NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this is really interesting sadly they don't give much information at all. one says found 2011 but the other one practically says nothing . It is along the belt parkway... I wish there was more info as to how they died and just more info at all.. I don't even remember hearing about this. Good eye to find this

A pervert exposed himself to my daughter on the train. She beat the crap out of him. He crawled off the train onto the platform when the doors opened.

OMG - I cannot believe they told him to simply move on.

Unfortunately the liberal mayor of NYC and city council have decriminalized many of the revolting quality of life crimes. They have dismissed them as the failed "Broken windows theory".

Unfortunately the liberal mayor of NYC and city council have decriminalized many of the revolting quality of life crimes. They have dismissed them as the failed "Broken windows theory".
This mayor knows these types of arrest has lead to finding many who had outstanding warrants. This type of arrest might be needed to finding Karinas killer. This mayor wants cops to play ball without the ball. Bratton knows it. Thats why hes outta here.

Hypothetically, what if the perp left town after he did this? Is there a way for NYPD to track him down? They have his DNA.... But maybe through physical evidence, security camera footage somewhere, but any other way to track him down without waiting for him to commit another crime?

I sure hope that they can catch him if that's the case, but unsure how law enforcement agencies cooperate with one another around the country. Anyone have any knowledge of the procedures? Or case examples?

I'm just scared this case will grow cold. There is only so much info that the police can collect and with no witnesses, it is very discouraging (despite the fact that eye witness testimony hasn't proven to be very reliable scientifically). They need to start looking elsewhere... like out of state. They have probably tested everyone's DNA at Howard Beach at this point.

SleuthVT, thats a scary thought. I hope something like that does not happen. And I wonder if LE is asking the homeless in ths area if one of them suddenly took off?

Hypothetically, what if the perp left town after he did this? Is there a way for NYPD to track him down? They have his DNA.... But maybe through physical evidence, security camera footage somewhere, but any other way to track him down without waiting for him to commit another crime?

I sure hope that they can catch him if that's the case, but unsure how law enforcement agencies cooperate with one another around the country. Anyone have any knowledge of the procedures? Or case examples?

I'm just scared this case will grow cold. There is only so much info that the police can collect and with no witnesses, it is very discouraging (despite the fact that eye witness testimony hasn't proven to be very reliable scientifically). They need to start looking elsewhere... like out of state. They have probably tested everyone's DNA at Howard Beach at this point.

I'm afraid the perp will be caught only after striking again. He needs to be found before he hurts/kills someone else.

:(

I have had the thought since the begining that it is someone from the area. Someone that knows the weeds area well. Someone that would know how to get in an out undetected. Someone who hat has spent time there and would know that no people are around in that area. Now I keep seeing quotes about fishermen. It made me think could there have been a possibility of the guy being a fisherman and after he murdered Karina got back into a boat and left that way? Just a thought.
Or maybe a landscaper if people get their lawns cut and manicured there. they might have landscapers and those guys are usually outside for long periods and come around the same times and days and they get to know the areas and see the people and can be someone again undetected. Again just a thought.

Seems like she only began jogging without father since his recent back injury.

Also, the nearby resident appears to be saying birdwatchers frequent a nearby sanctuary; the homeless frequent the encampment by the bridge,

but the fisherman:

...regularly frequented the park. They often walk to the end of 165th Avenue, cross into the park and pick up a trail that leads south to the water, said...who has lived by the park’s main entrance on 165th Avenue and Cross Bay Boulevard since 1971.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/23/n...enerate-leads-in-murder-of-queens-jogger.html

I also came across this video on YouTube..but it's not the video that struck me but a comment that someone posted on the thread below. I know we can't name names on this but I can say is read the comments and there is one comment made by a guy he has a first and last name and an icon of a guy in a a jacket... What struck me is what he wrote about the killer.. He wrote a really long paragraph. It's interesting https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ7TQhKpUw4

SleuthVT, thats a scary thought. I hope something like that does not happen. And I wonder if LE is asking the homeless in ths area if one of them suddenly took off?

But do they actually have to be homeless in order to be a transient like police think?

