and doesn't match anything found from sexual assault. Total guess on my part.

As you know, I'm thinking more than one perp...and perhaps this is a clue supporting that direction.

JMOpinion at the moment.

EDITED TO ADD: ummmmm....nevermind. Seem "extraneous" is defined as "not Karina." Likely the perp's DNA. Carry on.

I agree! What exactly do they mean by extraneous DNA?

My guess is that it's DNA found that doesn't match Karina and doesn't match anything found from sexual assault. Total guess on my part.

As you know, I'm thinking more than one perp...and perhaps this is a clue supporting that direction.

JMOpinion at the moment.

EDITED TO ADD: ummmmm....nevermind. Seem "extraneous" is defined as "not Karina." Likely the perp's DNA. Carry on.

I believe it is DNA other than Karina or original perp DNA. SO....a second perp is quite possible.

I believe it is DNA other than Karina or original perp DNA. SO....a second perp is quite possible.

Yeah, I think a second perp is possible, but the article doesn't hint at that scenario like I expected. Just indicates "extraneous" is not Karina's DNA.

But...look for two teens on bikes!

Yeah, I think a second perp is possible, but the article doesn't hint at that scenario like I expected. Just indicates "extraneous" is not Karina's DNA.

But...look for two teens on bikes!

The crime feels too violent to be two teens on bikes to me. It feels more personal then that, almost in an "overkill" kind of way.

Going back to the psychic saying Russian. DJ. Etc.
According to RV Rooftop (the rooftop at Vetros) KV worked there in 2015, this was on their instagram. So did she continue to work at the restaurant, Vetro?

I know she also worked at Central Lounge in Astoria. This neighborhood is very Greek. There are also Russians. It's like the melting pot of European countries in one area. Perhaps the perp was speaking in another language and KV assumed it was Russian.

Sigh...I really hope they get a good lead soon. Someone out there had to have seen someone with scratches!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members