I don't think they are, just based on the brutality of the crime. In my mind, if they were homeless, they probably wouldn't have much money for food or choose to spend it on food. And that would make them really low-energy most likely. And this is a crime of very high brutality. So the scenarios I can think of is that they probably ate that day or were on drugs or both.

Also, this crime happened at the very beginning of the month, so it could make sense that a possible lease can be up and they can just leave undetected (some landlords offer a few days grace period to move heavy furniture out / empty apartments).

Reward now is almost up to $300,000.

I wish them well, but I don't think more money is an incentive. In fact, that huge amount might even be less of an incentive for someone who would want to remain anonymous - such as a sister or girlfriend calling in a tip on a brother or boyfriend. It's hard to be anonymous with that big on a windfall. Of course, they could turn down the money....which is why that amount really isn't needed to spur someone on in the first place.

I guess the fundraising keeps the story in the news.

I'm thinking old-fashioned gum-shoe detective work will be what solves the case (unless they don't catch him before he attacks another victim).

"The reward for information about the death of a jogger brutally murdered blocks from her Queens home has grown to nearly $300,000."
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/reward-rises-300g-info-queens-jogger-death-article-1.2763107

Reward now is almost up to $300,000.

I wish them well, but I don't think more money is an incentive. In fact, that huge amount might even be less of an incentive for someone who would want to remain anonymous - such as a sister or girlfriend calling in a tip on a brother or boyfriend. It's hard to be anonymous with that big on a windfall. Of course, they could turn down the money....which is why that amount really isn't needed to spur someone on in the first place.

I guess the fundraising keeps the story in the news.

I'm thinking old-fashioned gum-shoe detective work will be what solves the case (unless they don't catch him before he attacks another victim).

"The reward for information about the death of a jogger brutally murdered blocks from her Queens home has grown to nearly $300,000."
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/reward-rises-300g-info-queens-jogger-death-article-1.2763107
According to the family the amount that is shown on is not the full award. Apparently LE has agreed with the family to raise it to $200,000.00 They have advised them to not keep raising it because someone with info will hold out possibly waiting for the amount to go higher. As of last night, her father has said it was only $200,000

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

According to the family the amount that is shown on is not the full award. Apparently LE has agreed with the family to raise it to $200,000.00 They have advised them to not keep raising it because someone with info will hold out possibly waiting for the amount to go higher. As of last night, her father has said it was only $200,000

Thanks for the clarification.

But, I still think the same - there comes a point when the amount no longer matters. I honestly do not think anyone with information is holding out for more money. Any tipster will either make the call or not. Some amount of money might motivate some types of tipsters, but I don't think it's an incentive for most people.

And for the detectives, they work on the case regardless of the reward.

Again, I wish the family every bit of success with their endeavors. Everyone wants this case solved, and soon.

jmo

I also came across this video on YouTube..but it's not the video that struck me but a comment that someone posted on the thread below. I know we can't name names on this but I can say is read the comments and there is one comment made by a guy he has a first and last name and an icon of a guy in a a jacket... What struck me is what he wrote about the killer.. He wrote a really long paragraph. It's interesting https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ7TQhKpUw4

That person is an amazing profiler....they need to come over here. Invite them.

I saw these last night as well. Brings me back to the scanner that night she went missing and found. Ugh.

That would have been a quick arrest, IMO. If these comments are true.

I'd be surprised if there is a connection at this point. It just doesn't fit with the MO of the LISK at all (and I say LISK because the detective in the AC case said he was sure the two cases are related). Also AC claimed to have DNA in their case, they tested it against Terry Oleson. If it did match that could explain the FBI being brought in, but I don't think that's the case.

I don't believe they got DNA from the AC murder cases.
The fact that Terry Oleson himself offered and provided his DNA to the police is not the same as that police had the killers DNA.
Add to that that Terry Oleson never got an answer back from police on whether his DNA was a match or not, witch tells me that
police did NOT have the killers DNA to compare to TO's DNA.
AND the 4 AC victims was found in water which probably washed of the killers DNA, the killer probably was well aware of that and
therefore place the 4 victims in water.

But if you have info where the police states that they have DNA from the AC killer please provide a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313